Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Output read variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output read variable Post 302958794 by aav1307 on Monday 26th of October 2015 12:02:44 PM
Old 10-26-2015
thanks just perfect

and sorry for code,

you are genius

---------- Post updated at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:00 AM ----------

thanks corona perfect

thanks all,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannot read in variable using read on first try

Hi, My problem is : echo Division read vDivision variable1=`cut -c **something****' echo Do you want to proceed ? read ans I cant seem to read in ans on the first try and have to repeatedly enter the return key. If i remove the ` ` statement its ok but i need that line for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: normie
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cant read in variable on first try

Hi, My problem is : echo Division read vDivision variable1=`cut -c **something****' echo Do you want to proceed ? read ans I cant seem to read in ans on the first try and have to repeatedly enter the return key. If i remove the ` ` statement its ok but i need that line for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: normie
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using 'defaults read' and storing the output in a variable

Hi all, I'm creating a script which uses 'defaults read' to retrieve details from an Info.plist like this; defaults read "/Path/Contents/Info" CFBundleShortVersionString This works fine in Terminal and returns the expected values. Is it possible to use this command in a script, and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewg
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read output in ?

hi all! im making a program to update a file on a usb device. but the mount point is different from computer to computer depending on drives, now im updating the changes.lzm on a usb system based on slax. called backtrack, so thers a folder on the root of the memory stick called BT3. and i know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcstalljr
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I use read to read content of a variable

Can I use the read command to read the contents of a variable? I'm trying by using the following code and getting nothing back. I'm in a Linux environment. #!/bin/ksh IFS=~ VAR1=1~2~3~4 echo $VAR1 | read a b c d print "$a $b $c $d" (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmalencia
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read a variable?

i want to ask how can i read a variable? like for i in 1 2 3 do cat file${1} | while read something do if echo " file name: file${i}" >>temp else echo ", file${i}" >>temp done done it is not working, can i do something like that? actually i want the output below file name:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingming88
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls output into a read command as a variable

I'm working on a short BASH script on my Ubuntu box that will run powerpoint scripts with MS Powerpoint Viewer 2007 via WINE. I can run the presentation when I run it manually but what i'd like to do is have the script look for the newest file then run it. #! /bin/sh # Start the newest... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the variable from awk output?

I am reading an xml file with date tag as <Date>Default</Date> using the below command. Dt=$(awk -F'' '/<Date>/{print $3}' /home/test/try.xml and getting the value from the xml file stored in this variable "Dt" echo $Dt gives me a value. Dt=Default. Now according to my requirement, If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saidul
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing variable as input & storing output in other variable

I have a below syntax its working fine... var12=$(ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{print $2,$4}') Im getting expected output as below: printf "%b\n" "${VAR12}" dell 123 dell 456 dell 457 Now I wrote a while loop.. the output of VAR12 should be passed as input parameters to while loop and results... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the output of a command line by line and pass it as a variable?

Hi, I have some 2000 names in a table like below. Java Oracle/SQL ANSI SQL SQL,DWH,DB DB&Java And by using for loop in my code i am able to get a single word but if there is any special character or space then it is considering as a next line. I have to execute the below queries in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
10 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)