Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 error "-sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create" Post 302961829 by feroccimx on Friday 4th of December 2015 09:38:22 AM
Old 12-04-2015
Solaris 10 error "-sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create"

Hello,

Each time a user log on to host, they receive below error:

Code:
-sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create

Example:

Code:
$ ssh host
user@host's password:
Last login: Fri Dec  4 08:17:28 2015 from client.ref

|-----------------------------------------------------------------|

-sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create
$

Verified & file exists:

Code:
# ls -ltrh /tmp/outfile
-rw-r--r--   1 orasrp   dba         1.4M Dec  4 08:22 /tmp/outfile
#
# file /tmp/outfile
/tmp/outfile:   ascii text
#
# fuser /tmp/outfile
/tmp/outfile:
#
# head /tmp/outfile
14-11-15 , 01:15 ,  ,
14-11-15 , 01:16 ,  ,
14-11-15 , 01:16 ,  ,
14-11-15 , 01:17 ,  ,
14-11-15 , 01:17 ,  ,
14-11-15 , 01:18 ,  ,
14-11-15 , 01:18 ,  ,
#

Server details are:

Code:
M4000

# uname -a
SunOS host 5.10 Generic_142909-17 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise
#
# cat /etc/release
                      Solaris 10 10/09 s10s_u8wos_08a SPARC
           Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                           Assembled 16 September 2009
#

Please your assistance to get rid of error.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting "mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object" error msg

Hi, i am working in C in Fedora Eclipse 3.3.0 with gdb debugger. I am geting segmentation fault with an error message "mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object" on debugging the program. What should I do to solve this problem? rgds, Dona_m (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dona_m
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for delete tmp files older than 15 days and owned by "xxx" id

Hi All , I want to delete files from /tmp directory created by "xxxx" id. because i got the list says more than 60 thousand files were created by "xxxx" id since 2002. The /tmp directory has lot of files created by different user ids like root,system etc.. But, i need a script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vparunkumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to create any file name start with "-" hyphen in Solaris

Hi All, I am not able to create any file name start with "-" hyphen. Any logical issue with these types of files creation in Solaris. ============================== bash-3.00$ touch -file.txt touch: illegal option -- i usage: touch file... touch ] file... touch ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Programming

"cout = outFile" is not compiled

Hello, Compilation of the line "cout = outFile" throws error "Error: std::ios_base::operator=(const std::ios_base&) is not accessible from std::ios ::operator=(const std::ios &)." outFile is declared as "static ofstream". Thanks, Shafi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

6. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

7. Solaris

Printer configuration Migration from Solaris 10 "LP" to Solaris 11 "CUPS"

Need to find a way to import an LP printers.conf file to CUPS. I have some new Solaris 11.1 boxes that need to have 300 printers added. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

8. Solaris

ZFS flash install "Unable to create Filesystem error"

Hi, I am trying to get an HPz420 workstation instaled (zfs root pool) via a jump-start server. I have a zfs image (from this workstation) the Solaris release is 10 1/13 update 11. I use a sparc U25 install server, upgraded to the same solaris build 10 1/13. This server is configured to install... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc0rpie
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with rsync: failed to set times on "/tmp/.": Not owner (1)

Hi, Here is my source host and folder details. $ hostname source-host $ id uid=600000208(src-user) gid=64688(src-user) groups=64688(src-user) $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/ drwxrwxrwx 3 src-user src-user 4096 Feb 7 15:27 /web/Trn_File/data/ $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/* drwxrwxrwx 8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
MAKE_SOCKSFC(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKE_SOCKSFC(8)

NAME
make_socksfc - Generates frozen configuratyion file for SOCKS clients SYNOPSIS
make_socksfc [infile [outfile] ] DESCRIPTION
make_socksfc reads in a plain-text configuration file for the SOCKS clients and produces a frozen configuration file as the output. Both arguments are optional. The default for infile is /etc/socks.conf; the default for outfile is /etc/socks.fc. You may specify infile while omitting outfile, but you cannot specify outfile without also speficying infile. The contents of the frozen configuration file is essentially the memory image of the parsed input file. Using the frozen configuration file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS client programs since they no longer have to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS client starts, it always looks for the frozen configuration file /etc/socks.fc first . If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text configuration file /etc/socks.conf. If you use frozen configuration, you must remember to run make_socksfc every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS clients will continue to use the frozen file of a previous configuration. To find out the contents of a frozen configuration file, use dump_socksfc. FILES
/etc/socks.fc, /etc/socks.conf SEE ALSO
dump_socksfc(8), socks.conf(5), socks.fc(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@esd.sgi.com or yingda@best.com May 6, 1996 MAKE_SOCKSFC(8)