Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Read space in script
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Read space in script Post 302958911 by kiranparsha on Tuesday 27th of October 2015 10:50:25 AM
Old 10-27-2015
I am looking the below output. Also I am using the below unix version
Code:
bash-4.1$ uname -a
Linux ad2222aa 2.6.32-504.8.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Dec 19 12:09:25 EST 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

GEOR_ES_LPI_T_AND_L.dat
GEOR_NZ_GBL_T_AND_L.dat
GEOR_FR_LPI_T_AND_L.dat
GEOR_DK_LPI_T_AND_L.dat

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep white space is being deleted using read

I am using Posix shell to write a script. The problem I am having is that when I use the read command to go through a file I lose the tabs. How can I keep this from happening? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keelba
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read filenames with space in between

Hi All, I need to read filenames with space in between in a for loop like Integration of utility projects Integration of hdf projects I copied these files from a windows system and as you know windows filename has spaces in between them. But while unix is reading the filename in a for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dayanandra
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can I read the space in the end of line

cat file1|while read i do echo "$i"|wc done with this command the space in the end of the line not considered how can solve that for example: read h "hgyr " echo "$h"|wc 4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ehab
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to read EMC disk space

Hi I am using Solaris8.I want to find the total disk space of my server.Can anyone please tell that which field in below mentioned code signifies the disk space and whether this space is in Mb or GB. c11t0d52 <EMC-SYMMETRIX-5264 cyl 4 alt 2 hd 15 sec 64> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharmaankur85
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Read text, handle white space

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The problem would be to make the program tolerate the white space and still read the string of characters. the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the filenames with space character in it

Hi, My Requirement is to read the filenames which possess space charatcer in it and pass the same file name to the other shell script as input parameter. Please provide your valuable suggestion. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to read the first space of a record in while loop

I have a loop like while read i do echo "$i" . . . done < tms.txt The tms.txt contians data like 2008-02-03 00:00:00 <space>00:00:00 . . . 2010-02-03 10:54:32 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

space after read prompt?

Hello, Unix-Forums. How can I make a Space after a read prompt? let's assume: read -p "Are you good?:" varthe output would be ( | is the cursor ): Are you good?:|But I want it to be: Are you good?: |That's what I mean. How would I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelinside
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting foreach to read a parameter with blank space

my program is designed to take the first parameters as extension, then the rest of the parameters as files to be searched for and, if found, modified by the extension. If not found, it prints an error. Everything is great until: ./chExt.sh 'com' 'king cobra.dat' where $file splits up the two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: username652719
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Read Only Permission after the space is full.

Hi, Is there any chance that a file system that mounted on the server becomes read only when the space in that file system becomes full? Regards, Sreejith (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith K
9 Replies
UNKNOWN(1)						      General Commands Manual							UNKNOWN(1)

NAME
unknown - identify possible genotypes for unknowns SYNOPSIS
A program to rapidly identify which genotypes are possible for individuals typed as unknowns in the input pedigree. unknown [ -cl ] DESCRIPTION
unknown infers possible genotypes and mating combinations for parents with unknown genotypes for ilink(1), mlink(1) and linkmap(1). OPTIONS
-c Use conditional allele frequencies. -l Choose a good set of loop breakers automatically. RETURN VALUE
0 Successful completion ERRORS
10 File not found 255 Failure EXAMPLES
Normally, unknown(1) is run immediately prior to its sister programs, ilink(1), mlink(1) and linkmap(1), like this: unknown mlink FILES
unknown(1) reads the two files pedfile.dat and datafile.dat as its own input and produces various temporary files that are used as input to the next program. These temporary files are ipedfile.dat, upedfile.dat, speedfile.dat and newspeedfile.dat. NOTES
unknown(1) is part of the FASTLINK package, which is a re-implementation of the LINKAGE suite of computer tools that help investigate genetic linkage as first proposed G.M. Lathrop, J.M. Lalouel, C. Julier, and J. Ott. AUTHORS
Dylan Cooper, Alejandro Schaffer, and Tony Schurtz based on work originally by Jurg Ott, Ph.D, et. al. This manual page was written by Elizabeth Barham <lizzy@soggytrousers.net> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). WORD-WIDE-WEB http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/CBBResearch/Schaffer/fastlink.html SEE ALSO
ilink(1), linkmap(1), lodscore(1), mlink(1). April 15, 2003 UNKNOWN(1)