Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Time of query execution much different between 3 servers Post 302964130 by omonoiatis9 on Monday 11th of January 2016 05:31:36 AM
Old 01-11-2016
Time of query execution much different between 3 servers

Hello,

I have 3 AIX 6.1 machines running INFORMIX 11.7 database engine.
One of these servers is the database server and the other 2 servers are connecting to it.
I am doing a test to determine the time of query execution between these servers and i see that in specific times one of these server is taking much more response time.
Here is an example of the test:
Code:
server1: 11:00:00     11:01:01    11:02:00   11:03:00   11:04:00
              0m0,05s     0m0,08s    0m0,08s   0m0,05s   0m0,05s

server2: 11:00:00    11:01:00    11:02:00   11:03:00   11:04:00
              0m0,08s    0m0,10s    0m0,06s   0m0,08s   0m0,08s

server3:  11:00:00   11:01:00  11:02:00    11:03:00    11:04:00
               0m0,07s  0m0,65s   0m0,27s    0m0,25s   0m0,50s

You can see that the execution time on server3 is much longer that the other 2 and i noticed that this happens at the first 5-6 minutes of each hour.
I am trying to figure out what causes this extra delay during these hours but i cannot find anything. I tried to check the crons to see if there is something automatic that runs during these hours that is causing the delay but i dont think my answer is there.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check query execution to go further

Can any one help with script (Korn) to do following ? :confused: I have 3 tasks to do in a shell. Task (1) is executing query which unloads the result into file XYZ. Before I start Task (2) which is java program and depends on file XYZ, I need to make sure that Task (1) is completed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cub
1 Replies

2. Programming

execution time

hi , i ve coded a C program in that im using malloc dynamically , it is being called many times in the program The program is to simulate jobs in manufacturing system. the execution time is increasing drastically as the number of jobs are increased. could any body tel what may be the problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramki_rk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

last execution time

is there a command in Solaris 8 that will show a particular scripts last execution time? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

specifying an execution time

Hi all, do ny o u'll know how to set a particular execution time for a program??? for eg.: --> during the execution of a file, i call a certain other function. --> while calling this function, my comp hangs. now is there ny way in which i can go to the nxt line of code by aborting the call... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To reduce execution time

Hi All, The below script I run daily and it consumes 2 hours approx. In this I am calling another script and executing the same twice. Is the loop below the cause for the slow process?Is it possible to finetune the program so that it runs in a much faster way? The first script: #!/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Automatic execution of commands in multiple servers using single script.

Hi, I've to do a simple job many times whenever it has been asked, just i've to log in to all of fourtien HP servers and i've to execute ps -fu user > temp cat temp|sendmail "xyz@z.com" commands to send the statics of all of 14 servers over the mail to particular user id.. Though logging... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time taken for execution

how much time a particular command or shell script executed there is any command to know this thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsurendra
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Remote execution of a local script on multiple servers

So I have a scriptlet called solaris_command: for i in \ server1 server2 server3 do echo $i ssh $i $1 echo "" done I then use that as a command in multiple scripts to allow for data gathering for all virtual hosts in the environment thusly: solaris_command "cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Parallel execution on multiple servers in UNIX

I have a requirement (in a shell script) to connect to several servers at once and execute a series of commands. I am aware that ssh can be used for sequential execution. But since most of the commands that I need to execute take a long time, I have to go for the parallel option. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sneha1887
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To take script execution time

Hello Guys, I would like to know is there a way to take the script execution time For e.g i am having a script.sh i need to write inside he script.sh like Start time : 10-Mar-2016 02:30:35 all code over here ... End time : 10-Mar-2016 03:30:32 Script start time - 02:30:35 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
7 Replies
TIMES(P)						     POSIX Programmer's Manual							  TIMES(P)

NAME
times - write process times SYNOPSIS
times DESCRIPTION
The times utility shall write the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for all of its child processes, in the following POSIX locale format: "%dm%fs %dm%fs %dm%fs %dm%fs ", <shell user minutes>, <shell user seconds>, <shell system minutes>, <shell system seconds>, <children user minutes>, <children user seconds>, <children system minutes>, <children system seconds> The four pairs of times shall correspond to the members of the <sys/times.h> tms structure (defined in the Base Definitions volume of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, Chapter 13, Headers) as returned by times(): tms_utime, tms_stime, tms_cutime, and tms_cstime, respectively. OPTIONS
None. OPERANDS
None. STDIN
Not used. INPUT FILES
None. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
None. ASYNCHRONOUS EVENTS
Default. STDOUT
See the DESCRIPTION. STDERR
The standard error shall be used only for diagnostic messages. OUTPUT FILES
None. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
None. EXIT STATUS
Zero. CONSEQUENCES OF ERRORS
Default. The following sections are informative. APPLICATION USAGE
None. EXAMPLES
$ times 0m0.43s 0m1.11s 8m44.18s 1m43.23s RATIONALE
The times special built-in from the Single UNIX Specification is now required for all conforming shells. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
None. SEE ALSO
Special Built-In Utilities COPYRIGHT
Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2003 Edition, Standard for Information Technol- ogy -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, Copyright (C) 2001-2003 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. In the event of any discrepancy between this version and the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained online at http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html . IEEE
/The Open Group 2003 TIMES(P)