Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab 2>&1 not emailing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab 2>&1 not emailing Post 302960606 by Kibou on Tuesday 17th of November 2015 02:18:49 PM
Old 11-17-2015
I see what he means. I got confused with emailing inside the script and emailing outside the script. Thanks Aia.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ssh & crontab bug

Does any one knows a work around for the crontab bug when connecting using ssh to a Solaris 8 system? When you submit a crontab job through a ssh session, the job will not be executed, SunSolve has reported no fixing patches? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Negm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring & emailing log files

Hi ..first post ! I have a Unix v445 using solaris 10. I've trolled through various web pages but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I have an alert log...or any messages file for that matter I need to check for certain key (error type) phrases - if I find them, they are redirected to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidra
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script not emailing or running

Hi, I am having trouble with this script. It is suppose to send me an email when the specified tablespace is 60% full. I run it but nothing happens FREESPACELOG=/home/oracle/scripts/bin/free_space/freespace.sql email=bob@bob.edu subject="PROD: Tablespace Free Space" cmd="mailx -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaseeb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

emailing as body of email

hi all, how do i email a file in the body of an email rather than as an attachment ?? have a ksh script which i need to read a file and email as part of the body rather than an attachment. my code is : uuencode file.log | mailx -s "test" but this sends file as an attachment. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab & var/spool/mai

Hi there, I'm using crontab to move some files every minute, but when crontab doesn't find these files it sends a message to the file "user_name" in the directory "var/spool/mail". Is it possible to "bypass" this problem? Thanks in advance, Giordano Bruno (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
1 Replies

6. Fedora

Crontab & MAILTO

Hi there, I'm working with two servers, one with FEDORA 6 and the other one with FEDORA 7, and if I put these lines in crontab: MAILTO=MYADDRESS@mail.com */1 * * * * df -h everything works fine on FEDORA 7 , while it doesn't work on6?!?...and I find this message in the log file: MAIL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the purpose of 2 >&1 in crontab?

while we editing the cron at the end of the cron what is the purpose of giving 2 >&1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Crontab & TOP output

Hello Guru's I'm trying to take the output of solaris top command and output to a txt file every few minutes. The issue that I'm experiencing is that I can run the following: #!/bin/bash # logfile="/usr/mvf/morris/top.log" # echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlemorris
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission on crontab & mysql

HI, I am using centos 6 and finding difficultly in doing 2 below things. 1. i have a user praveen i want to allow him to create cron job of his own. so i have added his user id in cron.allow but still it is not allowing him to edit(even if i have created praveen from root user) or create his... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar198
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on conditional emailing

Hi All, The following databse table maintains VENDOR and EMAIL details. VENOR_NAME VENDOR_EMAIL DELL surendra@dell.com HP rajkamal@hp.com ACER sumathi@acer.com NOKIA kunal@nokia.com SONY sinu@sony.com We have to find emaild id of a vendor based... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
7 Replies
build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)				      General Commands Manual					 build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)

NAME
build-lives-rfx-plugin - builds rendered effects for LiVES SYNOPSIS
build-lives-rfx-plugin script_name [plugin_dir] -get section file DESCRIPTION
This perl script is used by LiVES to compile an RFX (rendered effect) plugin for LiVES. It is generally called from build-lives-rfx-plugin- multi for a script which has a language code representing LiVES-perl. The script_name must be the full (absolute) path to the plugin script, and plugin_dir can be used to specify the output directory where the compiled plugin should be generated. If plugin_dir is not defined then /tmp is assumed. The second variant with -get is used to print out a script section from a plugin script to stdout. It is generally only used internally by LiVES. Return values The script returns the following values 0 - success 1 - the value of a trigger was greater than the number of parameters 2 - a value could not be read from the script file 3 - the language code of the plugin script was not equivalent to LiVES-perl 4 - the API version level of the plugin script was invalid 5 - the <define> section was missing from the plugin script SEE ALSO
build-lives-rfx-plugin-multi(1), lives(1) AUTHOR
Gabriel Finch a.k.a Salsaman (salsaman@xs4all.nl) May 9 2010 build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)