Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reboot VIO - OK?
Operating Systems AIX Reboot VIO - OK? Post 302964520 by bakunin on Friday 15th of January 2016 10:25:13 AM
Old 01-15-2016
A very concise description by agent.kgb, thank you for that!

@thread-o/p: notice that what agent.kgb described is in fact "best practice" and even if you would not have the need to reboot the VIOS right now you should set things up like agent.kgb described it anyway!

If you find out that this is not the case it would be a perfect occasion to get some downtime URGENTLY and correct this! Otherwise these problems will come back to haunt you and most probably will raise their ugly heads in the most inconvenient moment possible.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

2. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. AIX

vio related

In a dual vio, how will u know one lpar is in which vio? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shobhan.murthy
1 Replies

4. AIX

VIO Redundancy

Hi Guys, I'm working on building a new 595 machine.. I'm try to achieve high availability for the VIO clients using 2 VIO servers, The ethernet part is satisfied using SEA failover, Now how do I achieve redundancy for the disks, its the servers internal disk attached to the scsi cards... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
2 Replies

5. AIX

Vio Build

I am planning carving out dual VIO servers on a P750 based and would like to know how to allocate internal disks to the VIOS. This has 4 internal disks and I would to assign 2 disks to each VIO. This is what I was thinking of assigning . Any advise? vio1 U5802.001.9K8H757-P1-C1 PCI-E x8... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
17 Replies

6. AIX

sddpcm on vio

I have same lun (hdisk3) assigned to 2 vios server (dual vio server) and this is mapped to the client lpar. I have sddpcm on the VIO. On the VIOA, the attributes for fscsi1 and fscsi3 are set to fast_fail and dyntrk is set to yes Now, if I do a lqueryvg -Atp on the hdisk3, I get a "DISK... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

vio in linux

I am working in AIX. In a P series machine both aix and linux os can install.. specific command is there for aix to list out the vio servers details mapped in a frame(ie. lssrc "IBM.ManagementServer", like that..) is there any command is der to list out vio servers details in linux or how to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muralikrish
1 Replies

8. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

9. AIX

VIO Server

Hi, I am facing an issue in vio server. When I run bosboot -ad /dev/hdisk0 I am getting an error trustchk: Verification of attributes failed: /usr/sbin/bootinfo : accessauths regards, vjm Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
8 Replies

10. AIX

Problems with VIO O/S 2.2.3

I hope someone has experienced this problem before and can help. I have a P730 (8231-E2D) which is fitted with 8 IBM SAS disks on 2 separate SISSAS controllers. The disk type is ST9146853SS (Seagate SAS 146Gb). The problem occurs when I try to install the VIO server software at 2.2.3. It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies
AutoLoader(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     AutoLoader(3)

NAME
PDL::AutoLoader - MatLab style AutoLoader for PDL SYNOPSIS
use PDL::AutoLoader; $a = func1(...); # Load file func1.pdl $b = func2(...); # Load file func2.pdl $PDL::AutoLoader::Rescan = 1; # Enable re-scanning DESCRIPTION
This module implements a MatLab style AutoLoader for PDL. If a unknown function 'func()' is called then a file 'func.pdl' is searched for and if found is read in to define 'func()' which is then executed. Files are seached for using the directories in seach path @PDLLIB, which is initialised from the shell environment variable "PDLLIB" which is a colon seperated list of directories. e.g. in csh setenv PDLLIB "/home/kgb/pdllib:/local/pdllib" Note this is kept seperate from "PERL5LIB" just in case. As an added bonus, you can use a leading '+' on a directory name to search not just that directory but the entire directory tree under it (excluding symlinks). The subdirs are determined by explicit search, and searches occur at startup and again each time you change the number of elements in @PDLLIB. For example, setenv PDLLIB "+~kgb/PDL" will search /home/kgb/PDL and all its subdirectories for .pdl files. AUTO-SCANNING The variable $PDL::AutoLoader::Rescan controls whether files are automatically re-scanned for changes at the "perldl" command line. If "$PDL::AutoLoader::Rescan == 1" and the file is changed then the new definition is reloaded auto-matically before executing the "perldl" command line. Which means in practice you can edit files, save changes and have "perldl" see the changes automatically. The default is '0' - i.e. to have this feature disabled. As this feature is only pertinent to the "perldl" shell it imposes no overhead on PDL scripts. Yes Bob you can have your cake and eat it too! Note: files are only re-evaled if they are determined to have been changed according to their date/time stamp. No doubt this interface could be improved upon some more. :-) Sample file: sub foo { # file 'foo.pdl' - define the 'foo' function my $x=shift; return sqrt($x**2 + $x**3 + 2); } 1; # File returns true (i.e. loaded successfully) AUTHOR
Copyright(C) 1997 Karl Glazebrook (kgb@aaoepp.aao.gov.au); several extensions by Craig DeForest (deforest@boulder.swri.edu) All rights reserved. There is no warranty. You are allowed to redistribute this software / documentation under certain conditions. For details, see the file COPYING in the PDL distribution. If this file is separated from the PDL distribution, the copyright notice should be included in the file. BUGS
No doubt this interface could be improved upon some more. :-) Will probably be quite slow if "$PDL::AutoLoader::Rescan == 1" and thousands of functions have been autoloaded. There could be a race condition in which the file changes while the internal autoloader code is being executed but it should be harmless. Probably has not been tested enough! PDL::AutoLoader::expand_path Expand a compactified path into a dir list You supply a pathlist and leading '+' and '~' characters get expanded into full directories. Normally you don't want to use this -- it's internal to the autoloader -- but some utilities, like the online documentation searcher, need to be able to use it. perl v5.12.1 2009-10-17 AutoLoader(3)