Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conditional deletion of files based on extension Post 302959185 by VasuKukkapalli on Thursday 29th of October 2015 04:07:56 PM
Old 10-29-2015
Thank you So much Don, Its working now!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file extension based software execution

Hi Experts, I am working in HP-UX 11.0 workstaion. How can i make a file to be executed with the corresponding software to be invoked or executed. as in Windows. ie., if a file index.html has to be double clicked to invoke the Netscape Navigator. What i have to do to achieve this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anent
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding deletion of old files

Hi, I have a list of directories which contain old files that are to be deleted. I put the list of all directories in a txt file and it is being read by a script Iam searching for the files older than 60 days using mtime and then deleting it But all the files are getting deleted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chidvilas
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

conditional deletion of log files

i am a newbie and learning the ropes.........want to know how can i include a piece of code in a script (which redirects log files to a company standard out file) to delete the log files which are empty but should retain only those which has some process information in it......this should happen... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali007
3 Replies

4. Programming

Conditional Compilation based on Environmental Variable in Unix

I want to be able to access an environment variable to control how a program is compiled. So: export MY_VERSN=9 Then ideally, within my C++ code, I would have #if MY_VERSN = 9 iret = FRED9() #else iret = FRED() #endif The way I thought I could do it is that in the script that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrighterLater
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding lines to files based on file extension

I have posted this before but did not get many replies, so here it goes again. I have several files name like this If the file extension is 1a, I woould like to add at the beggining of the file the following sequence If the file extension is 1b, thn the entry that should be added is the next... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Conditional replace based on previous and current value in a line

I need to read the contents of a file. Then I need to grep for a keyword and replace part of the grepped line based on the condition of previous and present line. Example input file: V { port1 = P; port2 = 0; shift_port = P0; /* if next shift_port is P0 I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
9 Replies

7. Programming

Python Conditional Statements Based on Success of Last Command

In shell scripting, I can create a conditional statement based on the success or failure (exit status)of a command such as: pinger() { ping -c 2 $remote_host >/dev/null 2>&1 ping_stat=$? } pinger if ]; then echo "blahblahblah" exit 0 fi how is this done using Python using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display the .csv extension files based on .done extension fine

Hi All, I want to fetch the files based on .done file and display the .csv files and Wil take .csv files for processing. 1.I need to display the .done files from the directory. 2.next i need to search for the .Csv files based on .done file.then move .csv files for the one directory ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija.g6
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deletion of list of user based on a text file In LDAP UNIX server

Dear All, It would be really nice, if you could help me to write a script for deletion of list of user( more than 15000 users) stored in a file and sorted by email address( i need deletion of only a particular type of mail address). Is the any script to write and take the file as input and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chand
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on specific word in a file name & its extension and putting it in required location

Hello All, Since i'm relatively new in shell script need your guidance. I'm copying files manually based on a specific word in a file name and its extension and then moving it into some destination folder. so if filename contains hyr word and it has .md and .db extension; it will move to TUM/HYR... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: prajaktaraut
13 Replies
groovyc(1)						      General Commands Manual							groovyc(1)

NAME
groovyc - compiler for groovy source files DESCRIPTION
usage: groovyc [options] <source-files> options: --classpath <path> Specify where to find the class files. -d <arg> Specify where to place generated class files. -e,--exception Print stack trace on error. --encoding <encoding> Specify the encoding of the user class files. -F <flag> -h,--help Print a synopsis of standard options. -j,--jointCompilation Attach javac compiler to compile .java files. -J <property=value> --sourcepath <path> Specify where to find the source files. --temp <temp> -v,--version Print the version. options: --classpath <path> Specify where to find the class files. -d <arg> Specify where to place generated class files. -e,--exception Print stack trace on error. --encoding <encoding> Specify the encoding of the user class files. -F <flag> -h,--help Print a synopsis of standard options. -j,--jointCompilation Attach javac compiler to compile .java files. -J <property=value> --sourcepath <path> Specify where to find the source files. --temp <temp> -v,--version Print the version. SEE ALSO
groovy(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was generated using help2man and edited by Varun Hiremath <varun@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). December 2007 groovyc(1)