Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help updating my AIX shell script that uses IBM tape tool. Post 302962226 by Don Cragun on Thursday 10th of December 2015 01:29:54 AM
Old 12-10-2015
If you're trying to use slots 4097 through 4119 approximately the same number of times in a round robin order based on the date (as opposed to keeping track of what had been used the last time your script was called), you could try something like:
Code:
DATE=$(date '+%j')	# Get Julian day of year.
DATE=${DATE#0}		# Strip leading zeros to guarantee decimal (rather
DATE=${DATE#0}		# than octal) evaluation of DATE when computing SLOT.
BASESLOT=4096
SLOT=$((BASESLOT + 1 + ((DATE - 1) % 23)))

Last edited by Don Cragun; 12-10-2015 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: Fix typos: s/{date/{DATE/g
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

updating a column in oracle table using shell script

Hi friends, i am having a variable declared in .profile.i am changing its value in a shell script and then i am connecting to oracle and then from there i am calling a .sql called update.sql STATUS is the variable declared in the .profile =============================== if sqlplus <<END... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
3 Replies

2. AIX

Backup script for Aix without tape mount

Hi, My situation is to write a backup script for AIX server which doesnt have a tape mounted. They have created a folder on windows so that all AIX backup files can be moved to that windows folder where they will put these AIX backup files on a tape. Appreciate help. Regards dsrules. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsrules
7 Replies

3. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in updating the tables inside shell script

I have an input file with contents like : 1LMXTJJD0W28TX2 1LS1XJGDEVWAC5T 1LK81JVDE2HRNDG 1LMXTJJD0W28TX2 1LS1XJGDEVWAC5T 1LK81JVDE2HRNDG 1LMXTJJD0W28TX2 I need to read each field from the file pass it to a query: select count(*) from usage_error where usage_id='$field... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
17 Replies

5. AIX

Ejecting tape on AIX & Some Tape commands

I am trying to use this command to eject the tape mt -f /dev/rmt/0 unload but it gives me error mt -f /dev/rmt/0 unload mt: 0511-575 unload is not a recognized subcommand. Usage: mt Subcommand Valid subcommands are: weof eof fsf bsf ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want a script to view the complete log information of data stage job from UNIX IBM AIX.

Hi, I am working on data stage 8.7 version and I want a script a to view the all log information of the data stage job from UNIX environment. Can you please help me out by give the script. Thanks in advance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script executed from Informatica ETL tool is spawning 2 processes for one script

Hi, I am having a shell script which has a while loop as shown below. while do sleep 60 done I am executing this script from Informatica ETL tool command task from where we can execute UNIX commands/scripts. When i do that, i am seeing 2 processes getting started for one script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
2 Replies

8. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help updating my AIX shell script that uses IBM tape tool.

I have a shell script that interfaces with our tape library using IBM's Tape Diagnostic tool called "itdt". The script does some basic stuff, it queries the tape library, loads tape to/from drive; it knows which inventory slot to pick the tape from based on SLOT=$(($BASESLOT + $TODAY)). The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmonk1
1 Replies
ACCOUNTING(1)							      SMPPPD							     ACCOUNTING(1)

NAME
accounting - calculates statistics about your internet connections DESCRIPTION
accounting is a simple program to calculate statistics about your internet dial-up connections that are started and stopped by either ifup and ifdown or by a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet. OPTIONS
These options are recognized by accounting. If a long option shows an argument as mandatory, then it is mandatory for the equivalent short option also. -l, --last=NUM Only consider the last NUM connections. -a, --after=DATE Only consider connections started after DATE. DATE is a date with optional time in ISO 8601 format, e.g. `2002-12-24 20:15:00'. Note that a date without time is treated as if the time is 00:00:00. Hence connections started on the specified date are consid- ered. -b, --before=DATE Only consider connections started before DATE. -u, --user=USER Only consider connections started by user USER. --this-year Only consider connections started this year. --last-year Only consider connections started last year. --this-month Only consider connections started this month. --last-month Only consider connections started last month. --this-week Only consider connections started this week. --last-week Only consider connections started last week. --today Only consider connections started today. --yesterday Only consider connections started yesterday. --per-year Show summaries on a per year basis. --per-month Show summaries on a per month basis. --per-week Show summaries on a per week basis. --per-day Show summaries on a per day basis. -c, --connections Only list the connections but do not show provider statistics. -p, --providers Do not list the connections only show the provider statistics. --connection-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the connection list. The names must be separated by a comma. Known column names are time, type, provider, user, status, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, averx, avetx and averxtx. Each name may be appended by a colon and a number indicating the width for the column, e.g. provider:25. The value will not be truncated if the width is too small. --provider-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the provider list equivalent to the --connection-format option. Known column names are provider, number, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, aveduration, averx, avetx and averxtx. --local Display all dates in local time. Also interpret dates on the command line in local time. This is the default. --utc Display all dates in UTC. Also interpret dates on the command line in UTC. --script[=STYLE] Format output for script. Known styles are c and sh. -f, --file=NAME Use a different file with accounting information. --report-errors Report erros in the accounting file. --version Show program version and exit. --help Show help information and exit. NOTES
All informations are only obtained through the accounting log. Hence the informations, esp. the data volume, of currently active connec- tions is not accurate. If you want the know the status of a connection, use ifstatus or a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet instead. The user field is empty for connections started by a remote frontend of smpppd. BUGS
Not yet implemented for ISDN (ippp). FILES
/var/log/smpppd/accounting.log File containing accounting information. SEE ALSO
kinternet, qinternet, cinternet(1), smpppd(8), smpppd-ifcfg(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE December 2002 ACCOUNTING(1)