Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris M5000 showhardconf is showing everything is Deconfigured Post 302964839 by gull04 on Wednesday 20th of January 2016 03:39:41 AM
Old 01-20-2016
Hi,

Can you run a "poweron" on the server, or is it on a production network?

There may be an issue with the AC supply.

Regards

Gull04

Last edited by gull04; 01-20-2016 at 07:17 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

M5000 Question

Hi, I 've a fully loaded M5000 which i would like to partition in 4 domains but i have a concern that since we have only 4 internal disks how can we partition the box in for domains with 2 disks ( mirrored ) in each domain. Should i go ahead with 1 Lun from SAN and 1 internal disk for each of 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

2. Solaris

M5000 servers - XSCF functions

Hi all A couple of new M5000 servers will be arriving soon and I need to work out how to configure the underlying domains. It will come with 4 x CPUS, 32 Gb of memory, 4 x HD, 2 x IOtrays. Reading the XSCF manual, I can configure the item into 2 domains, something about uni / quad xsb.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
9 Replies

3. Solaris

M5000 Question

Hi i 've a M5000 running 2 domains in my Lab with following hardconf SPARC Enterprise M5000; Memory_Size:128 GB; +-----------------------------------+------------+ | FRU | Quantity | +-----------------------------------+------------+ | MBU_B... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to start SunVTS on M5000

Please advise. Thank you bash-3.00# cd /usr/sunvts/bin/ bash-3.00# ls bios.bin iobushangscript.sh stopsunvts vtsprobe cmos.bin javabridge.jar sunlink vtsreportgenerate dispatcher loadVtsServer svmVolDiskList vtstalk env6test... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

Deconfigured memories on RX7640

Hello, I am installing RX7640 and i have some issue with the memory modules. My system shows them as deconfigured. Do you think I use the right memories? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stapley
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Mounting USB in XSCF on M5000

Trying to update my M5000 firmware. trying to mount my USB to upload firmware and getting the following message. XSCF> getflashimage -v file:///media/usb_msd/FFXCP1115.tar.gz Free space: 97MB Making sure mount point is clear umount: /media/usb_msd is not mounted (according to mtab) Trying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to solve M5000 CPU "Deconfigured" state?

Hi Community, i have one M5000 spare machine which was handled by support team. they told me that it is gone completely . i have checked the status. before it was showing MBU_B degraded. i updated to latest firmware and , resetted the xscf and now this is showing as normal. MBU_B... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

M5000 Xscf

I took over an M5000 and have a jumper server with a nic to connect to the console IP of an M5000. access via ssh user@ip. it was working fine, another person can connect remotely on the subnet, but when I ssh,it just hangs and then times out. so my question is, any ideas of what I might... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
4 Replies

9. Solaris

M5000 fails to boot

I have an m5000 that Is down. I have access to XSCF> and was able to get to the ok prompt. However, on >ok boot it failed to boot. erred with : svc.startd: svc:/system/device/fc-fabric:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fc-fabric" failed due to signal KILL. Nov 29... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies

10. Hardware

M5000 won't power up

on an m5000 , I can not power it up, system failure. XSCF> poweron -a DomainIDs to power on:00,01 Continue? :y 00 :Not powering on :Poweron canceled due to missing component. 01 :Not powering on :Poweron canceled due to missing component. the only fault that I can see is: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
4 Replies
bindsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      bindsetup(8)

Name
       bindsetup - set up the Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND)/Hesiod service

Syntax
       /usr/etc/bindsetup [ -c [ -d directory ] -b binddomain  name1,IP1 name2,IP2 ...	]

Description
       The command sets up the Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND)/Hesiod service on your system and places and resolution under BIND/Hesiod con-
       trol.  You can use this command to set up your system as a primary, secondary, slave, or caching server, or as a client.

In order to run BIND/Hesiod, your system's host name must include the BIND domain name.	The BIND host name consists of the local host name
       plus  the  BIND	domain	name,  separated by periods.  For example, the BIND host name for a system whose local host name is and whose BIND
       domain name is is

The command edits the and files and changes the local host name to the BIND host name, if it is not there already.

If the command changes your system's host name, you should reboot the system to be sure that the change is propagated throughout  the  sys-
       tem.

Before  you  run , your system must be established on a local area network.  In addition, you must know the BIND domain name for your local
       area network, and whether your system will be a primary, secondary, slave, or caching server, or a client.

The command asks if you want to run a Kerberos authentication server. You must already have set up Kerberos to do do.   For  more  informa-
       tion, see the Guide to Kerberos.

You should run the command as superuser and with the system in multiuser mode.

If you use the option with the respective arguments, the command sets up your system as a BIND/Hesiod client non-interactively.

If you run the command with no arguments, a menu is displayed giving you a choice of responses.	You are then prompted for further informa-
       tion.  Before exits, it lists the files that have been updated.

Once BIND/Hesiod is installed on a machine, it cannot be used until the file is modified to contain BIND entries on  the  desired  database
       lines.  The command reminds a user to run or edit the file manually.

Options
       -c	    Sets up your system as a BIND/Hesiod client according to the following arguments you supply on the command line:

-d   directory
		    This  option and argument are required if you are setting up a diskless client from the diskless server.  The directory is the
		    full path name of the root directory for your system (a diskless client) on the diskless server.  The following is an  example
		    of a root directory for a diskless client named
		    /dlclient0/orange.root

-b   binddomain
		    This is the name of the BIND domain on which your system will be a BIND client.  For example, is a sample BIND domain name.

name,IP	    This is the host name and the IP address of the BIND server on the domain, for example You can specify one or more BIND server
		    by listing more name,IP arguments, each separated by a space.

Files
       List of locally maintained host names and IP addresses

Startup commands pertinent to a specific system

Database name with the selected naming services

Hesiod configuration file

List of Kerberos servers

Default BIND Files:

BIND server data file directory

BIND server boot file

BIND server cache file

BIND server local host reverse address host file

BIND primary server hosts file

BIND primary server reverse address hosts file

BIND data file

See Also
       nslookup(1), hesiod(3), hesiod.conf(5), svc.conf(5), svcsetup(8), named(8), krb.conf(5), resolv.conf(5)
       Guide to the BIND/Hesiod Service
       Guide to Kerberos

bindsetup(8)