Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with missing XML tag
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with missing XML tag Post 302961528 by VasuKukkapalli on Monday 30th of November 2015 05:35:27 PM
Old 11-30-2015
Help with missing XML tag

Hello All,

I am struggling with many huge XML files with lots of Account details including at least one Membership tag, in that Membership tag one xml tag was missed that is MembershipIdentifier:
(There are many Account tags with at least one Membership tag are there in each file)

Code:
 <Account>
    <AccountIdentifier>23123</AccountIdentifier>
    <ModificationDate>2015-11-26T13:01:22-07:00</ModificationDate>
    <MembershipInfos>
      <Membership>
        <ParticipationStatus>1</ParticipationStatus>
        <EnrollmentDate>2015-11-26T13:01:22-07:00</EnrollmentDate>
        <MembershipIdentifier>PB00000000212799753</MembershipIdentifier>
      </Membership>
      <Aliases>
      </Aliases>
    </MembershipInfos>
  </Account>
  <Account>

but some how MembershipIdentifier tag is compleatly missing. After missing its look like below:

Code:
 <Account>
    <AccountIdentifier>23123</AccountIdentifier>
    <MembershipInfos>
      <Membership>
        <ParticipationStatus>1</ParticipationStatus>
        <EnrollmentDate>2015-11-26T13:01:22-07:00</EnrollmentDate>
      </Membership>
      <Aliases>
      </Aliases>
    </MembershipInfos>
  </Account>
  <Account>

How can i find which AccountIdentifier missed MembershipIdentifier and if possible i need to replace with default MembershipIdentifier like PB00000000123456

So far i have tried with this for finding missed MembershipIdentifiers, but it didn't work:

Code:
awk '{if ($0 ~ /<//EnrollmentDate>/) {triggered=1;}if (triggered) {print; if ($0 ~ /<//Membership>/) { exit;}}}' filenames

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by VasuKukkapalli; 11-30-2015 at 07:06 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get xml tag..

Sorry to trouble you guys again.....but i encounter this problem: My textfile contains this: 2006-01-12 01:12:08,290 INFO - The XML message **************<PM_ARRIVAL xmlns:xsi= "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchemainstance"><system_c>GMS</system_c><trans_c>ARLC</trans_c></<PM_ARRIVAL> 2006-01-12... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML tag replacement from different XML file

We have 2 XML file 1. ORIGINAL.xml file and 2. ATTRIBUTE.xml files, In the ORIGINAL.xml we need some modification as <resourceCode>431048</resourceCode>under <item type="Manufactured"> tag - we need to grab the 431048 value from tag and pass it to database table in unix shell script to find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve the value from XML tag whose end tag is in next line

Hi All, Find the following code: <Universal>D38x82j1JJ </Universal> I want to retrieve the value of <Universal> tag as below: Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parse between to tag with upper tag

Hi Guys Here is my Input : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xn:MeContext id="01736"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="01736"> <xn:attributes> <xn:vsDataType>vsDataMeContext</xn:vsDataType> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace XML TAG

As per the requirement I need to replace XML tag with old to new on one of the XML file. Old<com : DEM>PHI</com : DEM> New<com : DEM>PHM</com : DEM> Please someone provide the sed command to replace above mentioned old XML tag with new XML tag (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva83
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in adding missing tag in php pages

hi, I am still a newbie on ssh but trying hard. my friends website was hit by some virus which included a long encrypted malware code on each and every php file she had. I was able to use sed command via ssh to remove the malware codes but now most pages don't have a opening <?php tag. i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: netatma
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies
M_TAG(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						  M_TAG(9)

NAME
m_tag, m_tag_get, m_tag_free, m_tag_prepend, m_tag_unlink, m_tag_delete, m_tag_delete_chain, m_tag_delete_nonpersistent, m_tag_find, m_tag_copy, m_tag_copy_chain, m_tag_init, m_tag_first, m_tag_next -- mbuf tagging interfaces SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/mbuf.h> struct m_tag * m_tag_get(int type, int len, int wait); void m_tag_free(struct m_tag *t); void m_tag_prepend(struct mbuf *m, struct m_tag *t); void m_tag_unlink(struct mbuf *m, struct m_tag *t); void m_tag_delete(struct mbuf *m, struct m_tag *t); void m_tag_delete_chain(struct mbuf *m, struct m_tag *t); void m_tag_delete_nonpersistent(struct mbuf *); struct m_tag * m_tag_find(struct mbuf *m, int type, struct m_tag *t); struct m_tag * m_tag_copy(struct m_tag *m); int m_tag_copy_chain(struct mbuf *to, struct mbuf *from); void m_tag_init(struct mbuf *m); struct m_tag * m_tag_first(struct mbuf *m); struct m_tag * m_tag_next(struct mbuf *m, struct m_tag *t); DESCRIPTION
The m_tag interface is used to ``tag'' mbufs. FUNCTIONS
m_tag_get(type, len, wait) Allocate an mbuf tag. type is one of the PACKET_TAG_ macros. len is the size of the data associated with the tag, in bytes. wait is either M_WAITOK or M_NOWAIT. m_tag_free(t) Free the mbuf tag t. m_tag_prepend(m, t) Prepend the mbuf tag t to the mbuf m. t will become the first tag of the mbuf m. When m is freed, t will also be freed. m_tag_unlink(m, t) Unlink the mbuf tag t from the mbuf m. m_tag_delete(m, t) The same as m_tag_unlink() followed by m_tag_free(). m_tag_delete_chain(m, t) Unlink and free mbuf tags beginning with the mbuf tag t from the mbuf m. If t is NULL, m_tag_delete_chain() unlinks and frees all mbuf tags associated with the mbuf m. m_tag_delete_nonpersistent(m) Unlink and free all non persistent tags associated with the mbuf m. m_tag_find(m, type, t) Find an mbuf tag with type type after the mbuf tag t in the tag chain associated with the mbuf m. If t is NULL, search from the first mbuf tag. If an mbuf tag is found, return a pointer to it. Otherwise return NULL. m_tag_copy(t) Copy an mbuf tag t. Return a new mbuf tag on success. Otherwise return NULL. m_tag_copy_chain(to, from) Copy all mbuf tags associated with the mbuf from to the mbuf to. If to already has any mbuf tags, they will be unlinked and freed beforehand. Return 1 on success. Otherwise return 0. m_tag_init(m) Initialize mbuf tag chain of the mbuf m. m_tag_first(m) Return the first mbuf tag associated with the mbuf m. Return NULL if no mbuf tags are found. m_tag_next(m, t) Return the next mbuf tag after t associated with the mbuf m. Return NULL if t is the last tag in the chain. CODE REFERENCES
The mbuf tagging interfaces are implemented within the file sys/kern/uipc_mbuf2.c. The PACKET_TAG_ macros are defined in the file sys/sys/mbuf.h. SEE ALSO
intro(9), malloc(9), mbuf(9) BUGS
The semantics of the term "persistent tag" are vague. BSD
September 7, 2004 BSD