Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed 255 Character Limitation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed 255 Character Limitation Post 302964214 by ragha81 on Tuesday 12th of January 2016 07:50:11 AM
Old 01-12-2016
Hi Bakunin,

We are using HP -UX Operating System.

MadiinGermany.. Unfortunately perl is not installed in our system.

Thanks,
Ragha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX 11i - File Size Limitation And Number Of Folders Limitation

Hi All, Can anyone please clarify me the following questions: 1. Is there any file size limitation in HP-UX 11i, that I can able to create upto certain size of file (say 2 GB) and not more then that???? 2. At max. how many files we can able to keep inside a folder???? 3. How many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundeep_mohanty
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed limitation of 255 characters

Gurus, sed -e "s/\(.\{1,255\}\)\(.\{1,2\}\)\(.*\)/\1AB\3/" FILE ---this works sed -e "s/\(.\{1,468\}\)\(.\{1,2\}\)\(.*\)/\1AB\3/" FILE ---this does not It works only till 1,255 ( any number below 255 works) Any one know how to increase this limit. Thanks Sirababu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirababu
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED: Can't Repeat Search Character in SED Output

I'm not sure if the problem I'm seeing is an artifact of sed or simply a beginner's mistake. Here's the problem: I want to add a zero-width space following each underscore between XML tags. For example, if I had the following xml: <MY_BIG_TAG>This_is_a_test</MY_BIG_TAG> It should look like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhetoric101
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Character limitation in Join command

Hi, I'm trying to compare and join two files using join command. One of my files length is 3000. Join is not working for this file. It truncates character after 1600 lines. Anyone know a solution for this? the command i used is Comparing the 1st column of the first file and 3rd column of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Sed how can I replace starting from the 7th character to the 15th character.

Hi All, Was wondering how I can do the following.... I have a String as follows "ACCTRL000005022RRWDKKEEDKDD...." This string can be in a file called tail.out or in a Variable called $VAR2 Now I have another variable called $VAR1="000004785" (9 bytes long), I need the content of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohullah
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo !SR | nc 255.255.2.2 80 - how to in XP?

Hi guys I am trying to interface with an old industrial scanner through an old PC with an old network card and a copy of Linux. It now needs to speak to a Windows XP machine, but I have no idea what the Windows equivalent of these functions would are: echo !1 | nc 255.255.2.2 80 echo ?2 | nc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonyG
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED on AIX Limitation

Hello, I have a problem running a script created in ksh for Linux (Tested on Debian 5.0, Ubuntu Server 10.04 and RHEL 5.1), it works properly. :b: I trying to pass it to a AIX 5.3. :wall: The problem is the character limit of 256 on a command system and SED. I need to cut the contents of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemesis.spa
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore the 255 character limit of command line

Hi I would just like to ask if there is a way for UNIX to ignore/overcome the 255 character limit of the command line? My problem is that I have a really long line of text from a file (300+ bytes) which i have to "echo" and process by adding commands like "sed" to the end of the line, like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentgrecko
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: delete on each line before a character and after a character

Hi there, A total sed noob here. Is there a way using sed to delete everything before a character AND after another character on each line in a file? The deletion should also delete the indicating characters(here: an opening and a closing parenthesis). The original file would look like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bnbsd
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or traili

Hi, Anyone can help using SED searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or trailing space/blank. Text file : "1"|"ExternalClassDEA519CF5"|"Art1" "2"|"ExternalClass563EA516C"|"Art3" "3"|"ExternalClass305ED16B8"|"Art9" ... ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
2 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-a] [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -a run all tests Normally tests for optional features are skipped. With -a all tests are executed. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
* print "# Perl binary `$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. * print "# Perl version `$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. * print "# Perl @INC directory `$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. * print "# Needed module `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. * print "# Required module `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by con- ducting a proper installation. * print "# Unnecessary module `bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$mod- ule_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. * print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by con- ducting a proper installation. * print "# Perl header `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; Correct by running h2ph over your system's C header files. If necessary, edit the resulting *.ph files to eliminate perl syntax errors. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.8.9 2009-04-13 PERLIVP(1)