Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Programming c/C++ in centos
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Programming c/C++ in centos Post 302963981 by gitac on Friday 8th of January 2016 08:01:19 PM
Old 01-08-2016
right I understood Jim, I think more or less like you,..
Sea and Jim thank you for your reply,..
about me i come from Slackware, i programm using gcc directly of bash, then i programm directly using emacs, bash and shell script, i think i will continue like that,..

---------- Post updated at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:59 PM ----------

i understand your point sea,..
this because I programm very great in C,.
but i programm only for numerical in physics,..
but i know next to nothing about unix, i programm very much in C though,.
i use linux cause is more efficiently for physics,..
i love c though,..only programm in c,..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c programming or unix programming!?

i would like advice on the usbject of c programming (in the middle of reading a book on C). could i benefit more if i apply that knowledge in the unix format if i were able to, or would that take the point out of learning C, basically I want to stay away from strying too far away from unix and use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

3. Programming

C Programming - Hardware Programming

Can someone help me on suggesting some ways to access the memory content in RAM directly from C/C++ source code. Please provide me any book name or any URL so that I can get an exhaustive knowledge over it. If possible please give me some tips on interacting with hardwares directly through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies
VMWARE-USER-SUID-WRAPPER(8)					   Open VM Tools				       VMWARE-USER-SUID-WRAPPER(8)

NAME
vmware-user-suid-wrapper - wrapper programm for vmware-user(1) SYNOPSIS
vmware-user-suid-wrapper DESCRIPTION
Operations on the vmblock(9) filesystem are considered privileged, and as such may only be issued on a file descriptor acquired by root. This is accomplished by vmware-user-suid-wrapper, a small setuid wrapper whose only purpose is to acquire a filesystem file descriptor, drop superuser privileges, and then execute vmware-user(1). In particular, prepare the system for vmware-user means that it unmounts the vmblock file system, unloads the vmblock module, then reloads the module, mounts the file system, and opens a file descriptor that vmware- user can use to add and remove blocks. OPTIONS
vmware-user-suid-wrapper has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmware-user-suid-wrapper and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMWARE-USER-SUID-WRAPPER(8)