Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare colunmn and find value within a ranges Post 302964301 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 13th of January 2016 09:42:10 AM
Old 01-13-2016
Code:
awk '
{ k=$1 FS $2 }
NR==FNR { a[k]=$3; next }
{ s[NR%n]=$3 }
(k in a) {
  printf "%s %s",$1,$2
  if (a[k]=="+") {
    for (i=1; i<=n; i++) printf " %s",s[(NR+i)%n]
    printf "\n"
  } else { f=n }
}
(f && (f--==1)) {
  for (i=n; i>=1; i--) printf " %s",s[(NR+i)%n]
  printf "\n"
}
' n=5 file1 file2

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to compare first column of two files and find difference

Hi, I want to write a script which will compare the 1st column of both the files and will give the difference. e.g:- my 1st file contains: 89 /usr 52 /usr/local 36 /tmp 92 /opt 96 /home 27 /etc/opt/EMCom 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command: various date ranges

Hi, I have writtena script that will recursivly go into subdirecotries and report out what files there are in there that have not been accessed over various date ranges. I do this using a number of find commands: find . -path './.snapshot' -prune -o -type f -atime -8 find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleIdiot
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Compare 2 systems to find any differences

Hi there, I have 2 machines running HP-UX. One off these controllers is able to send mail and the other cannot. I have looked at all the settings that I know and coannot find any differences. Is there a way to audit the 2 machinces by pulling all the settings then compare any differences? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two sample files and find common

Hi I have two sample files attached here one file contain entries in one column and second file contains entries in many columns I have to match entries of first file with entries in secon d file form secon column onwards and if matches write "match" in front of it. I tried several... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find and compare the data

hi , from the awk command i'm getting the output where the 2nd column of both are match in row wise, if it present in that same column some where else, I cannot get the correct output. awk 'FNR==NR {a=$5;next} $1 in a {if ($5==a) t=0; else {t=$5-a};print $0,t}' file.tsv file2.tsv please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the output of find command

Hi All, I am trying to run find command in a script to list out certain files based on a patter. However, when there is no file in the output, the script should exit. Tried a couple of operators (-n, -z) etc but the script does not work. I am confused whether a null string is returned... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare and find records of file1 not in file2

hi.. i am using solaris system and ksh and using nawk to get records of file1 not in file2(not line by line comparison). code i am using is nawk 'NR==FNR{a++} !a {print"line:" FNR"->" $0} ' file2 file1 same command with awk runs perfectly on darwin kernel(mac) but in solaris it does line by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and compare values from different txt files

Hello, i am new in Bash. Actually i have a directory : /home/resultfiles and inside i have these txt files: 531_1.out.res, 531_2.out.res , 531_3.out.res 532_1.out.res, 532_2.out.res , 532_3.out.res 533_1.out.res, 533_2.out.res, 533_3.out.res All these txt files has this format : num_q all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimpoura
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and find missing fields awk

Hello experts! I have 2 files. file1 is a list file containing uniquely names. e.g.: name1 number number name2 number number name5 number number name10 number number ... file2 is a data file arbitrary containing the names of file1 in paragraphs separated by "10" e.g. name4 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
3 Replies
JOIN(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   JOIN(1)

NAME
join - relational database operator SYNOPSIS
join [ options ] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
Join forms, on the standard output, a join of the two relations specified by the lines of file1 and file2. If file1 is `-', the standard input is used. File1 and file2 must be sorted in increasing ASCII collating sequence on the fields on which they are to be joined, normally the first in each line. There is one line in the output for each pair of lines in file1 and file2 that have identical join fields. The output line normally con- sists of the common field, then the rest of the line from file1, then the rest of the line from file2. Fields are normally separated by blank, tab or newline. In this case, multiple separators count as one, and leading separators are dis- carded. These options are recognized: -an In addition to the normal output, produce a line for each unpairable line in file n, where n is 1 or 2. -e s Replace empty output fields by string s. -jn m Join on the mth field of file n. If n is missing, use the mth field in each file. -o list Each output line comprises the fields specified in list, each element of which has the form n.m, where n is a file number and m is a field number. -tc Use character c as a separator (tab character). Every appearance of c in a line is significant. SEE ALSO
sort(1), comm(1), awk(1) BUGS
With default field separation, the collating sequence is that of sort -b; with -t, the sequence is that of a plain sort. The conventions of join, sort, comm, uniq, look and awk(1) are wildly incongruous. 7th Edition April 29, 1985 JOIN(1)