Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thank you members and admins
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Thank you members and admins Post 302963659 by RudiC on Monday 4th of January 2016 04:16:54 PM
Old 01-04-2016
Congratulation from my part as well! It's good to see that our exercises and efforts fall on fertile soil.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Admins >

Just wanted to say great website and thank you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

admins and moderators..

hi admins and moderators, thread :https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=20620 my first thread in the forum.. i thought of some other answer. i like to tell you to delete that thread.. or tell anyother answer.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Any sys admins from uk?

Hello Guys, im new to this forum. Im from UK and ive recently completed my SCSA I & II and also got trained in Veritas Suite (Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas Clusters, Veritas NetBackup), SAN Configuration. I was trying to get a break as a junior sun solaris admin. I am applying for the jobs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megadeth
1 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Guides for new HPC admins

In my company, it's fallen on me to serve as the admin of our new HPC cluster, a task that's very new to me. It's very important to me to lay a solid foundation and avoid any unnecessary pitfalls. So, can anyone recommend a succinct guide or list of do's-and-don'ts for adiminstering an HPC cluster?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBryan
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

For the Admins, rouge advert(s)...

Hi guys this problem exists on all my machines... Windows 8.1, Ubuntu, iMac and this MBP. All use fireFox, latest current version. If I log in there is NOT a problem. I usually enter this site as an outsider and I have noticed that there is some rouge code and/or advert that slows the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
5 Replies
netx(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   netx(8)

Name
       netx - TCP/IP net exerciser

Syntax
       /usr/field/netx [ -h ] [ -tn B ] [ -pm ] nodename

Description
       The  exerciser  sets  up a stream socket connection to the server in the TCP/IP internet domain. With connection made, the exerciser writes
       random data to the server; the server loops the data back to and the data is read and verified against the data written out.

The exerciser runs in conjunction with the server.

The exerciser by default will use the port number of the echo service in the file. Make sure that the TCP echo service is  enabled  in  the
       file  (no `#' in front of the service). The exerciser will run until or kill -15 pid is sent to the process.  The nodename is the remote or
       local system host name running the server.

Options
       The netx options are:

-h	 Print the help message for the command.

-tn	 Run time in minutes (n).  The default is to run until the process receives or kill -15 pid.

-pm	 Specify port number to use in internet domain (m < 32768).  Note that this option is not used with  the  server,  so  you  should
		 never have to use this option.

Restrictions
       If  there  is  a need to run a system exerciser over an NFS link or on a diskless system, there are some restrictions.  For exercisers that
       need to write into a file system, such as the target file system must be writable by root.  Also the directory, in which any of	the  exer-
       cisers  are  executed,  must be writable by root because temporary files are written into the current directory.  These latter restrictions
       are sometimes difficult to overcome because often NFS file systems are mounted in a way that prevents root from writing into them.  Some of
       the restrictions may be overcome by copying the exerciser to another directory and then executing it.

Examples
       The following example exercises the TCP/IP network from the local host to node keel until a or kill -15 pid is received:
       % /usr/field/netx keel
       The following example exercises the TCP/IP network from the local host to node photon for 180 minutes in the background:
       % /usr/field/netx -t180 photon &

See Also
       Guide to System Exercisers

netx(8)