Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting timestamp from PST to UTC Post 302957754 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 14th of October 2015 02:56:00 PM
Old 10-14-2015
What operating system and shell are you using?

And, what is the source of a timestamp that is producing a time on October 10th that is in PST rather than PDT? And the difference between PST and UTC is 8 hours; not 7. It looks like your example is trying to convert PDT or MST to UTC; not PST to UTC.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Select entries between two dates by converting Unix timestamp in Oracle Database.

Hi, I need to select the entries between two dates from an Oracle db. The Oracle db has a column with Unix timestamps. I use the following querry, but it doesnt seem to be working as desired. select count(*) from reporter_status where to_char(FIRSTOCCURRENCE, 'mm-dd-yy') between ('08-07-06')... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitsayshii
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

changing sys clock (PST to UTC)

Hi I'm trying to change my sys clock from PST to UTC. I've read the man date page it helpfully says :- -u, --utc, --universal print or set Coordinated Universal Time as root I have tried date --universal, date -u, date --utc, I have checked the /etc/sysinfo/clock file the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: OFFSIHR
5 Replies

3. Programming

converting unix timestamp into readable format using c++

hi everyone, im new here and am in desperate need of help. I want to convert my 32 bit unix time stamp ' 45d732f6' into a readable format (Sat, 17 February 2007 16:53:10 UTC) using c++. I have looked around the interent but i just cant make sense of anything. All examples i can find just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uselessprog
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting timestamps to UTC in bash

Hello, I am trying to figure out a way to convert the timestamps in a dataset from one timezone (which has daylight savings) to UTC. 2009-02-25 23:57:22,000D60727B89,221.16.86.23,SYSTEM1What would be the best way to approach this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

GMT to PST

I have a file which is tab delimited, it contains the GMT date. Please tell me how to convert from GMT to PST time and if the date and time is of 2 days ago from the current date store the lines in a file or else remove the line. 10.1.10.178 - - - 10.1.10.178 - - ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Convert UTC Time to PST Time

Hello All - I have a script that grabs data from the net and outputs the following data 46029 46.144 -124.510 2010 07 26 22 50 320 4.0 6.0 2.2 9 6.8 311 1012.1 -0.9 13.3 13.5 13.3 - - 46041 47.353 -124.731 2010 07 26 22 50 250 2.0 3.0 1.6 8 6.4 - 1011.6 - ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drexnefex
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GMT to PST

99.60.97.205 - - GET /2009-03-29/world/impact.row.atlantic_1_rower-paul-ridley-cancer-research?_s=PM:WORLD HTTP/1.1 200 9386 www.abc.com Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_6; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/9.0.597.107 Safari/534.13 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies
ncab2clf(1)							   User Commands						       ncab2clf(1)

NAME
ncab2clf - convert binary log file to Common Log File format SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/ncab2clf [-Dhv] [-i input-file] [-o output-file] [-b size] [-n number] [-s datetime] DESCRIPTION
The ncab2clf command is used to convert the log file generated by the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator ("NCA") from binary format, to Common Log File ("CLF") format. If no input-file is specified, ncab2clf uses stdin. If no output-file is specified, the output goes to std- out. OPTIONS
-b Specifies the binary-log-file blocking in kilobytes; the default is 64 Kbyte. -D Specifies that direct I/O be disabled. -h Prints usage message. -i input-file Specifies the input file. -n number Output number CLF records. -o output-file Specifies the output file. -s datetime Skip any records before the date and time specified in datetime. You can specify the date and time in CLF format or in the format specified by the touch(1) utility. CLF format is the dominant format, so ncab2clf first analyzes datetime assuming CLF. -v Provides verbose output. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Converting a Binary File to a Common Log File Format The following example converts the binary file /var/nca/logs/nca.blf to a file /var/nca/logs/nca.clf, which is in Common Log File format. example% ncab2clf -D -i /var/nca/logs/nca.blf -o /var/nca/logs/nca.clf Example 2: Converting Multiple Log Files The following script may be used to convert multiple log files. The directory designated by "*" must only contain log files. !/bin/ksh for filename in * do ncab2clf -D < $filename > $filename.clf done Example 3: Using -s and -n on a Raw Device The following example shows how ncab2clf can be used on a raw device. If not using the -n option, the default is to convert all records from the starting location to the end of the file. The date and time specified with -s, below, is in CLF format. example% ncab2clf -s '10/Apr/2001:09:23:13' -n 100 < /dev/dsk/c2t1d0s6 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The file converted successfully >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWncau | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ncakmod(1), nca.if(4), ncakmod.conf(4), ncalogd.conf(4), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: IP Services NOTES
The binary log files generated by NCA can become very large. When converting these large binary files, use the -b option to the ncab2clf command to help performance. Direct I/O is a benefit to the user if the data being written does not come in as large chunks. However, if the user wishes to convert the log file in large chunks using the -b option, then direct I/O should be disabled by using the -D option. SunOS 5.10 28 Sep 2001 ncab2clf(1)