Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Need Help Installing Legacy System on Newer Hardware Post 302959833 by spock9458 on Friday 6th of November 2015 10:47:04 AM
Old 11-06-2015
Yes, for a few tries I did have that setting wrong, but yesterday I found advice online that said it had to be in legacy mode, so I found out how to do that in my cmos. Now when the installation begins it shows that there is 1 fixed disk detected (and I am now using a brand-new hard drive). However when the devices start to load, I can see it attempting to install the wd driver, but after a few seconds I receive the following:

WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found.
hd: a Boot-Time Loadable Driver may be required.

I have tried several, but nothing seems to work, I just keep getting the same message. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar --newer = tar --newer-mtime ?

Hi, I have the following question : As far as I know unix doesn't store file creation dates. Would that imply the following? tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer is equal to: tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer-mtime ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing FreeBSD on old system?

I've never had trouble installing freebsd or any linux/unix system on any computer i've tried to do it on. I just recently aquired a Packard Bell, 75mhz Pentium, 482 i believe. Im having difficulty installing it. I have FreeBSD 5.1 on cd and the computer wont even recognize the cd on boot, so it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadProfessor
2 Replies

3. Solaris

What command to check system hardware

What command can I run on a Solaris 8 server to check the hardware (ie number of processors, speed of processors, installed memory etc). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

4. Solaris

basic hardware & system requirements for solaris 10

hi all, i want to setup a solaris10 lab for 50 trainees. kindly let me know all the basic hardware & system requirements for the lab . with regards, Raj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajp_8007
5 Replies

5. Programming

VERSYS Legacy System

I need help locating the tables that hold the demograhic data in this system on an AIX box. Does anyone know the path? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chelcye
0 Replies

6. AIX

System P hardware

hello everybody, Is there any training to get deep knowledge an hands on lab with system p hardware firmware microcode upgrading etc... thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Manufacturer name of computer system(hardware) , processor

Hi All, Can someone let me know the method or set of commands by which i can retrive manufacturer name of computer system (hardware of machine ) and manufacturer of processor. i get below information when fired psrinfo command : psrinfo -vp The physical processor has 1 virtual processor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Hardware and system timing are different

-> We have 2 servers server1 and server2 server. ->server1 is master application and server2 is slave application server. ->output of server1 hardware and slave timing: # hwclock --show Thu 05 Jun 2014 05:34:08 PM SGT -0.465666 seconds # date Thu Jun 5 17:34:16 SGT 2014 # cd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Command To Find the System Configuration And Hardware Information

Hello guys. I wanted to find the System Configuration and Hardware Information on one of my servers. Here is part of the cpu info: CPU core info: processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 44 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
2 Replies
installboot(1M) 														   installboot(1M)

NAME
installboot - install bootblocks in a disk partition SYNOPSIS
installboot bootblk raw-disk-device The boot(1M) program, ufsboot, is loaded from disk by the bootblock program which resides in the boot area of a disk partition. The ufs boot objects are platform-dependent, and reside in the /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory. The platform name can be found using the -i option of uname(1). The installboot utility is a SPARC only program. It is not supported on the architecture. users should use installgrub(1M) instead. bootblk The name of the bootblock code. raw-disk-device The name of the disk device onto which the bootblock code is to be installed; it must be a character device which is read- able and writable. Naming conventions for a SCSI or IPI drive are c?t?d?s? and c?d?s? for an IDE drive. Example 1: Installing UFS Boot Block To install a ufs boot block on slice 0 of target 0 on controller 1 of the platform where the command is being run, use: example# installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0 /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory where ufs boot objects reside. /platform/platform-name/ufsboot second level program to boot from a disk or CD See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ od(1), uname(1), boot(1M), init(1M), kadb(1M), kernel(1M), monitor(1M), reboot(1M), rpc.bootparamd(1M), init.d(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
The installboot utility fails if the bootblk or openfirmware files do not exist or if the raw disk device is not a character device. 11 Apr 2005 installboot(1M)