Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Command to grep the service with in a timeframe Post 302958974 by kriss.gv on Tuesday 27th of October 2015 03:53:52 PM
Old 10-27-2015
Display Command to grep the service with in a timeframe

Guys,

I am trying to use this command to find out the occurrence of the service "Loadservice" from the log file "log.06102010.svr1" in between the time frame 02:00:00 to 03:00:00 on the day 06-10-2010.

Code:
sed -n '/2010-06-10 02:00:00/,/2010-06-10 03:00:00/p' | fgrep "Loadservice" log.06102013.svr1 | wc -w

I just need to find the wordcount of Loadservice and I am getting incorrect outcome from the above command. Any help will be really appreciated.

Regards,
Kris

Last edited by Don Cragun; 10-27-2015 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print contents of any file within some timeframe

Hi, Is there anyway to print contents of any file ( say log files that grow automatically) within some timeframe ( comparing with current time), say print contents of the added in: 1) last 2 hr 2) last 45 min 3) last 3 hrs 47 min (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date within a timeframe 2 days ago

How could I using the following example, change it to show 2 days ago within the same time frame 0600 AM to 0600 AM let foo=`date "+(1%H-106)*60+1%M-100"` bar=foo+1440 find . -mmin +$foo -mmin -$bar | tr -s '/','-' '^' | cut -f2,3 -d"^" | tr -s '^' ' ' | Please use code tags (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie999
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Logging out idle users after a certain timeframe

We recently underwent a security audit and have a new requirement to not allow users to stay logged on overnight. In order to place this policy into effect i need a way to check for idle users and log them off. Is there any good way to enforce this policy in Solaris 10 and make it work in such a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
11 Replies

4. Red Hat

No reponse to 'service NFS start' command

Hello, I have a newly kickstarted RHEL 6.4 server that I'm trying to set-up as a kickstart server. I have done this before on other machines, but I am encountering some strange behaviour in this one. # service nfs status rpc.svcgssd is stopped rpc.mountd is stopped nfsd is stopped... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chopstyx
0 Replies

5. SuSE

Is this iostat pipe to sort service request command correct?

Hi, my os is SLES 10 from sort iostat as my output does not include rkB/s and wkB/s I probably have to adjust the key position, so is the following iostat pipe to sort service request command correct? oracle@vmc_stallite:~> iostat -x | sort -nrk11 sda 0.96 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Viewing a specific timeframe of a log file

Hi guys Done a bit of research online but can't seem to figure it out, is there anyway of grepping or using sed to view a specific time period of a log file. I am trying to view a log file for Saturday 22nd April between 08:00 - 12:00 I saw this command online and tried but doesn't seem to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
10 Replies
RUNSTAT(1)						      General Commands Manual							RUNSTAT(1)

NAME
runstat - collect statistics about execution of a process SYNOPSYS
runstat [ -h ] runstat [ -d ] [ -f pathname ] command [ args ] DESCRIPTION
runstat tries to execute a command in a subprocess, and upon termination of the subprocess collects some statistics about that subprocess, and writes them to a file. These statistics include time of execution, exit status, and elapsed time to execute, as well as use of various OS resources. USAGE
-d Debug mode; send log messages to standard error as well as to the system log. -f pathname Specifies the pathname of the file to save the statistics to. The default is to create a file in /tmp/cronutils-$USER with the name of the command, and suffix ".stat". -h Prints some basic help. SEE ALSO
runalarm(1), runlock(1), getrusage(2) AUTHOR
runstat was written by Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@google.com>. COPYRIGHT
This program is copyright (C) 2010 Google, Inc. It is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 Google, Inc. October 18, 2010 RUNSTAT(1)