Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reboot VIO - OK?
Operating Systems AIX Reboot VIO - OK? Post 302964500 by DiViN3 on Friday 15th of January 2016 06:28:08 AM
Old 01-15-2016
Tools

Hi agent.kgb

Thanks for your answer!

What do you mean with:
Quote:
but you will get after it
How can I check the config of the LPAR to determine if a reboot would work without any trouble?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

2. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. AIX

vio related

In a dual vio, how will u know one lpar is in which vio? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shobhan.murthy
1 Replies

4. AIX

VIO Redundancy

Hi Guys, I'm working on building a new 595 machine.. I'm try to achieve high availability for the VIO clients using 2 VIO servers, The ethernet part is satisfied using SEA failover, Now how do I achieve redundancy for the disks, its the servers internal disk attached to the scsi cards... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
2 Replies

5. AIX

Vio Build

I am planning carving out dual VIO servers on a P750 based and would like to know how to allocate internal disks to the VIOS. This has 4 internal disks and I would to assign 2 disks to each VIO. This is what I was thinking of assigning . Any advise? vio1 U5802.001.9K8H757-P1-C1 PCI-E x8... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
17 Replies

6. AIX

sddpcm on vio

I have same lun (hdisk3) assigned to 2 vios server (dual vio server) and this is mapped to the client lpar. I have sddpcm on the VIO. On the VIOA, the attributes for fscsi1 and fscsi3 are set to fast_fail and dyntrk is set to yes Now, if I do a lqueryvg -Atp on the hdisk3, I get a "DISK... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

vio in linux

I am working in AIX. In a P series machine both aix and linux os can install.. specific command is there for aix to list out the vio servers details mapped in a frame(ie. lssrc "IBM.ManagementServer", like that..) is there any command is der to list out vio servers details in linux or how to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muralikrish
1 Replies

8. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

9. AIX

VIO Server

Hi, I am facing an issue in vio server. When I run bosboot -ad /dev/hdisk0 I am getting an error trustchk: Verification of attributes failed: /usr/sbin/bootinfo : accessauths regards, vjm Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
8 Replies

10. AIX

Problems with VIO O/S 2.2.3

I hope someone has experienced this problem before and can help. I have a P730 (8231-E2D) which is fitted with 8 IBM SAS disks on 2 separate SISSAS controllers. The disk type is ST9146853SS (Seagate SAS 146Gb). The problem occurs when I try to install the VIO server software at 2.2.3. It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)