Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Locking down access vi winscp Post 302958610 by Corona688 on Friday 23rd of October 2015 06:21:32 PM
Old 10-23-2015
Do these users even have permissions to access folders beyond the one they're supposed to chroot into? There are many ways around the application, probably, but no way around the operating system.

Last edited by Corona688; 10-23-2015 at 07:54 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

WINSCP for Linux?

Is there something that will work on Linux with the same functionality like Winscp? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
5 Replies

2. AIX

File access issue through sftp/winscp

Hi, I have SSH where I want to restrict browsing for a user "drrep" to the assigned home directory only.So I have put a entry in the sshd_config file as “AllowFiles "drrep:/fcrarch/fl02r/*" as shown in the scrren below. But due to this setting none of the users are able to login through winscp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
0 Replies

3. AIX

winscp between AIX and windows

Hello Admins, I am trying to copy some files/packages from my windows host to AIX server. I am a normal user not root. I am getting an error as below: cannot initialize sftp protocol..... I have enabled the ftp service. Could you help me out.. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
7 Replies

4. AIX

WINSCP Log in AIX 6.1

Hello Team, In my environment , Application team using winscp to create/modify/delete the files in the AIX server from their windows boxes. I have enabled the user history, su logs and lastlog, but the users whoever using winscp its not getting tracked. How to enable the WINSCP logs in AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is winscp?

Hi I am new to using unix and editors for unix.. what is winscp? how to use it? what are ways to download this and learn? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swathi123
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty and winscp - what is the difference?

Want to understand the difference between putty and winscp. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
2 Replies
CHROOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 CHROOT(8)

NAME
chroot -- change root directory SYNOPSIS
chroot [-u user] [-g group] [-G group,group,...] newroot [command] DESCRIPTION
The chroot utility changes its current and root directories to the supplied directory newroot and then exec's command, if supplied, or an interactive copy of the user's login shell. If the -u, -g or -G options are given, the user, group and group list of the process are set to these values after the chroot has taken place. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is referenced by chroot: SHELL If set, the string specified by SHELL is interpreted as the name of the shell to exec. If the variable SHELL is not set, /bin/sh is used. SEE ALSO
chdir(2), chroot(2), setgid(2), setgroups(2), setuid(2), getgrnam(3), environ(7), jail(8) HISTORY
The chroot utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. BSD
June 7, 2003 BSD