Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get/print host string only from tnsping output? Post 302957867 by RudiC on Friday 16th of October 2015 04:18:54 AM
Old 10-16-2015
Your approach is not bad. Try to capture the first occurrence of the delimiter, not the last one:
Code:
awk '/Host/{match($0,/(Host =[^)]*)/);print substr($0,RSTART+7,RLENGTH-7)}' file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix: print on printer on another machine (host)

Hi all,sorry for my english but i don't speak it very well. I have a problem, i need to print a file from a unix machine to a printer on another unix machine (with another host). I think that it's possible making a connection with telnet to this machine and after to print on the machine in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giugy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tnsping is not working

How to enable this command ? Thanks. ---------- Post updated at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:34 AM ---------- I forgot to tell it is Unix server (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all Host on local network

Hello guys, I would like to develop a script which takes a host name as argument and displays a message whether the host is on the local network or not. How can I accomplish that? Is there a file or command that I can use to list all host on the local network? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple values from a tnsping output

Hi all, Can anyone help with the following request? I need to extract HOST value, SERVICE_NAME and msec value from a tnsping output and append to a file. The tnsping output is typically as follows: Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of multiple files and print those unique string from File1 in an output file.

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain one column of strings: File1: 123abc 456def 789ghi File2: 123abc 456def 891jkl File3: 234mno 123abc 456def In total I have 25 of these type of file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help/advice parsing Oracle tnsping output

Hi, tnsping is an Oracle tool that is sort of like a ping command. Unfortunately it does not come with a tool that can be used to parse its output which is very frustrating. Example output of tnsping are as below: $: tnsping testp1 TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 11.2.0.2.0 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Host name in front of ps output

hello All. I am working on something that should be really simply. It turns out that its not. I am trying to produce output to list the hostname along with all the current running programs. the script im using is: for PS in `ps -Ao "user,args" | cut -d' ' -f1,2` do echo "`uname -n`, $PS"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: busi386
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Host name in front of pkginfo output

hello all I am trying to create a comma seperated file of the pkginfo command. The follwoing works pretty well. pkginfo -l | egrep '(BASEDIR|NAME|VERSION)' | awk '{print}' ORS=', ' however, there are two issues. 1, For some reason it does not load into excel properly. It loads as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: busi386
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on parsing Oracle RMAN output for string and print sections of a file

Hi, I need some advise on how to print 'sections' of the attached file. I am searching for some that says Marked Corrupt and print some lines after it. At the moment I am running the command below: sed -n -e '/Marked Corrupt/{N;N;p;}' rman_list_validate.txtThis gives me the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORALSN(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORALSN(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_oralsnr - Manages an Oracle TNS listener SYNOPSIS
oralsnr [start | stop | status | monitor | validate-all | meta-data | methods] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for Oracle Listener. It manages an Oracle Listener instance as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
sid The Oracle SID (aka ORACLE_SID). Necessary for the monitor op, i.e. to do tnsping SID. (required, string, no default) home The Oracle home directory (aka ORACLE_HOME). If not specified, then the SID should be listed in /etc/oratab. (optional, string, no default) user Run the listener as this user. (optional, string, no default) listener Listener instance to be started (as defined in listener.ora). Defaults to LISTENER. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 10. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a oralsnr resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_oralsnr ocf:heartbeat:oralsnr params sid=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="10" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/oralsnr_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORALSN(7)