Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help in script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in script Post 302960149 by yarraguntla on Wednesday 11th of November 2015 11:04:43 AM
Old 11-11-2015
Need help in script

Hi all,

I am a newbie to Unix and i have requirement to add a prefix as column number to the header row columns. ( Add [Column#] to Column).The file is a pipe delimited.
Input
Code:
Student_Id|Student_Name|Student_Address

Output should be

Code:
01_Student_Id|02_Student_Name|03_Student_Address

There can be multiple files and each file can have different number of columns. Example file 1 can have 2 columns, file 2 can have 5 columns etc, but all the files are delimeted by |.

Could someone please help me in writing a script which works for all the file.

Note: requirement is just to add prefix for column names ( header row)

Thanks in advance

Last edited by vgersh99; 11-11-2015 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: code tags, please!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
RTBL(3) 						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						   RTBL(3)

NAME
rtbl_create, rtbl_destroy, rtbl_set_flags, rtbl_get_flags, rtbl_set_prefix, rtbl_set_separator, rtbl_set_column_prefix, rtbl_set_column_affix_by_id, rtbl_add_column, rtbl_add_column_by_id, rtbl_add_column_entry, rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id, rtbl_new_row, rtbl_format -- format data in simple tables LIBRARY
The roken library (libroken, -lroken) SYNOPSIS
#include <rtbl.h> int rtbl_add_column(rtbl_t table, const char *column_name, unsigned int flags); int rtbl_add_column_by_id(rtbl_t table, unsigned int column_id, const char *column_header, unsigned int flags); int rtbl_add_column_entry(rtbl_t table, const char *column_name, const char *cell_entry); int rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(rtbl_t table, unsigned int column_id, const char *cell_entry); rtbl_t rtbl_create(void); void rtbl_destroy(rtbl_t table); int rtbl_new_row(rtbl_t table); int rtbl_set_column_affix_by_id(rtbl_t table, unsigned int column_id, const, char, *prefix", const char *suffix); int rtbl_set_column_prefix(rtbl_t table, const char *column_name, const char *prefix); unsigned int rtbl_get_flags(rtbl_t table); void rtbl_set_flags(rtbl_t table, unsigned int flags); int rtbl_set_prefix(rtbl_t table, const char *prefix); int rtbl_set_separator(rtbl_t table, const char *separator); int rtbl_format(rtbl_t table, FILE, *file"); DESCRIPTION
This set of functions assemble a simple table consisting of rows and columns, allowing it to be printed with certain options. Typical use would be output from tools such as ls(1) or netstat(1), where you have a fixed number of columns, but don't know the column widths before hand. A table is created with rtbl_create() and destroyed with rtbl_destroy(). Global flags on the table are set with rtbl_set_flags and retrieved with rtbl_get_flags. At present the only defined flag is RTBL_HEADER_STYLE_NONE which suppresses printing the header. Before adding data to the table, one or more columns need to be created. This would normally be done with rtbl_add_column_by_id(), column_id is any number of your choice (it's used only to identify columns), column_header is the header to print at the top of the column, and flags are flags specific to this column. Currently the only defined flag is RTBL_ALIGN_RIGHT, aligning column entries to the right. Columns are printed in the order they are added. There's also a way to add columns by column name with rtbl_add_column(), but this is less flexible (you need unique header names), and is considered deprecated. To add data to a column you use rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(), where the column_id is the same as when the column was added (adding data to a non-existent column is undefined), and cell_entry is whatever string you wish to include in that cell. It should not include newlines. For columns added with rtbl_add_column() you must use rtbl_add_column_entry() instead. rtbl_new_row() fills all columns with blank entries until they all have the same number of rows. Each column can have a separate prefix and suffix, set with rtbl_set_column_affix_by_id; rtbl_set_column_prefix allows setting the prefix only by column name. In addition to this, columns may be separated by a string set with rtbl_set_separator (by default columns are not seprated by anything). The finished table is printed to file with rtbl_format. EXAMPLES
This program: #include <stdio.h> #include <rtbl.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { rtbl_t table; table = rtbl_create(); rtbl_set_separator(table, " "); rtbl_add_column_by_id(table, 0, "Column A", 0); rtbl_add_column_by_id(table, 1, "Column B", RTBL_ALIGN_RIGHT); rtbl_add_column_by_id(table, 2, "Column C", 0); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-1"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-2"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-3"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-1"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-1"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-2"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-2"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-3"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-3"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-4"); rtbl_new_row(table); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-4"); rtbl_new_row(table); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-4"); rtbl_new_row(table); rtbl_format(table, stdout); rtbl_destroy(table); return 0; } will output the following: Column A Column B Column C A-1 B-1 C-1 A-2 B-2 C-2 A-3 B-3 C-3 A-4 B-4 C-4 HEIMDAL
June 26, 2004 HEIMDAL