Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SORRY REPOST - unable to remove Post 302961535 by Don Cragun on Monday 30th of November 2015 09:40:49 PM
Old 11-30-2015
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Duplicate thread closed.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repost-Korn Shell Scripting

Hi, being very new to Korn Shell Scripting I am hoping that someone here can help me. I want to compare file name in scp/inbox directory to file name stored inside a file in pnt/compare directory. Hi, being very new to Korn Shell Scripting I am hoping that someone here can help me. I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanie123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a repost as a Excel file...?

Hi All, Have a file in solairs and want to send it as a Excel file...! Yes i getting it as .csv file...! but it's not looking gud.. how i can add colos into it..? Generate report in Excel, with color and it should look good..! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bullz26
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to remove folder in linux

Hi I am using red hat linux, In my folder a strange folder is created i.e. " -a " , folder name is preceded with hyphen. Now if i try to remove with rm -rf -1 , i am unable to do it. Can anyone please let me know how to do it, & what this kind of folder means Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

4. AIX

Unable to remove files from rm command

I need to delete some files which are not getting removed not even from root user -rw-r----- 1 ptml tellin 0 Jul 26 19:23 temp.out1 -rw-r----- 1 ptml tellin 0 Jul 26 19:23 temp.out -rw-r----- 1 ptml tellin 2 Jul 26 19:23 prev -rw-r----- 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_usmanayub
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to remove links of Cleared metas

Hi, have few meta devices which were cleared some year ago but still appear in /dev/md/rdsk. If I create a same meta device again, it shows old timestamp of 2009yr I tried devfsadm -C to clear unlinked links but of no use. What am I missing ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxian
2 Replies

6. AIX

Unable to remove APAR -- any solution ?

Hello I would like to remove the APARs # instfix -ivk IY68989 IY68989 Abstract: write to mmapped space hangs Fileset bos.mp:5.3.0.30 is applied on the system. Fileset bos.mp64:5.3.0.30 is applied on the system. All filesets for IY68989 were found. # instfix -ivk IY73497 IY73497... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to remove package in Solaris-10

I am installing a IBM package (ILMT) on Solaris-10 box, which is having few non global zones. It is not allowing me to remove old package and not allowing me to install new one. root@pqdb_s50:/root# pkgrm ILMT-TAD4D-agent ## Waiting for up to <300> seconds for package administration commands to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
18 Replies

8. AIX

Unable to remove VIOS disk

Hello, I am unable to remove the disk, whenever i remove the disk using rmdev -dl hdisk2 or rmdev -Rdl hdisk2 the disk appears back when i run cfgmgr but unable to create any volume group on it # mkvg -y foovg hdisk2 0516-008 /usr/sbin/mkvg: LVM system call returned an unknown ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
20 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)