Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete all instances of a particular file in that month Post 302961004 by RudiC on Monday 23rd of November 2015 04:15:20 AM
Old 11-23-2015
Any attempts from your side? Where are you stuck?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files one day old in current month only

i want to delete files that are one day old condition is files should be of current month only ie if iam running script on 1 march it should not delete files of 28 feb(29 if leap year :-)} any modifications to find $DIR -type f -atime +1 -exec rm -f{}\; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple file instances

I am capturing text based reports with a specific program, which works no problem. However, since I send report warehouse output as they are migrated from the database software, on occasion when two capture process' initiate simultaneously, the capture file locks up. Is there a way to setup (in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gozer13
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete filename with month -2

KSH - I've got a script that is generating a number of log files like this: y=`date +"%y"` m=`date +"%m"` $LOG_DIR/tuscprof_tbl_$y$m.log I only want to keep the current 2 months' worth of files (current month and prior month). So I'm trying to come up with a way to delete any that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dstinsman
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all instances of an IP address in a log file.

I know this should be simple but the periods in the string replacement are throwing me off. What I want to do is replace 1.1.1.1 in my access.log file with 2.2.2.2 I have tried using 'tr' but its being thrown off by the periods and replacing all sorts of stuff in the file. What do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all instances of duplicate records from the file

Hi experts, I am new to scripting. I have a requirement as below. File1: A|123|NAME1 A|123|NAME2 B|123|NAME3 File2: C|123|NAME4 C|123|NAME5 D|123|NAME6 1) I have 2 merge both the files. 2) need to do a sort ( key fields are first and second field) 3) remove all the instances... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select only the most frequent instances of a variable string in a file?

I've got a web access file that I want to grep (or awk or perl or whatever will work!) out the most frequent instances of unique IP entries. Meaning the file looks something like this: I'd like to run a sort or grep (or whatever) that will only select out the lines from IP's that had the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinmccallum
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting all instances of a certain character from a text file

In my command prompt I did: sed 's/\://' mytextfile > newtextfile But it only deleted the first instance of : in each line when some lines have multiple : appearing in each one. How can I delete all the : from the entire file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicate data and pertain the latest month data.

Hi I have a file with following records It contains three months of data, some data is duplicated,i need to access the latest data from the duplicate ones. for e.g; i have foll data "200","0","","11722","-63","","","","11722","JUL","09" "200","0","","11722","-63","","","","11722","JUL","09"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing all instances in a file

Hi I have some script like this: perl -i -p0e 's/"keyword1-.*?"/"keyword2"/s' file to replace some keyword, but it replaces only the first instance of the keyword how can i get it to replace all instances? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Hadoop directories delete older than a month

-bash-4.1$ hdfs dfs -ls -R /data/backup/prd/xyz/ | grep '^d' drwxr-xr-x - abisox abadmgrp 0 2018-05-05 01:03 /data/backup/prd/xyz/20180301 drwxr-xr-x - abisox abadmgrp 0 2018-05-05 01:03 /data/backup/prd/xyz/20180302 drwxr-xr-x - abisox abadmgrp 0 2018-05-05 01:03... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshupant
2 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-COPY(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-COPY(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-copy - Copy an ECaccess File SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-copy -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-copy [-debug] [-erase] source-ecaccess-file target-ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Copy the source-ecaccess-file to the target-ecaccess-file. The source-ecaccess-file and target-ecaccess-file are in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
source-ecaccess-file The source ECaccess File name for the copy. target-ecaccess-file the target ECaccess File name for the copy. OPTIONS
-erase Delete the source file once the copy has completed successfully. By default the source file is not deleted. -version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-copy ec:bin/a.out c1a:/c1a/tmp/systems/xyz/a.out Copy the a.out File in the ECFS bin directory of the authenticated user to the "/c1a/tmp/systems/xyz" directory on c1a. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- chmod, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-move, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-COPY(1p)