Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change file permission of mounted drive Linux Post 302958581 by Corona688 on Friday 23rd of October 2015 11:58:35 AM
Old 10-23-2015
I'm not sure what the "permissions" option does. Where you have "auto,users,permissions" I'd put "auto,users,umask=022"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timestamp of File permission change

Hi!! Experts, Is there any way to find the timestamp when the permission of a file was modified?? I mean no change to file contents.. Just the chnage of permissions. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test to see if a drive is mounted at a specific point

I have a script that backs up our storage drive daily to one external drive and weekly to another. What I'd like to do is find a way, in the script, to test whether the drives are mounted so that it doesn't accidentally fill up the main drive in the event of a drive failure, etc. Any ideas on how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spectre_240sx
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

ksh : permission denied on mounted dir

Hello, I have the following problem. I made a directory /mnt/appserv and mounted it on a windows server. The line in /etc/fstab to do this is the following : winoracle:/environments10g /mnt/appserv cifs defaults 0 0 I have mounted this dir as root-user. The rights on the directory are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bdb78451
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the default permission of a file

I am creating a file using the UTL_FILE command of oracle. This creates a file with the oracle user id. The file does not have permission for being read by any other user id. Is there a way that I can change this default permission. I tried using umask in the .login. Setting the umask to 022 works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachsamir
2 Replies

5. AIX

Change file permission by anothere user !

Guy's we are in AIX 5.3 We have created two users user1 and user2 and they are under same group Staff Group user1 will create file under /tmp/ and this is the permission of this file -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 staff 1 Jun 13 09:47 file user2 is under same group and when he... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory / File changes on CIFS share mounted on Red Hat Linux

I have a requirement to copy the changed file on CIFS share mounted on Red Hat Linux to a remote FTP/SFTP server. I tried inotify-tools, but this didn't track the modified files. Has anyone tried incron or any other suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SupeAlok
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file permission

Guys, I need help. I need to change the .txt file permission after I have reset the file content to 0. The code that reset the file content to 0 is as follows: #!/bin/sh for i in /root/script/*.txt do echo "0" > $i done However, the file is generated by the apache application,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change unix permission when I don't own the file

Hi, A file is transferred from a Windows server(say username : user1) to Unix server via ftp. In unix, the permission of the file for a user, say user2 will be "-rw-r-----". Since the user1 is the owner of the file, user2 is not able to change the file permission using chmod. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: merin
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change permission on a file recursively

Hi, this is the structure of the directory /local/home/app/cases under cases directory, below are the sub directories and each directory has files. /local/home/app/cases/1 /local/home/app/cases/2 /local/home/app/cases/3 /local/home/app/cases/4 File types are .txt .sh and so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to create file permission change restriction

Hello, I am looking for a UNIX shell script which can help me for access restriction. 1) /home/ram, there are number file with .txt extension, which should be only owned "ram" user. like as below ls -lrt *.txt -rwx------ 1 ram dba 11 Jan 4 2015 PASS1.txt -rwx------ 1 ram dba 10 Jan 4... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.trilok
8 Replies
FSCK(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   FSCK(8)

NAME
fsck -- file system consistency check and interactive repair SYNOPSIS
fsck [-dfnPpqvy] [-l maxparallel] [-T fstype:fsoptions] [-t fstype] [-x mountpoint] [special | node ...] DESCRIPTION
The fsck command invokes file system-specific programs to check the special devices listed in the fstab(5) file or in the command line for consistency. It is normally used in the script /etc/rc during automatic reboot. If no file systems are specified, and ``preen'' mode is enabled ( -p option) fsck reads the table /etc/fstab to determine which file systems to check, in what order. Only partitions in fstab that are mounted ``rw,'' ``rq'' or ``ro'' and that have non-zero pass number are checked. File systems with pass number 1 (normally just the root file sys- tem) are checked one at a time. When pass 1 completes, all remaining file systems are checked, running one process per disk drive. By default, file systems which are already mounted read-write are not checked. The disk drive containing each file system is inferred from the longest prefix of the device name that ends in a digit; the remaining characters are assumed to be the partition designator. The options are as follows: -d Debugging mode. Just print the commands without executing them. -f Force checking of file systems, even when they are marked clean (for file systems that support this), or when they are mounted read- write. -l maxparallel Limit the number of parallel checks to the number specified in the following argument. By default, the limit is the number of disks, running one process per disk. If a smaller limit is given, the disks are checked round-robin, one file system at a time. -n Causes fsck to assume no as the answer to all operator questions, except "CONTINUE?". -P Display a progress meter for each file system check. This option also disables parallel checking. Note that progress meters are not supported by all file system types. -p Enter preen mode. In preen mode, fsck will check all file systems listed in /etc/fstab according to their pass number, and will make minor repairs without human intervention. -q Quiet mode, do not output any messages for clean filesystems. -T fstype:fsoptions List of comma separated file system specific options for the specified file system type, in the same format as mount(8). -t fstype Invoke fsck only for the comma separated list of file system types. If the list starts with ``no'' then invoke fsck for the file system types that are not specified in the list. -v Print the commands before executing them. -x mountpoint Exclude the filesystem which has a mountpoint the same as in /etc/fstab. Used only in ``preen'' mode. -y Causes fsck to assume yes as the answer to all operator questions. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table EXIT STATUS
fsck exits with 0 on success. Any major problems will cause fsck to exit with the following non-zero exit(3) codes, so as to alert any invoking program or script that human intervention is required. 1 Usage problem. 2 Unresolved errors while checking the filesystem. Re-running fsck on the filesystem(s) is required. 4 The root filesystem was changed in the process of checking, and updating the mount was unsuccessful. A reboot (without sync) is required. 8 The filesystem check has failed, and a subsequent check is required that will require human intervention. 12 fsck exited because of the result of a signal (usually SIGINT or SIGQUIT from the terminal). SEE ALSO
fstab(5), fsck_ext2fs(8), fsck_ffs(8), fsck_lfs(8), fsck_msdos(8), mount(8) BSD
February 17, 2010 BSD