Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Backup script with selective file types only Post 302961169 by sea on Tuesday 24th of November 2015 05:34:24 PM
Old 11-24-2015
Try either:
Code:
find | grep \.php$
find ./ -name *.php

PS: If you want more, provide more (effort/script).

hth

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Using `tar` for a selective backup.

Hi all & anyone. I'm trying to selectively backup up some old Apache log files before they are removed from the system (Slackware box). Have created a file listing of what I want backed up ...Below is a portion of the file ./selectedbkup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup types

can anyone explain me difference between tar and ufsdump commands.............and also i wd like to know the difference between incremental and differential backup......... thx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script backup a file ?

could you please find a solution for this script that backup a file. The file name to backup should be provided as input parameter, the backup file should have the same file name with the extension ".bak". If the user provides no input parameter, the script should display an error message. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anything
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk script selective insert between lines

Hi I have a file in the foll. format *RECORD* *FIELD NO* ....... ....... *FIELD TX* Data *FIELD AV* Data *FIELD RF* *RECORD* *FIELD NO* ....... ....... *FIELD TX* Data *FIELD RF* (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunstonrocks
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating file restoration script from a backup script.

Hi all i am struggling in creating a restore of env files while doing applications clone. the first file i created for copying the important configurations file which is running perfect now for reverting the changes i mean when i am restoring these files to its original places i have to do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective Output for my Script

Hey everyone, I have a very simple BASH shell script that simply checks what processes I have running on a few different nodes, which are preknown. Currently, my script spews out all the processes on all the nodes, but I'm really only interested in one process per node. The processes I am ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stuart Ness
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to find file types and info

I'm looking for a way to inventory files on a webserver into a CSV file, and am particularly interested in certain types of files, like .php, .cgi, .pl, .py, .sh, etc. but also want the ability to find all files, including those with no extension, or specified extensions, as above, including files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
1 Replies
file-roller(1)							   User Commands						    file-roller(1)

NAME
file-roller - create, view, modify, or unpack an archive SYNOPSIS
file-roller [--add] [--add-to=archive] [--default-dir=folder] [--extract] [--extract-here] [--extract-to=folder] [--force] [gnome-std- options] DESCRIPTION
The File Roller application enables you to create, view, modify, or unpack an archive. An archive is a file that acts as a container for other files. An archive can contain many files, folders, and subfolders, usually in compressed form. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d, --add Ask for the name of the archive, then add the files, then quit the application. -a, --add-to=archive Add files to the specified archive, then quit the application. --default-dir=folder Specify the default folder for the --add and --extract options. -f, --extract Ask for the name of the destination folder, then extract the files, then quit the application. -h, --extract-here Extract archives using the archive name as destination folder and quit the program. -e, --extract-to=folder Extract archives to the specified folder, then quit the application. --force Create the destination folder without asking for confirmation. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more infor- mation. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Unpacking an Archive example% file-roller --extract archive EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/file-roller Executable for File Roller application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNW | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
File Roller Manual ar(1), tar(1), unzip(1), zip(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Laszlo Kovacs, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004, 2007. SunOS 5.11 08 Nov 2007 file-roller(1)