Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Time of query execution much different between 3 servers Post 302964175 by bakunin on Monday 11th of January 2016 05:52:17 PM
Old 01-11-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by omonoiatis9
I am trying to figure out what causes this extra delay during these hours but i cannot find anything. I tried to check the crons to see if there is something automatic that runs during these hours that is causing the delay but i dont think my answer is there.
What makes you think the answer is not in the crontabs? (The question is meant serious, what haveyou done to come to that conclusion?)

You might want to start with the basic tool for all things performance: vmstat. Use
Code:
vmstat -tw 1 | tee -a /some/log/file

and analyse the log. See if there is any significant difference between the first 5-6 minutes of an hour and the rest of the time. See if there is a difference between the first 5-6 minutes of the hour on server3 and the other two servers.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check query execution to go further

Can any one help with script (Korn) to do following ? :confused: I have 3 tasks to do in a shell. Task (1) is executing query which unloads the result into file XYZ. Before I start Task (2) which is java program and depends on file XYZ, I need to make sure that Task (1) is completed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cub
1 Replies

2. Programming

execution time

hi , i ve coded a C program in that im using malloc dynamically , it is being called many times in the program The program is to simulate jobs in manufacturing system. the execution time is increasing drastically as the number of jobs are increased. could any body tel what may be the problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramki_rk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

last execution time

is there a command in Solaris 8 that will show a particular scripts last execution time? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

specifying an execution time

Hi all, do ny o u'll know how to set a particular execution time for a program??? for eg.: --> during the execution of a file, i call a certain other function. --> while calling this function, my comp hangs. now is there ny way in which i can go to the nxt line of code by aborting the call... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To reduce execution time

Hi All, The below script I run daily and it consumes 2 hours approx. In this I am calling another script and executing the same twice. Is the loop below the cause for the slow process?Is it possible to finetune the program so that it runs in a much faster way? The first script: #!/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Automatic execution of commands in multiple servers using single script.

Hi, I've to do a simple job many times whenever it has been asked, just i've to log in to all of fourtien HP servers and i've to execute ps -fu user > temp cat temp|sendmail "xyz@z.com" commands to send the statics of all of 14 servers over the mail to particular user id.. Though logging... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time taken for execution

how much time a particular command or shell script executed there is any command to know this thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsurendra
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Remote execution of a local script on multiple servers

So I have a scriptlet called solaris_command: for i in \ server1 server2 server3 do echo $i ssh $i $1 echo "" done I then use that as a command in multiple scripts to allow for data gathering for all virtual hosts in the environment thusly: solaris_command "cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Parallel execution on multiple servers in UNIX

I have a requirement (in a shell script) to connect to several servers at once and execute a series of commands. I am aware that ssh can be used for sequential execution. But since most of the commands that I need to execute take a long time, I have to go for the parallel option. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sneha1887
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To take script execution time

Hello Guys, I would like to know is there a way to take the script execution time For e.g i am having a script.sh i need to write inside he script.sh like Start time : 10-Mar-2016 02:30:35 all code over here ... End time : 10-Mar-2016 03:30:32 Script start time - 02:30:35 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
7 Replies
Image::ExifTool::Shift(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Image::ExifTool::Shift(3pm)

NAME
Image::ExifTool::Shift.pl - ExifTool time shifting routines DESCRIPTION
This module contains routines used by ExifTool to shift date and time values. DETAILS
Time shifts are applied to standard EXIF-formatted date/time values (ie. "2005:03:14 18:55:00"). Date-only and time-only values may also be shifted, and an optional timezone (ie. "-05:00") is also supported. Here are some general rules and examples to explain how shift strings are interpreted: Date-only values are shifted using the following formats: 'Y:M:D' - shift date by 'Y' years, 'M' months and 'D' days 'M:D' - shift months and days only 'D' - shift specified number of days Time-only values are shifted using the following formats: 'h:m:s' - shift time by 'h' hours, 'm' minutes and 's' seconds 'h:m' - shift hours and minutes only 'h' - shift specified number of hours Timezone shifts are specified in the following formats: '+h:m' - shift timezone by 'h' hours and 'm' minutes '-h:m' - negative shift of timezone hours and minutes '+h' - shift timezone hours only '-h' - negative shift of timezone hours only A valid shift value consists of one or two arguments, separated by a space. If only one is provided, it is assumed to be a time shift when applied to a time-only or a date/time value, or a date shift when applied to a date-only value. For example: '7' - shift by 1 hour if applied to a time or date/time value, or by one day if applied to a date value '2:0' - shift 2 hours (time, date/time), or 2 months (date) '5:0:0' - shift 5 hours (time, date/time), or 5 years (date) '0:0:1' - shift 1 s (time, date/time), or 1 day (date) If two arguments are given, the date shift is first, followed by the time shift: '3:0:0 0' - shift date by 3 years '0 15:30' - shift time by 15 hours and 30 minutes '1:0:0 0:0:0+5:0' - shift date by 1 year and timezone by 5 hours A date shift is simply ignored if applied to a time value or visa versa. Numbers specified in shift fields may contain a decimal point: '1.5' - 1 hour 30 minutes (time, date/time), or 1 day (date) '2.5 0' - 2 days 12 hours (date/time), 12 hours (time) or 2 days (date) And to save typing, a zero is assumed for any missing numbers: '1::' - shift by 1 hour (time, date/time) or 1 year (date) '26:: 0' - shift date by 26 years '+:30 - shift timezone by 30 minutes Below are some specific examples applied to real date and/or time values ('Dir' is the applied shift direction: '+' is positive, '-' is negative): Original Value Shift Dir Shifted Value --------------------- ------- --- --------------------- '20:30:00' '5' + '01:30:00' '2005:01:27' '5' + '2005:02:01' '11:54:00' '2.5 0' - '23:54:00' '2005:11:02' '2.5 0' - '2005:10:31' '2005:11:02 11:54:00' '2.5 0' - '2005:10:30 23:54:00' '2004:02:28 08:00:00' '1 1.3' + '2004:02:29 09:18:00' '07:00:00' '-5' + '07:00:00' '07:00:00+01:00' '-5' + '07:00:00-04:00' '07:00:00Z' '+2:30' - '07:00:00-02:30' '1970:01:01' '35::' + '2005:01:01' '2005:01:01' '400' + '2006:02:05' '10:00:00.00' '::1.33' + '09:59:58.67' NOTES
The format of the original date/time value is not changed when the time shift is applied. This means that the length of the date/time string will not change, and only the numbers in the string will be modified. The only exception to this rule is that a 'Z' timezone is changed to '+00:00' notation if a timezone shift is applied. A timezone will not be added to the date/time string. TRICKY
This module is perhaps more complicated than it needs to be because it is designed to be very flexible in the way time shifts are specified and applied... The ability to shift dates by Y years, M months, etc, is somewhat contradictory to the goal of maintaining a constant shift for all time values when applying a batch shift. This is because shifting by 1 month can be equivalent to anything from 28 to 31 days, and 1 year can be 365 or 366 days, depending on the starting date. The inconsistency is handled by shifting the first tag found with the actual specified shift, then calculating the equivalent time difference in seconds for this shift and applying this difference to subsequent tags in a batch conversion. So if it works as designed, the behaviour should be both intuitive and mathematically correct, and the user shouldn't have to worry about details such as this (in keeping with Perl's "do the right thing" philosophy). BUGS
This feature uses the standard time library functions, which typically are limited to dates in the range 1970 to 2038. AUTHOR
Copyright 2003-2011, Phil Harvey (phil at owl.phy.queensu.ca) This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Image::ExifTool(3pm) perl v5.12.4 2011-03-20 Image::ExifTool::Shift(3pm)