Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use bash command on awk field and output the result Post 302963904 by RudiC on Thursday 7th of January 2016 04:55:18 PM
Old 01-07-2016
If it HAS to be awk, try
Code:
 awk '{system("date +\"" $1 ",%d/%m/%y," $3 "\" -d\"01/01/15 + " $2 "days -1 day\"")}' FS=, file
1,02/01/15,3
20,30/01/15,40
60,11/03/15,80

or, slightly shorter,
Code:
awk '{system("date +\"" $1 ",%d/%m/%y," $3 "\" -d\"01/01/15 + " $2 - 1 "days\"")}' FS=, file
1,02/01/15,3
20,30/01/15,40
60,11/03/15,80

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

awk to output cmd result

I was wondering if it was possible to tell awk to print the output of a command in the print. .... | awk '{print $0}' I would like it to print the date right before $0, so something like (this doesn't work though) .... | awk '{print date $0}' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMTheNachoMan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Paste Multiple SQL output result to exec command

Hi, I want to write the shell script to change multple file name (the file name is get from DB) e.g. cp db1.txt file1_new.txt cp db2.txt file2_new.txt cp db3.txt file3_new.txt I have write the script like this: VAR=`sqlplus -s $LOGON @<<ENDOFTEXT set termout off ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackyntk
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output field delimiter

Dear All, 1.txt (tab in between each value in a line) a b c a b c a c d you can see below, why with ~ i can output with tab, but = cannot? # awk -F'\t' '$2 ~ /b/' 1 a b c a b c # awk -F'\t' '$2 = "b"' 1 a b c a b c a b d ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can put the result of a command inside a bash variable?

#!/bin/bash #... for i in `ls -c1 /usr/share/applications` do name="cat $i | grep ^Name= | cut -d = -f2" echo $name #... done Now inside name as output is present: while i want only the result of the command. Ideally i would like obtain that information using only bash ... or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexscript
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting awk output depending on grep result

Hi, I don't script often enough to know how to do this, and I can't seem to find a right example online. I have a csv output from an old, old system (Win2K???), from which I want to extract only certain fields. Initially I came up with something like this: cat file1 | awk -F '"' '{print $8... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: takada
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files Field by field and output the result in another file

Hi Friends, Need Help. I have file1.txt as File1.txt |123|A|7267|Hyder|Cross|Sell|7801 |995|A|7051|2008|Lunar|New|Year|Promotion|7801 |996|A|7022|Q108|Targ|Prospect|&|SSCC|Savings|Promo|7801 |997|A|7182|Q1|Feb-Apr|08|Credit|ITA|PA|SBA|Campaign|7801 File2.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NEWB Question - BASH COMMAND RESULT for ${0##*/}

This should be extremely simple and someone will probably answer it in .5 seconds. I need to know what: VARIABLE=${0##*/} does? I do not have a shell handy to just try it in. I am reading through some scripts and need to understand this line. Any help is appreciated. Many thanks! -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisgoetz
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk truncating first field output?

Hello, I'm writing an Awk script to take a command line argument (student's name) and output their relevant student#, name, and marks. For some reason, awk arbitrarily removes the first digit from the student number and doesn't show me the proper output. Here is my code: #! /usr/bin/awk -f... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trashmouth12
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command gives incorrect result?

Hi All, I am looking to filter out filesystems which are greter than a specific value. I use the command df -h | awk '$4 >=70.00 {print $4,$5}' But this results out as below, which also gives for lower values. 9% /u01 86% /home 8% /u01/data 82% /install 70% /u01/app Looks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a multi-line shell command output and execute logic based on result

The following is a multi-line shell command example: $cargo build Compiling prawn v0.1.0 (/Users/ag/rust/prawn) error: failed to resolve: could not find `setup_panix` in `human_panic` --> src/main.rs:14:22 | 14 | human_panic::setup_panix!(); | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi
2 Replies
COMMAND-NOT-FOUND(1)					    http://en.opensuse.org/Sco					      COMMAND-NOT-FOUND(1)

NAME
command-not-found - A command-not-found handler SYNOPSIS
command-not-found {binary_name} {repository} ARGUMENTS
The following arguments are required: binary_name The name of binary you are looking for. repository The name of repository for search. For most cases, use zypp DESCRIPTION
command-not-found handler is designed to tell users which package contains a missing command. The handler is integrated to bash(1) and zsh(1) shells and is not necessary to call it directly. Just type a name of the command in your favourite shell and you'll get a result. If you consider c-n-f handler useless, just add unset command_not_found_handle to your profile or remove the command-not-found package. Handler doesn't call the command-not-found binary directly, it only prints info about it. If you want to invoke it automatically, just add export COMMAND_NOT_FOUND_AUTO=1 to your bash profile. EXAMPLE
: NORMAL USAGE For example you want to try blender, because you have heard that is an amazing program. So just type blender in shell: $ blender You get the following output: The program 'blender' can be found in the following package: * blender [ path: /usr/bin/blender, repository: zypp (openSUSE 11.1-0) ] Try installing with: sudo zypper install blender bash: blender: command not found SEE ALSO
scout(1) AUTHOR
Pavol Rusnak <stick@gk2.sk> Developer http://gitorious.org/opensus 08/07/2009 COMMAND-NOT-FOUND(1)