Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing perl files in many directories. Post 302958179 by RudiC on Tuesday 20th of October 2015 06:44:20 AM
Old 10-20-2015
Please use code tags as required by forum rules.

That doesn't sound too logical. Are you sure the perl.pl exists in all those directories?

Execute the perl script using its full path, and supply it with the respective directories, e.g. like
Code:
find "/mnt/disck/new files" -type d | while read DIR; do /full/path/to/perl.pl  $DIR; done

Last edited by RudiC; 10-20-2015 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: Added double quotes for dir name with spaces

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script not executing

Hi All, I have been given a perl script to modify but which is not running completely.And it is not showing any errors also. The script is : #!/usr/local/bin/perl print "Which transaction? "; print "\n"; print "1 - Inquiry"; print "\n"; print "2 - Delete Bank"; print "\n"; print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script on files in multiple directories

Hi, I want to run a Perl script on multiple files, with same name ("Data.txt") but in different directories (eg : 2010_06_09_A/Data.txt, 2010_06_09_B/Data.txt). I know how to run this perl script on files in the same directory like: for $i in *.txt do perl myscript.pl $i > $i.new... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List directories and sub directories recursively excluding files

Hi, Please help me, how to get all the direcotries, its sub directories and its sub directories recursively, need to exclude all the files in the process. I wanted to disply using a unix command all the directories recursively excluding files. I tried 'ls -FR' but that display files as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store files/directories in different directories!!

Hi legends, I am writing a script, in that my requirement is, if all the fill types stored in one directory from that we need to separate different different directories based on the file types. for example in a directory(anish). 5 different types files 1- directory 2- .txt files 2- .sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename the files in all the directories and sub-directories

Hi all, I have more than 12000 files in 46 different directories and each directory has 2 sub-directories named “dat” or “gridded”. Dat sub-directories have files with extension “jpg.dat” and gridded sub-directories have files with extension “.jpg”. I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run perl script on multiple files of two directories?

Hi I have 100 files under file A labled 1.txt 2.txt.....100.txt(made up name) I have 1 files under file B labled name.txt How can i run the same perl script on 100 files and file name.txt I want to run perl script.pl A/1.txt B/name.txt perl script.pl A/2.txt B/name.txt ....... perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grace_shen
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: script to work with files with the same name in different directories

Hi All, I would like to use a Perl (not Bash) script to work with multiple files of the same name in different directories (all in the same parent directory). I tried to create a loop to do so, but it isn't working. My code so far: while (defined(my $file = glob("./*/filename.txt")) or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elgo4
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving and moving files into directories, creating directories, etc.

how can i move "dataName".sql.gz into a folder called 'database' and then move "$fileName".tar.gz * .htaccess into a folder called 'www' with the entire gzipped file being "$fileName".tar.gz? Is this doable or overly complex. so mydemo--2015-03-23-1500.tar.gz > database -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
5 Replies
jrunscript(1)						      General Commands Manual						     jrunscript(1)

NAME
jrunscript - command line script shell SYNOPSIS
jrunscript [ options ] [ arguments... ] PARAMETERS
options Options, if used, should follow immediately after the command name. arguments Arguments, if used, should follow immediately after options or command name. DESCRIPTION
jrunscript is a command line script shell. jrunscript supports both an interactive (read-eval-print) mode and a batch (-f option) mode of script execution. This is a scripting language independent shell. By default, JavaScript is the language used, but the -l option can be used to specify a different language. Through Java to scripting language communication, jrunscript supports "exploratory programming" style. NOTE: This tool is experimental and may not be available in future versions of the JDK. OPTIONS
-classpath path Specify where to find the user's .class files that are accessed by the script. -cp path This is a synonym for -classpath path -Dname=value Set a Java system property. -Jflag Pass flag directly to the Java virtual machine on which jrunscript is run. -l language Use the specified scripting language. By default, JavaScript is used. Note that to use other scripting languages, you also need to spec- ify the corresponding script engine's jar file using -cp or -classpath option. -e script Evaluate the given script. This option can be used to run "one liner" scripts specified completely on the command line. -encoding encoding Specify the character encoding used while reading script files. -f script-file Evaluate the given script file (batch mode). -f - Read and evaluate a script from standard input (interactive mode). -help Output help message and exit. -? Output help message and exit. -q List all script engines available and exit. ARGUMENTS
If [arguments...] are present and if no -e or -f option is used, then the first argument is the script file and the rest of the arguments, if any, are passed as script arguments. If [arguments..] and -e or -f option are used, then all [arguments..] are passed as script argu- ments. If [arguments..], -e and -f are missing, interactive mode is used. Script arguments are available to a script in an engine variable named "arguments" of type String array. EXAMPLES
Executing inline scripts jrunscript -e "print('hello world')" jrunscript -e "cat('http://java.sun.com')" Use specified language and evaluate given script file jrunscript -l js -f test.js Interactive mode jrunscript js>print('hello world'); hello world js>34 + 55 89 js> thread(function() { print('hello world'); } hello world js> Run script file with script arguments jrunscript test.js arg1 arg2 arg3 test.js is script file to execute and arg1, arg2 and arg3 are passed to script as script arguments. Script can access these using "argu- ments" array. SEE ALSO
If JavaScript is used, then before evaluating any user defined script, jrunscript initializes certain built-in functions and objects. These JavaScript built-ins are documented in jsdocs. 06 Aug 2006 jrunscript(1)