Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab compressed version
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crontab compressed version Post 302960690 by RudiC on Wednesday 18th of November 2015 01:46:06 PM
Old 11-18-2015
You're almost there. Why don't you schedule it five minutes from now, give it a small subset to work on, and check the results. Then do some fine tuning...

Last edited by RudiC; 11-19-2015 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: "Then" wasn't right.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file compressed or not

Is there a way I can check if a file is comppressed or not? (Be it tar/gzip or compress). trying to write a generic housekeeping scrit that will delete files over 6 months old and compress any uncompressed files if less than 6 months old. But not sure if there is a clever way to check except for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badg3r
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting Compressed Fields

Are any of you guys aware of any problems when trying to sort compressed fields? Why I uncompress the file I am trying to sort, I have no problem sorting but when I try to sort compressed fields it doesnt work properly. I need to be able to sort these compressed fields. Any explanation why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ndoggy020
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compressed file

I compressed a file by using gzip command gzip <<xx>> filename changed to xx.gz How to view this xx.gz file. Any idea. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ucompress the compressed data

Hi, I have a file that has got compressed data. I would want to uncompress the packed decimal data(not the file). is there a way to do that in ksh? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process a compressed file

Hi i have a filename.tar.bz2 and i have to parse it with a tool that doesn't support compressed files. I have to do it for many big files, so i can't decompress and then process. I'd like to do something like: tar -jxvf namefile.tar.bz2 | parsing_tool i mean analyze it directly,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scan compressed

Hello all I want to help I have some compressed files on the system When you want to unzip these files Delete any file which symlink "ln -s" {{ I need script is necessary Script contain: Any operation to decompress the system is doing to delete any symlink... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-zer0
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compressed file

i have a file 4d7a94d0.bbb.1292 when i do file 4d7a94d0.bbb.1292 the ouput is below 4d7a94d0.bbb.1292: gzip compressed data - deflate method and i run this command gunzip -c 4d7a94d0.bbb.1292 | awk '{gsub("\"","")}/I_ACCOUNT_ID/{print $2}' RS=":|;" FS="," i get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzinga80
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of compressed program

I need UNIX scripts for polling, Uncompressing files and moving files between directory. Also trying to save file paths and any other variables in an independent file (.env) and use these at runtime by executing this file in the main script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2script
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version

How to copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version automatically. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size of compressed file

Hi All, Is there is any way to find the size of compressed file without doing decompression. The size should give the original uncompressed data size Thanks Arun (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies
loratune(1M)															      loratune(1M)

NAME
loratune - initiate LORA tuneup to improve alignment of processing resources SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command improves the performance of an HP-UX system in LORA (Locality-Optimizated Resource Alignment) mode, by triggering the kernel to do optimization tuning of the system and application memory. The command may return before the tuning is complete. This tuning can continue in the background for several minutes after the command returns. If the command is interrupted, or the command process is otherwise terminated, no subsequent tuning operations will be initiated, but those in progress will continue until completion. When no options are specified, all locality domains are tuned. Options This option limits the tuning to the locality domain specified by lid. Application Usage In Locality-Optimized Resource Alignment (LORA) mode, performance of applications may improve when their processors and the memory that they use are aligned in the same locality. The HP-UX kernel attempts to maintain such alignment at all times, but it is possible for mis- alignment to occur when the system workload transitions significantly. If that happens, the command can be used to reestablish alignment and improve application performance. Here are some examples of workload transition events that may cause misalignment of processing resources: o Starting or terminating an application that consumes a large amount of processor or memory resources. o The workload demand surges far above the normal level and then recedes. o Dynamic platform operations that add or subtract processor or memory resources from the operating system's control. If one of those events has occurred, and application performance is not as high as it can be, then it is appropriate to invoke the command. RETURN VALUES
The command returns a 0 when successful, and a non-zero value when unsuccessful. ERRORS
The command will not initiate any tuning and will return a non-zero value if the user does not have appropriate privilege. WARNINGS
The command can consume a significant amount of system processing resources to restore optimal alignment. Ideally, the command should be invoked prior to the time when performance is critical, not during the time when performance is critical. The command should be invoked after the workload transition is complete, not during workload transition. Although tuning can continue in the background for several min- utes, it is not necessary to wait any more than five minutes between invoking the command and launching new applications. EXAMPLES
If eight instances of SAP were running in localities with locality domain identifiers 4 and 5, and four of those instances were shut down, then it would be appropriate to tuneup the remaining four instances. An example command would be: If an HP-UX system in LORA mode had one of its cells deactivated, then it would be appropriate to tuneup the entire system. An example command would be: AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
mpsched(1), numa_policy(5), lora(7). Itanium(R)-based Systems Only loratune(1M)