Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Too many arguments
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Too many arguments Post 302963033 by tricampeon81 on Tuesday 22nd of December 2015 02:20:31 PM
Old 12-22-2015
perfect !!!!
works perfect with this was what I needed

Code:
largo=${#linea}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[: too many arguments

Hi Guys I have this small Bash script - but it fails when I'm trying to run it. ./test.sh: && ; then # date >> /writable/sys/shutdown.log shutdown -h "now" exit fi done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tainted2real
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Too many arguments?

I can't find anything wrong with this line of code, it works when there is one file in the directory but more than one i get a "too many arguements2 error if ; then am i missing something? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alendrin
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

too many arguments?

i don't know what's wrong with the code, says too many arguments in the first two if statements. how to change it? thx. the file is like in this format: ;dfs;dfdsf;fsd ff dsf;dfdffdfd; -f2 should be only one word with no space, but could be like this 'n/a', '**ABC' while read line; do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtdt
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi I am getting too many arguments error for the below line if ; then Thx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vls1210
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Too many arguments

echo "the number from 1 to 10:" i=1 while do echo $i i=`expr $i+1' done above is the program i written in Linux O.S using vi editor but i am getting the error that while: line 3: i am not understanding that why i am getting this error. can any body please help me regarding this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsatishbabu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with two arguments to arguments to surch for

Hello, is it possible to give grep two documents to surche for? like grep "test" /home/one.txt AND /home/two.txt ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cybertron
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

: [: too many arguments in for -f in if

Hi Experts , I have following code if ; then mv path /filename newdirpath echo "K* files moved successfully to newdirpath \n" else echo "K* files DID NOT moved successfully to newdirpath \n" fi I am getting "echo "K* files DID NOT moved successfully to newdirpath \n"... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using arguments

I have a SNMP agent that sends three arguments to the script to get a value at the end. The first is the LeafNumber, second is the request type (SET, GET, GETNEXT), and the last is a string that represents some value to be set(used only for set requests). The agent string looks like this: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsoper1
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Too many arguments

hi I have this code a="a b c" set -- $a if ; then echo empty fi why is it line 3 reports "test: [: too many arguments"? :wall: Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

10. Ubuntu

line 5: #!/bin/bash old=$(du -sh /home/andy/Downloads/myfile.iso) while true; do new=$(du -sh /home/andy/Downloads/myfile.iso) if ; then break fi old=$new xdotool getactivewindow key Ctrl sleep 5 done line 5: bash - Meaning of " (square brackets)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
9 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)