Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help Interrupting Sparc 5 Boot Post 302959827 by hicksd8 on Friday 6th of November 2015 09:45:07 AM
Old 11-06-2015
I could ask a number of questions here but firstly let me just say that on a Sun keyboard you can stop the boot process with STOP-A and if you're using a PC keyboard you can stop the boot process with CTRL-BREAK. However, as Don says, the system thinks that it doesn't have a keyboard. How is your minicom terminal physically connected?

---------- Post updated at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:40 PM ----------

Also, read this thread..............

Can't use 'break' command, Can't access 'ok' prompt.

that I was involved in and DukeNuke2 solved it. Read DukeNuke2's post.

Hope that helps.
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New Sparc box wont boot. Keyboard?

Do I HAVE to have a Sun Sparc type keyboard? Ive got an Ultra Sparc workstation I got from EBAY that was supposted to be working. This box has a PS2 AND Sparc's odd looking keyboard port. Does my system have a switch in the BIOS simmilar to the x86 "Halt on keyboard error?" ...Or maybe a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Curt
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Boot problem with SUN Sparc

Newbie question. I've been running OpenSolaris on an Intel box for some time with great success. I have just bought an old Sun Blade workstation with a corrupted version of Solaris 5 something on it. The plan was to install OpenSolaris on it. However beyond my skills, I see, as no Live CD (or... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewtargett
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interrupting script while execution

Hi, I have a script "a.sh", when the script is running user should not be able to interrupt the script execution.If user tries I need to throw an error. Please help in this. Thanks Satya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Sparc Ultra 4 won't boot - disk errors

Hi all. I am seeing in one of our less-used servers that it crashed and now won't restart. I get the message 'continue with normal startup or boot into maintenance mode'. I go into maintenance and run fsck on /usr0 (mentioned in error at restart) it then reboots but goes right back to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris SPARC boot error

Hi Admins, When i tried to boot the system from ALOM console i am getting below error and not sure what caused this error. Btw the machine is running on Solaris SPARC 10. Can you shed some light on this? {b} ok boot -sv SC Alert: Host System has Reset SC Alert: Host system has... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
23 Replies

7. Solaris

T2000 Sparc server fails boot

I have a T2000 enterprise SPARC server that's no longer on contract with Oracle. It's on old firmware (6.3.x). After a power-down this weekend, it won't boot normally. Boot snapshot at the bottom of the post. It can boot to cdrom, and it'll boot to failsafe mode, but it won't do a regular... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: val riverwalk
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SPARC T4-1 "ERROR: boot-read fail"

Either I try to boot from USB bootable drive or from a bootable dvdrom, I am receiving a message ERROR: boot-read fail {0} ok probe-scsi-all This command may hang the system if a Stop-A or halt command has been executed. Please type reset-all to reset the system before executing this... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
18 Replies
gnome-keyboard-layout(1)					   User Commands					  gnome-keyboard-layout(1)

NAME
gnome-keyboard-layout - set your keyboard layout SYNOPSIS
gnome-keyboard-layout [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
gnome-keyboard-layout enables you to select a locale mapping for your keyboard. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching gnome-keyboard-layout example% gnome-keyboard-layout ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5). EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-keyboard-Executable to set your keyboard layout ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-utility_applets | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gkb_xmmap(1), gnome-keybinding-properties(1), gnome-keyboard-properties(1), xmodmap(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Matt Keenan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 gnome-keyboard-layout(1)