Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gunzip: File too large error
Operating Systems Solaris Gunzip: File too large error Post 302963865 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 7th of January 2016 09:11:37 AM
Old 01-07-2016
Try
Code:
gunzip < mysql2-dump.gz  > mysql2-dump

Be sure there is enough free space where you are placing mysql2-dump

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gunzip error

I am trynig to unzip a file with gunzip, and am getting an error 'File too large'. Any ideas on how to get around this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkappaz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gunzip error

While trying to gunzip afile I get the following error message ls -l UK_US_02310.dat.gz -rwxrwxrwx 1 imis abint 348854527 Jan 8 00:17 UK_US_02310.dat.gz gunzip UK_US_02310.dat.gz gunzip: UK_US_02310.dat.gz: invalid compressed data--format violated I can gzcat the file and pipe to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mccoubreyr
3 Replies

3. AIX

RS/6000 gcc compile large file error

hi, everybody£º i have a question, pls help me¡£ OS : RS/6000 AIX 4.3.3 cPU : Powerpc,POWER3 compiler : gcc 3.2.3 source file £º 8M OS kernel : 32 bit (selecting at installing operating system, the hardware support 64 bit) when i compiling the large source file (8 M), i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

error using gunzip

Good day, Recently I zipped an oracle export file task123.dmp using gzip. And now I am trying to unzip it using gunzip task123.dmp.gz but am unable to do so. It keeps on giving the following error; > gunzip task123.dmp.gz gunzip: task123.dmp: File too large The task123.dmp.gz file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keyser Soze
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error transferring large file using sftp protocol

Hello All, I am not able to transfer large file completely (more than 60 MB) through automated SFTP script. It transfers only the partial file (approximately 55 MB) and it stops. I use "expect" command to transfer file in a automatic mode through script. The file transfer rate i get is around... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant.patel
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gunzip error - not in gzip format

Hi, I am getting this error gunzip file1.tar.Z gunzip: file1.tar.Z: not in gzip format Any clues? This goes bad only in some recent installations of ids (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagercyber
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching inside a .gz file without gunzip

I have a set of folders inside which there may be n number of files. All those files are in .gz extension. Now I need to search all the files without gunzip them. Also I need to read the content of a file if the search pattern is found without gunzip them. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to gunzip a .gz file, in ksh

i am working on unix - ksh trying to unzip a .gz file and when i executed the below, in my command prompt in ksh gunzip abc.gz it was throwing the message below: gunzip: abc.gz: unexpected end of file - pls advise what is the reason for it..i am pretty sure the .gz file had no issues. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billpeter3010
3 Replies

9. AIX

Gunzip tar A directory checksum error on media

Hi, what is the directory checksum error ? # sed 's/^M$//' test4_bkp_19Jan13.tgz | tar -tvf - tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media; -265745505 not equal to 76225. # mv test4_bkp_19Jan13.tgz test4.gz # gunzip < /ebs2/test4.gz | tar -xvf - tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gunzip a file in UNIX

hi All, i have a file called rsync-3.0.9.tar.gz, i have to unzip and then uncompress it. but at first while i am trying to unzip this file, it is giving me following error: -rw-r--r-- 1 bravodba bravodba 7278458 Aug 19 08:26 rsync-3.0.9.tar.gz bash-3.2$ unzip rsync-3.0.9.tar.gz Archive: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
12 Replies
cr_open(3)						     Library Functions Manual							cr_open(3)

NAME
cr_open() - open crash dump for reading SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The library call opens a crash dump and passes back a crash dump descriptor. The path argument points to a path name naming a crash dump directory or file, and must not exceed bytes in length. The CRASH * to which crash_cb points is set to a crash dump descriptor, which can then be passed to the other functions to access the crash dump. flags is a bitmask of zero or more of the following flag values, which affect the operation of future calls to libcrash routines for this crash dump, except for cr_verify(3), which has its own flags parameter. The library will not attempt to verify checksums of files in the crash dump if this flag is set. The library will write messages to stderr during time-consuming operations (decompressions and checksums) if this flag is set. RETURN VALUE
Returns zero for success. Other possible return values are described in libcrash(5). EXAMPLES
The following call to opens crash dump contained in the directory and returns the crash dump descriptor For an example of reading the crash dump see the cr_read(3) manual entry. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cr_close(3), cr_perror(3), libcrash(5). cr_open(3)