Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Power8 S812L:HMC issue and ... Post 302961848 by lilyn on Friday 4th of December 2015 06:06:51 PM
Old 12-04-2015
bakunin: We do not run AIX on this server. We are trying to install RedHat Linux Enterprise server 7 on this server.

it has 2 disks on the server. Is there a way to check if the server recognize the disks at boot time or something? (sorry, no clue about IBM servers)

do I need to partition it first? If does, please hint me how?
Never done it before. Thanks.

=====
I am trying to use IBM Installation Toolkit, got the same error msg "No disks found on the current system"

IBM Installation Toolkit for PowerLinux

Installation settings for the target system [Show instructions]

[X] BRLIW1004E - No disks found on current system.
Settings

Linux distribution [Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (Update 6)]
Installation profile [Default ] [More info]
Disk partitioning [No disks]
Use driver disk [Yes]

Navigation [Quit] [Prev] [Next]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Hmc

Well i am right now working on an IBM P550 risc server with an HMC connected.. The server has 2 logical partitions (Lpar). both lpar is having Aix 5.3 installed. Now I have a doubt.. is it possible to have Aix in one lpar and windows 2003 in another.. cheers Bala (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
4 Replies

2. AIX

Hmc

Hello everybody, had a question. Iam having a p650 box here, System Model: IBM,7038-6M2 Machine Serial Number: 1078DCC managed system - 1 which has 2 lpars on it i added memory to the box(made sure that memory added was in proper quads and was verified by a CE) after i rebooted the box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
4 Replies

3. AIX

CDROM Issue on LPAR HMC VIO

Whenever I assign/unassign a CDROM ( RAID CTRL ) to Active LPAR from HMC, I have to reboot the LPAR. How can I do it without rebooting the LPARS. POWER6 with HMC LPARS = AIX 6.1 Any info developerWorks : AIX and UNIX : PowerVM Forum : Moving CD-ROM/DVD-ROM dynamically ... But... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies

4. AIX

AIX and HMC installation issue

I started the AIX install with a fiber channel disk, and let it run: restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp. . . . . . << End of copyright notice for perfagent.tools >>. . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gideon1a
2 Replies

5. AIX

HMC Commands

Hello All, Can anybody knows a command, what I can check the processes in the HMC restricted shell? :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalaso
1 Replies

6. AIX

[TIP] Migration to POWER8

Read "Migration to POWER8" article to get prepared for migration to POWER8: link removed, advertisement (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pave01
0 Replies

7. AIX

New IBM Power8 (S822) and StorWiz V3700 SAN, best practices for production setup/config?

Hello, Got a IBM Power8 box (S822) that I am configuring for replacement of our existing IBM machine. Wanted to touch base with the expert community here to ensure I don't miss anything critical in my setup/config of AIX. Did a fresh AIX 7.1 install on the internal scsi hdisk, mirror'ed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

8. AIX

StorWize v3700 and Power8 (S822) AIX, configuration best practice for LUNs?

Hello, We have an Power8 System (S822) and a IBM StorWize v3700 SAN. The OS is AIX 7.1. With this hardware from what I read I need to download/install special SDDPCM drivers, so I did (SDDPCM VERSION 2.6.6.0 (devices.sddpcm.71.rte). I carved my volumes in the StorWize and presented to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

9. AIX

HMC in VmWare NIC sl0 issue.

Hi There, First of all I'm new to *nix world, so bear with me and English is not my native tongue :) Now I'm working on the HMC 7.3.3.0 ServPack:0 base_version:20080402.1 to make it work in VmWare (testing in Workstation) I've got HMC installed and realized that network options in GUI... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JKat
8 Replies

10. AIX

IBM Power Linux Cluster Fence device on Power8 Platform

wasn't quite sure which forum to post in. What typical fence device to configure for a Power Linux PaceMaker Cluster running on the Power8 Platform (S822 Model of hardware), or what should be ordered with the S822 for use as a Fence Device? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
GNOME-DISKS(1)							gnome-disk-utility						    GNOME-DISKS(1)

NAME
gnome-disks - the GNOME Disks application SYNOPSIS
gnome-disks [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
gnome-disks is the command to launch the GNOME Disks application. Disks provides a way to inspect, format, partition and configure disks and block devices. The Disks application is single-instance. What this means is that if the application is not already running when the gnome-disks command is invoked, it will get launched and the command invocation will block until the application exits. Otherwise the existing application instance will be used and the gnome-disks command will exit immediately. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --block-device DEVICE Switches to the Disks application and selects the block device given by DEVICE (for example, /dev/sda). --block-device DEVICE --format-device [--xid WINDOW-ID] Shows the "Format Volume" dialog for the block device given by DEVICE (for example, /dev/sdb1). If WINDOW-ID is given, makes the dialog transient to the given XID. --help Prints a short help text and exits. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <zeuthen@gmail.com> with a lot of help from many others. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution bug tracker or the upstream bug tracker at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gnome-disk-utility. SEE ALSO
gnome-disk-image-mounter(1), udisks(8) GNOME
March 2013 GNOME-DISKS(1)