Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Increasing size of root partition Post 302964092 by RudiC on Sunday 10th of January 2016 05:09:34 AM
Old 01-10-2016
I don't see the immediate need to modify anything as there's almost 60% free on the disk/volume/partition that is mounted on root.
For further advice more info i needed like the partitioning scheme of the disk, and other disks available.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increasing a directory size

Hello all Can someone tell me I am running a script and the outputs directory is too small to contain the newly created file as a result of this script. How can I increase the directory size? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonest
9 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help on increasing fs size

Hi Experts, I am not sure whether my question should be in this thread or some other one. I am using HP Tru64 system. Currently one of my filesystem /others is almost full. I need to know the exact commands to increase this filesystem. Please show me how to check for free partitions and add... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Increasing size of Root Partition

Dear all, How can we increase the space for the root partition, ensuring that there is no loss of data in Solaris 9. How can the growfs command be utilized in this case. Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: asadlone
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best ways of increasing space on a partition

Hi, On one of our solaris servers, the root partition has filled up,(it was poorly sized in the first place), Does anyone have any advice about the best way to add space to a partition. I'm sure I've read how to do this somewhere before but just can't remember...:( A colleague has suggested... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kenny123m
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increasing the Size of the Samba Partition

Hi, Is there any command to increase the size of the samba partition when the samba share is online?? Regards Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
1 Replies

6. Solaris

how to increase size of the root partition

Hi we have a sunfire v880 server . we have a problem with root partion it showing 90% full. so anyone can help me how to increase the size of that partion. NOTE: It is not in veritas & SVM control. Regards prakash (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pshelke
6 Replies

7. Solaris

how to expand root partition size?

Dear All For installing an application that will seat under /opt , I need to increase my root partition size (/c0t0d0s0) . Can you please let me know how can I increase this partition size? Thank you (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
10 Replies

8. Solaris

increasing interlace size

Hi All, I have got a RAID 5 SVM in my Solaris Box. Recently we had performance issues with it. So SUN has told us to increase the interlace size to 128k. how can we do it so that we have to recreate the RAID 5. ALso guide what are all the pre cautions that we need to take before doing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

9. Solaris

increasing root / partition

Dear all, I have a root partition which is 20 G in size. I have var and /tmp as seperate file systems. But this 20 G of root is not sufficeint. I want to increase the size of the / partition. Is there any way to increase with out down time. my df -k output is Filesystem ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Increasing Root File Partition

Dear all , We have a root partition ( / ) in linux which has a very less space . And we need to increase the size of the root partition . There are no space in other file systems , so that i can take it from there and increase it. Just wanted to know if we get some SAN space , can we... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-VERITYSETUP-GENERATOR(8)			   systemd-veritysetup-generator			  SYSTEMD-VERITYSETUP-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-veritysetup-generator - Unit generator for integrity protected block devices SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-veritysetup-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-veritysetup-generator is a generator that translates kernel command line options configuring integrity protected block devices (verity) into native systemd units early at boot and when configuration of the system manager is reloaded. This will create systemd- veritysetup@.service(8) units as necessary. Currently, only a single verity device may be se up with this generator, backing the root file system of the OS. systemd-veritysetup-generator implements systemd.generator(7). KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-veritysetup-generator understands the following kernel command line parameters: systemd.verity=, rd.systemd.verity= Takes a boolean argument. Defaults to "yes". If "no", disables the generator entirely. rd.systemd.verity= is honored only by the initial RAM disk (initrd) while systemd.verity= is honored by both the host system and the initrd. roothash= Takes a root hash value for the root file system. Expects a hash value formatted in hexadecimal characters, of the appropriate length (i.e. most likely 256 bit/64 characters, or longer). If not specified via systemd.verity_root_data= and systemd.verity_root_hash=, the hash and data devices to use are automatically derived from the specified hash value. Specifically, the data partition device is looked for under a GPT partition UUID derived from the first 128bit of the root hash, the hash partition device is looked for under a GPT partition UUID derived from the last 128bit of the root hash. Hence it is usually sufficient to specify the root hash to boot from an integrity protected root file system, as device paths are automatically determined from it -- as long as the partition table is properly set up. systemd.verity_root_data=, systemd.verity_root_hash= These two settings take block device paths as arguments, and may be use to explicitly configure the data partition and hash partition to use for setting up the integrity protection for the root file system. If not specified, these paths are automatically derived from the roothash= argument (see above). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-veritysetup@.service(8), veritysetup(8), systemd-fstab-generator(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-VERITYSETUP-GENERATOR(8)