Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help Interrupting Sparc 5 Boot Post 302959769 by MungoJerry on Thursday 5th of November 2015 09:53:47 PM
Old 11-05-2015
While a break can be sent via a Sun keyboard, it can also be sent via a terminal connection for a "headless" system, that is, one without a Sun monitor/keyboard. I read a notice from Sun that indicated the break signal may not be received when the terminal hookup does not support full hardware handshaking - that is, when the serial cable does not have all (required) pins connected. So I'm going to have to check out my cable and null modem to make sure they're sufficient.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New Sparc box wont boot. Keyboard?

Do I HAVE to have a Sun Sparc type keyboard? Ive got an Ultra Sparc workstation I got from EBAY that was supposted to be working. This box has a PS2 AND Sparc's odd looking keyboard port. Does my system have a switch in the BIOS simmilar to the x86 "Halt on keyboard error?" ...Or maybe a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Curt
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Boot problem with SUN Sparc

Newbie question. I've been running OpenSolaris on an Intel box for some time with great success. I have just bought an old Sun Blade workstation with a corrupted version of Solaris 5 something on it. The plan was to install OpenSolaris on it. However beyond my skills, I see, as no Live CD (or... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewtargett
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interrupting script while execution

Hi, I have a script "a.sh", when the script is running user should not be able to interrupt the script execution.If user tries I need to throw an error. Please help in this. Thanks Satya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Sparc Ultra 4 won't boot - disk errors

Hi all. I am seeing in one of our less-used servers that it crashed and now won't restart. I get the message 'continue with normal startup or boot into maintenance mode'. I go into maintenance and run fsck on /usr0 (mentioned in error at restart) it then reboots but goes right back to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris SPARC boot error

Hi Admins, When i tried to boot the system from ALOM console i am getting below error and not sure what caused this error. Btw the machine is running on Solaris SPARC 10. Can you shed some light on this? {b} ok boot -sv SC Alert: Host System has Reset SC Alert: Host system has... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
23 Replies

7. Solaris

T2000 Sparc server fails boot

I have a T2000 enterprise SPARC server that's no longer on contract with Oracle. It's on old firmware (6.3.x). After a power-down this weekend, it won't boot normally. Boot snapshot at the bottom of the post. It can boot to cdrom, and it'll boot to failsafe mode, but it won't do a regular... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: val riverwalk
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SPARC T4-1 "ERROR: boot-read fail"

Either I try to boot from USB bootable drive or from a bootable dvdrom, I am receiving a message ERROR: boot-read fail {0} ok probe-scsi-all This command may hang the system if a Stop-A or halt command has been executed. Please type reset-all to reset the system before executing this... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
18 Replies
scconf_transp_adap_bge(1M)				  System Administration Commands				scconf_transp_adap_bge(1M)

NAME
scconf_transp_adap_bge - configure the bge transport adapter DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. You can configure bge adapters as cluster transport adapters. These adapters can only be used with the dlpi transport type. The bge adapter is VLAN capable. The bge adapter connects to a transport switch or to another bge adapter on a different node. In either case, the connection is made through a transport cable. When a transport switch is used and the endpoints of the transport cable are configured by using the scconf command, the scinstall command, or other tools, you are asked to specify a port name on the transport switch. You can provide any port name, or accept the default, as long as the name is unique for the switch. The default is to set the port name to the node ID hosting the adapter at the other end of the cable. There are no user configurable properties for cluster transport adapters of this type. SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clinterconnect(1CL), clnode(1CL), scconf(1M), scinstall(1M), bge(7D) Sun Cluster 3.2 4 May 2006 scconf_transp_adap_bge(1M)