Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DB2 in awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting DB2 in awk Post 302963686 by RudiC on Tuesday 5th of January 2016 03:54:02 AM
Old 01-05-2016
No problem with awk, it's the specified behaviour. Did you try the proposed alternative?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

DB2 Monitoring

Hi everyone. I am currently looking for a monitor to monitor my DB2 UDB database, which runs on AIX 5.3. Does anyone here use any good ones or has anyone heard of any good ones? I especially need to monitor which applications run at any given time, so that I am able to ballance the workload... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprellari
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exception while loading DB2 driver Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver")

Hi... I m working on UNIX z/OS. Actually i have to pass the parameters from the JCL to java-db2 program thru PARM. I am able to pass the arguments but the problem occured is, it is throwing an exception while loading the db2 driver as 'Javaclassnotfound:com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sujatha Gowda
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else

Hi Guys, I need to set the value of $7 to zero in case $7 is NULL. I've tried the below command but doesn't work. Any ideas. thanks guys. MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else { print $7}}' ` Harby. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with UNIX, awk and DB2

Hi i am working on a script which takes a parameter file as input . this parameter file is having SQL statements. I am fetching column names from the output of SQL file using following code: while read Record1 do SQLQuery=`echo $Record1 | awk '{printf $0 }'` ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

db2

i want to run a db2 query though shell script but i want my where condition element to chnage everytime like class_nm='abc' next time class_nm='def' next time i want it to do by passing parameters to unix script can someone give example how can i do it (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
0 Replies

6. AIX

DB2 basics

Dear friends I am going to study DB2 and i dont have any experience with any DB's.. Please provide me with some links or pdf's for DB2 starters. any advice will be very usefull (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect db2 using db2 connect

I want to connect to DB2 database which is mainframes using a unix script and run query and get the result set into the unix box. Is this acheivable using db2 connect? pls help me with a sample script which can perform the same. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: midhun19
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file to read values from Db2 table replacing hard coded values

Hi, I want to replace a chain of if-else statement in an old AWK file with values from Db2 table or CSV file. The part of code is below... if (start_new_rec=="true"){ exclude_user="false"; user=toupper($6); match(user, "XXXXX."); if (RSTART ==2 ) { ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asandy1234
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

DB2 in awk or PARSING VALUE in Shell Script

Guys, My Motive is, There are some View names in the file with the format of SCHEMA.VIEWNAMe, I want to read the data from file and parse it to SCHEMA and VIEWNAME and execute DB2 command to get the base Table name. I can parse easily through AWK but i could not execute db2 commands in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running db2 commands in awk

Hi , I am trying to use the below in awk but failed, any one assist please, awk '{ print $0; if ( $0 ~ /LOADTMP1/ ) { print $4; Table_name=system($( db2 -x "SELECT TRIM(TD.BSCHEMA) || '.' || TRIM(TD.BNAME) AS TABLE_NAME FROM SYSCAT.TABDEP TD WHERE TD.BTYPE='T' AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
2 Replies
DROP 
TABLE(7) SQL Commands DROP TABLE(7) NAME
DROP TABLE - remove a table SYNOPSIS
DROP TABLE [ IF EXISTS ] name [, ...] [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP TABLE removes tables from the database. Only its owner can drop a table. To empty a table of rows without destroying the table, use DELETE [delete(7)] or TRUNCATE [truncate(7)]. DROP TABLE always removes any indexes, rules, triggers, and constraints that exist for the target table. However, to drop a table that is referenced by a view or a foreign-key constraint of another table, CASCADE must be specified. (CASCADE will remove a dependent view entirely, but in the foreign-key case it will only remove the foreign-key constraint, not the other table entirely.) PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the table does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to drop. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the table (such as views). RESTRICT Refuse to drop the table if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
To destroy two tables, films and distributors: DROP TABLE films, distributors; COMPATIBILITY
This command conforms to the SQL standard, except that the standard only allows one table to be dropped per command, and apart from the IF EXISTS option, which is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
ALTER TABLE [alter_table(7)], CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP TABLE(7)