Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using sed to capture the year Post 302959839 by wbport on Friday 6th of November 2015 02:00:00 PM
Old 11-06-2015
Look for 20 followed by two more digits appears to work in your example.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How many weeks in a year

Hi, I search how i could do to find if a year (for example 2004, 1989, 2058) has 52 or 53 weeks... Have you a idea for me please??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Castelior
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i get the year of the file

When i use, 'ls -ltr' I only see the month and day (timestamp) of the file. How do i see the year also. Thanks and Regards, Ram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

use sed to remove year from string?

Hi guys, I have been trying to play with sed to accomplish this but I just can't quite get it right. I need to be able to remove the year from a string held in a variable in my bash script. The string may have multiple words but always ends with a year such as (2009) for example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tret
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

How Much Vacation Do You Take Every Year?

Please vote and comment: How much vacation from work do you take every year? (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
40 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

LAST command with Year

Hi Guys, I'm trying to identify the last logins by all the users in the system in AIX. the last command gives me the output, but there is no year displayed for it . Since there is a duplication of months i mean Apr 2010 and Apr 2009 also its giving me inaccurate data.. Is there a way I can filter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk to retrieve max year in column

I am trying to retrieve that max 'year' in a text file that is delimited by tilde (~). It is the second column and the values may be in Char format (double quoted) and have duplicate values. Please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CKT_newbie88
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed capture help

Hi, I'm a newbie to sed and learning about sed 1 liners and captures. I was wondering if someone could help me with the code below: http://i51.tinypic.com/2eg4kdd.png So that's taking a URL and splitting it into URL,TLD & Filename. Any help on how I can do this is much appreciated. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: r4v3n
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last login with year

'last' command gives me date and time the user has logged in last. But how to get the date with year? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
8 Replies
PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)											       PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_set_tstamp_type - set the time stamp type to be used by a capture device SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_set_tstamp_type(pcap_t *p, int tstamp_type); DESCRIPTION
pcap_set_tstamp_type() sets the the type of time stamp desired for packets captured on the pcap descriptor to the type specified by tstamp_type. It must be called on a pcap descriptor created by pcap_create() that has not yet been activated by pcap_activate(). pcap_list_tstamp_types() will give a list of the time stamp types supported by a given capture device. See pcap-tstamp(7) for a list of all the time stamp types. RETURN VALUE
pcap_set_tstamp_type() returns 0 on success if the specified time stamp type is expected to be supported by the capture device, PCAP_WARN- ING_TSTAMP_TYPE_NOTSUP if the specified time stamp type is not supported by the capture device, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if called on a capture handle that has been activated, and PCAP_ERROR_CANTSET_TSTAMP_TYPE if the capture device doesn't support setting the time stamp type. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap_list_tstamp_types(3PCAP), pcap_tstamp_type_name_to_val(3PCAP), pcap-tstamp(7) 5 December 2014 PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)