Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort Unique Column with the most recent timestamp Post 302958785 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 26th of October 2015 11:17:18 AM
Old 10-26-2015
Hello looney,

Following may help you in same.
Code:
awk '{DATE1=date -d $(NF-1) " " $NF;        ######### making a variable here with name DATE1 whose value is equal to date -d $(NF-1) " " $NF, where date -d display time described by STRING, where that string is the value of $(NF-1) space $NF, where $(NF-1) is the second last field of Input_file and $NF is the LAST field of Input_file. Here is an example of this. echo "10/11/2015 03:50:06AM" | awk '{DATE1=date -d $(NF-1) " " $NF;print DATE1}' output will be 010/11/2015 03:50:06AM
A[$2]=DATE1 > A[$2]?DATE1:A[$2];            ######### making an array named A whose index is $2 and then checking a condition there if variable named DATE1's value is greater than value of A[$2] then make value of A[$2]=DATE1 else keep the value of A[$2] as it is. basically I am comparing the value of array named A[$2]'s value of it's previous date's values. So need to take the latest one as per user's request to made like this.
B[$(NF-1) OFS $NF]=$0}                      ######### Making an array named B whose index is $(NF-1) output field separator $NF's value, default OFS value is space. Keeping it's value to $0 which is complete line of the Input_file.
END{for(i in A){                            ######### Now starting END block here with a for loop means go through each element of array a here.
sub(/^0/,X,A[i]);                           ######### Removing initial 0 which is coming as you could see in STEP 2 here above.
print B[A[i]]};}                            ######### printing here value of array B whose index is actually value of array A so it will be B[A[i]].
' Input_file                                ######### Mentioning Input_file here.

Thanks,
R. Singh
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and Unique in Perl

Hi, May I know, if a pipe separated File is large, what is the best method to calculate the unique row count of 3rd column and get a list of unique value of the 3rdcolum? Thanks in advance! (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh scripting: Extract 1 most recent record for unique key

I'm loading multiple delimited files into an Oracle DB using sqlldr on Unix. I would like to get only the most recent record per each unique key. There may be multiple updates for each key, but I only want the most recent one. There is a date column in my delimited files, so I'm using cat to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OPTIMUS_prime
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort biggest most recent files

if i am in /tmp file, and i have a few DIRs under /tmp. i want to find the biggest and most recent files (from 7 days ago) in /tmp and subfolders. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk sort and unique

Input file --------- 12:name1:|host1|host1|host2|host1 13:name2:|host1|host1|host2|host3 14:name3: ...... Required output --------------- 12:name1:host1(2)|host1(1) 13:name2:host1(2)|host2(1)|host3(1) 14:name3: where (x) - Count how many times field appears in last column ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort a file of 5 online by taking only the most recent

Hello, i develop a shell unix program and i have a csv file. every time we have 5 identical lines in the first 3 columns in the fourth column can be different and the 5th too. In the 5th I have a date in yyyy / mm / dd. I want to do a sort on the 5 lines and keep only the line where there is the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: papis
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique sort with two fields

I have a file with contents below 123,502 123,506 123,702 234,101 235,104 456,104 456,100 i want to sort such that i get a unique value in column A, and for those with multiple value in A, i want the lowest value in B. output should be 123,502 234,101 235,104 456,100 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dealerso
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique sort with three fields

I have another file with three columns A,B,C as below 123,1,502 123,2,506 123,3,702 234,4,101 235,5,104 456,6,104 456,7,100 i want to sort such that i get a unique value in column A, and for those with multiple value in A, i want the lowest value in C. output should be Code:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dealerso
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print unique lines without sort or unique

I would like to print unique lines without sort or unique. Unfortunately the server I am working on does not have sort or unique. I have not been able to contact the administrator of the server to ask him to add it for several weeks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count occurrence of column one unique value having unique second column value

Hello Team, I need your help on the following: My input file a.txt is as below: 3330690|373846|108471 3330690|373846|108471 0640829|459725|100001 0640829|459725|100001 3330690|373847|108471 Here row 1 and row 2 of column 1 are identical but corresponding column 2 value are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort unique

Hi, I have an input file that I have sorted in a previous stage by $1 and $4. I now need something that will take the first record from each group of data based on the key being $1 Input file 1000AAA|"ZZZ"|"Date"|"1"|"Y"|"ABC"|""|AA 1000AAA|"ZZZ"|"Date"|"2"|"Y"|"ABC"|""|AA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ads89
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)