Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thank you members and admins
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Thank you members and admins Post 302963579 by wisecracker on Sunday 3rd of January 2016 01:59:12 PM
Old 01-03-2016
Hi Peasant...

It goes without saying that if it wasn't for the big guns on here I would not be where I am now with shell scripting.

I too thank them for investing their time, as time on planet Earth is a very limited commodity to we humans and once lost it can never be retrieved.

Like you I truly believe in giving away knowledge where I can and hope I have been of use to this community in the 3(ish) years I have been a member.
These 4 Users Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Admins >

Just wanted to say great website and thank you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

admins and moderators..

hi admins and moderators, thread :https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=20620 my first thread in the forum.. i thought of some other answer. i like to tell you to delete that thread.. or tell anyother answer.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Any sys admins from uk?

Hello Guys, im new to this forum. Im from UK and ive recently completed my SCSA I & II and also got trained in Veritas Suite (Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas Clusters, Veritas NetBackup), SAN Configuration. I was trying to get a break as a junior sun solaris admin. I am applying for the jobs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megadeth
1 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Guides for new HPC admins

In my company, it's fallen on me to serve as the admin of our new HPC cluster, a task that's very new to me. It's very important to me to lay a solid foundation and avoid any unnecessary pitfalls. So, can anyone recommend a succinct guide or list of do's-and-don'ts for adiminstering an HPC cluster?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBryan
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

For the Admins, rouge advert(s)...

Hi guys this problem exists on all my machines... Windows 8.1, Ubuntu, iMac and this MBP. All use fireFox, latest current version. If I log in there is NOT a problem. I usually enter this site as an outsider and I have noticed that there is some rouge code and/or advert that slows the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
5 Replies
SESSION_REGISTER(3)							 1						       SESSION_REGISTER(3)

session_register - Register one or more global variables with the current session

SYNOPSIS
bool session_register (mixed $name, [mixed $...]) DESCRIPTION
session_register(3) accepts a variable number of arguments, any of which can be either a string holding the name of a variable or an array consisting of variable names or other arrays. For each name, session_register(3) registers the global variable with that name in the cur- rent session. You can also create a session variable by simply setting the appropriate member of the $_SESSION or $HTTP_SESSION_VARS (PHP < 4.1.0) array. <?php // Use of session_register() is deprecated $barney = "A big purple dinosaur."; session_register("barney"); // Use of $_SESSION is preferred, as of PHP 4.1.0 $_SESSION["zim"] = "An invader from another planet."; // The old way was to use $HTTP_SESSION_VARS $HTTP_SESSION_VARS["spongebob"] = "He's got square pants."; ?> If session_start(3) was not called before this function is called, an implicit call to session_start(3) with no parameters will be made. $_SESSION does not mimic this behavior and requires session_start(3) before use. Warning This function has been DEPRECATED as of PHP 5.3.0 and REMOVED as of PHP 5.4.0. PARAMETERS
o $name - A string holding the name of a variable or an array consisting of variable names or other arrays. o $... - RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Caution If you want your script to work regardless of register_globals, you need to instead use the $_SESSION array as $_SESSION entries are automatically registered. If your script uses session_register(3), it will not work in environments where the PHP directive reg- ister_globals is disabled. Note register_globals: important note As of PHP 4.2.0, the default value for the PHP directive register_globals is off. The PHP community discourages developers from relying on this directive, and encourages the use of other means, such as the superglobals. Caution This registers a global variable. If you want to register a session variable from within a function, you need to make sure to make it global using the global keyword or the $GLOBALS[] array, or use the special session arrays as noted below. Caution If you are using $_SESSION (or $HTTP_SESSION_VARS), do not use session_register(3), session_is_registered(3), and session_unregis- ter(3). Note It is currently impossible to register resource variables in a session. For example, you cannot create a connection to a database and store the connection id as a session variable and expect the connection to still be valid the next time the session is restored. PHP functions that return a resource are identified by having a return type of resource in their function definition. A list of functions that return resources are available in the resource types appendix. If $_SESSION (or $HTTP_SESSION_VARS for PHP 4.0.6 or less) is used, assign values to $_SESSION. For example: $_SESSION['var'] = 'ABC'; SEE ALSO
session_is_registered(3), session_unregister(3), $_SESSION. PHP Documentation Group SESSION_REGISTER(3)