Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Missing cout
Top Forums Programming Missing cout Post 302962841 by sea on Saturday 19th of December 2015 03:15:36 AM
Old 12-19-2015
Missing cout

Heyas

Me trying some C.. cout in specific, thats what i remembered:

Code:
#include <stdio.h>
// -- Just the above or with all the below ones, no change 
#include <stdio_ext.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <wchar.h>
//#include <iostream>	// I assume its the same anyway?
//#include <iostream.h> // But since these fail, and cout still is missing, i have no idea
#include <string.h>
#include <strings.h>
#include <stropts.h>
//#include <stream.h>
//#include <io.h>
#include <stdint.h>
#include <stdfix.h>
#include <unistdio.h>
#include <libio.h>
//#include <input.h>
//#include <sdbout.h>
//#include <system.h>
//#include <errors.h>
//#include <options.h>
//#include <filenames.h>
//#include <shout.h>
//#include <system.h>

//#include <regexp.h>
//#include <keyutils.h>

void main(){
	cout "Hello"; 		// Upon inital error msg, recalled this was wrong
	cout << "Hello"; 	// So tried this one
	std::cout << "Hello";	// This one's from a guide but fails too
	std:cout << "Hello";	// didnt see that before, but since above failed because of '::'
}

I've seen the bold include lines associated with it, but it fails:
Code:
0 ~/prjs/c-learnings/1-output $ build-it cout

+ LC_ALL=C
+ gcc -o cout cout.c
cout.c: In function 'main':
cout.c:30:2: error: 'cout' undeclared (first use in this function)
  cout "Hello";   // Upon inital error msg, recalled this was wrong
  ^
cout.c:30:2: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
cout.c:30:7: error: expected ';' before string constant
  cout "Hello";   // Upon inital error msg, recalled this was wrong
       ^
cout.c:32:6: error: expected expression before ':' token
  std::cout << "Hello"; // This one's from a guide but fails too
      ^
cout.c:33:2: error: duplicate label 'std'
  std:cout << "Hello"; // didnt see that before, but since above failed because of '::'
  ^
cout.c:32:2: note: previous definition of 'std' was here
  std::cout << "Hello"; // This one's from a guide but fails too
  ^
+ RET=1
+ '[' 0 -eq 1 ']'
+ set +x

Any ideas, thank you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what am I missing?

I have the following portion of a script Check() { echo "\n\nChecking that all constraints are Enabled" echo "..." sleep 2 CHECK_COUNT='sqlplus -s $1 <<-EOSQL4 set feed off pause off pages 0 head off; set linesize 150 echo off; select count(*) from user_constraints where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zelp
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cout doesn't print everything

Hi all, I implemented a C++ program and successfully compiled and ran on my laptop. However when I copy my code to another machine (school's sun machine), it didn't run properly. I can compile and run, but cout does not print everything. I used cout in a loop where it iterates no more than 20... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
5 Replies

3. Programming

library for cout question

Hi I am running Ubuntu 9.10 and I use QtCreator for my C++ Programms. I knwo that in wondows OS cout is located in iostream.h library. It seems that it isn;t the same library in Qtcrator... :( Anyway, iostream.h doesn't exist and iostream (without the .h) exists but doesn't seem to include the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

4. Programming

"cout = outFile" is not compiled

Hello, Compilation of the line "cout = outFile" throws error "Error: std::ios_base::operator=(const std::ios_base&) is not accessible from std::ios ::operator=(const std::ios &)." outFile is declared as "static ofstream". Thanks, Shafi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

5. Programming

std::cout and gfortran print*, don't output to the screen

I am not sure where to post this other than here. I am trying to figure out why an app gives different output when compiled under Ubuntu 10.10 and CentOS 5.5. I am pretty sure that the issue is that the Cent version has gcc 4.1 installed, while Ubuntu has gcc 4.4. I am trying to print from some... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[: missing `]'

Hi, I am getting this error while running the following code. i=`awk '{print $2}' test1.txt` j=`awk '{print $4}' test1.txt` k=`awk '{print $6}' test1.txt` if ; then echo "Up." else echo "down" fi rm -f test.txt test1.txt error is this: line 12: ' Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

7. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies

9. Programming

Concatenate integer and space/newline for cout in C++

I'm trying to print out integers and space/newline for a nicer output, for example, every 20 integers in a row with ternary operator. In C I could do it with:printf("%d%s",tmp_int, ((j+1)%20) ? "\t":"\n"); but could not figure out the equivalent in C++: cout << ((j+1)%20)?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies
TAU_GET_FUNC_VALS(3)					      TAU Instrumentation API					      TAU_GET_FUNC_VALS(3)

NAME
TAU_GET_FUNC_VALS - Gets detailed performance data for given functions SYNOPSIS
C/C++: TAU_GET_FUNC_VALS(const char **inFuncs, int numOfFuncs, double ***counterExclusiveValues, double ***counterInclusiveValues, int **numOfCalls, int **numOfSubRoutines, const char ***counterNames, int *numOfCounters, int tid); DESCRIPTION
It gets detailed performance data for the list of routines. The user specifies inFuncs and the number of routines; TAU then returns the other arguments with the performance data. counterExclusiveValues and counterInclusiveValues are two dimensional arrays: the first dimension is the routine id and the second is counter id. The value is indexed by these two dimensions. numCalls and numSubrs (or child routines) are one dimensional arrays. EXAMPLE
C/C++ : const char **inFuncs; /* The first dimension is functions, and the second dimension is counters */ double **counterExclusiveValues; double **counterInclusiveValues; int *numOfCalls; int *numOfSubRoutines; const char **counterNames; int numOfCouns; TAU_GET_FUNC_NAMES(functionList, numOfFunctions); /* We are only interested in the first two routines that are executing in this context. So, we allocate space for two routine names and get the performance data for these two routines at runtime. */ if (numOfFunctions >=2 ) { inFuncs = (const char **) malloc(sizeof(const char *) * 2); inFuncs[0] = functionList[0]; inFuncs[1] = functionList[1]; //Just to show consistency. TAU_DB_DUMP(); TAU_GET_FUNC_VALS(inFuncs, 2, counterExclusiveValues, counterInclusiveValues, numOfCalls, numOfSubRoutines, counterNames, numOfCouns); TAU_DUMP_FUNC_VALS_INCR(inFuncs, 2); cout << "@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@" << endl; cout << "The number of counters is: " << numOfCouns << endl; cout << "The first counter is: " << counterNames[0] << endl; cout << "The Exclusive value of: " << inFuncs[0] << " is: " << counterExclusiveValues[0][0] << endl; cout << "The numOfSubRoutines of: " << inFuncs[0] << " is: " << numOfSubRoutines[0] << endl; cout << "The Inclusive value of: " << inFuncs[1] << " is: " << counterInclusiveValues[1][0] << endl; cout << "The numOfCalls of: " << inFuncs[1] << " is: " << numOfCalls[1] << endl; cout << "@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@" << endl; } TAU_DB_DUMP_INCR(); SEE ALSO
TAU_GET_COUNTER_NAMES(3), TAU_GET_FUNC_NAMES(3), TAU_DUMP_FUNC_NAMES(3), TAU_DUMP_FUNC_VALS(3) 08/31/2005 TAU_GET_FUNC_VALS(3)