Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Concat name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Concat name Post 302960388 by cjcox on Saturday 14th of November 2015 09:49:48 PM
Old 11-14-2015
Consider also:
Code:
username=`echo "${firstname} ${lastname}" | sed -n -e 's/^\([^ ][^ ][^ ][^ ][^ ][^ ][^ ]\)[^ ]* \(.\).*/\1\2 /' -e 's/^\([^ ][^ ]*\) .*/\1/p'`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concat date

How do I concat a date to a filename eg; filename: jjjrtup to become jjjrtup29052002 mv jjjrtup jjjrtup ? date what should ? be (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drukkie
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concat

HI all, How to concat two strings in Shell scrpits suppose x=a y=b i want to display it as ab How to do it ? Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

concat string

hey, I want to concat whole bunch of strings together but somehow they don't turn out the way I want them to a="HELLO " b="WORLD " c=$a$b I was expecting c to be "HELLO WORLD " but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

concat strings

Hello, I have a list of tablespaces in oracle and I want to concatenate 'drop tablespace' on the left of each line and 'INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES' on the right of each line. Any idea how to do that? many thanks. PS: I tried to use excel and copy/paste it to vi. But I noticed many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Concat

Hi All this may be somewhere in internet , but couldnt find the it. i have file as abc01 2010-07-01 12:45:24 2010-07-01 12:54:35 abc02 2010-07-01 12:59:24 2010-07-01 01:05:13 abc03 . . . the output using awk should look like this abc01|2010-07-01 12:45:24|2010-07-01 12:54:35... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

concat 3 files

Hello Unix gurus, how to concat 3 files content side by side . i have 3 files more report1.txt select *from tab1 A JOIN tab1 B ON more report2.txt A.PK1=B.PK1 where more report3.txt A.AAA <> B.AAA or A.BBB <> B.BBB or A.CCC<> B.CCCC or .. .. .. A.ZZZ <> B.ZZZ; if i concatinate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concat

Hi All, My Input file contains: Input.txt Name|Marks ABC|10 GHI|10 JKL|20 MNO|20 PQR|30 Output.txt MARKS|NAME 10|ABC,GHI 20|JKL,MNO 30|PQR Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concat required

Hi Folks The below is code is giving me value 30. cal | sed '/^$/d' | tail -1 | awk '{printf $NF-1}' Actually the text is like below. echo "you should reply on 30-Jan-2013 evening EST. Here how should i con-cat above logic in that text? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concat columns?

Hello All, I have a file with following data. 1365787116 3.0 contracts/Procs_Val_Req_forContrct_Amnd_BPEL 1348791394 2.0 contracts/Procs_Val_toTerm_Ret_Contrct_BPEL 1348791394 2.0 contracts/Qualfy_BP_forNew_Ret_Contrct_BPEL 1348791394 2.0 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikram_Tanwar12
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Concat data

All, I have 2 files A and B with some data. Now i want to concat data from both the files in to 3rd file.Please help me with a single command line. A--123456789 B--jlsjdfkajsjas output file C should be 123456789,jlsjdfkajsjas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
2 Replies
Biber::Input::file::bibtex(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Biber::Input::file::bibtex(3pm)

init_cache
	   Invalidate the T::B object cache. Used only in tests when e.g. we change the encoding
	   settings and therefore must force a re-read of the data

TBSIG
	    Signal handler to catch fatal Text::BibTex SEGFAULTS. It has bugs
	    and we want to say at least something if it coredumps

extract_entries
	  Main data extraction routine.
	  Accepts a data source identifier, preprocesses the file and then
	  looks for the passed keys, creating entries when it finds them and
	  passes out an array of keys it didn't find.

create_entry
	  Create a Biber::Entry object from a Text::BibTeX object

cache_data
	  Caches file data into T::B objects indexed by the original
	  datasource key, decoded into UTF8

preprocess_file
	  Convert file to UTF-8 and potentially decode LaTeX macros to UTF-8

parsename
	   Given a name string, this function returns a Biber::Entry::Name object
	   with all parts of the name resolved according to the BibTeX conventions.

parsename('John Doe')
	   returns an object which internally looks a bit like this:

{ firstname	   => 'John',
	     firstname_i   => ['J'],
	     lastname	   => 'Doe',
	     lastname_i    => ['D'],
	     prefix	   => undef,
	     prefix_i	   => undef,
	     suffix	   => undef,
	     suffix_i	   => undef,
	     namestring    => 'Doe, John',
	     nameinitstring => 'Doe_J',
	     strip	    => {'firstname' => 0,
				'lastname'  => 0,
				'prefix'    => 0,
				'suffix'    => 0}
	     }

NAME
Biber::Input::file::bibtex - look in a BibTeX file for an entry and create it if found DESCRIPTION
Provides the extract_entries() method to get entries from a BibTeX data source and instantiate Biber::Entry objects for what it finds AUTHOR
Francois Charette, "<firmicus at ankabut.net>" Philip Kime "<philip at kime.org.uk>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests on our sourceforge tracker at <https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=browse&group_id=228270>. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009-2012 Francois Charette and Philip Kime, all rights reserved. This module is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-17 Biber::Input::file::bibtex(3pm)