Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting timestamp from PST to UTC Post 302957751 by close2jay on Wednesday 14th of October 2015 02:40:51 PM
Old 10-14-2015
Converting timestamp from PST to UTC

I need to convert the given datetime from PST to UTC, i gone through multiple forum examples but everywhere it mentioned about converting the server datetime. So could someone help me on this.

I will be getting arguments for my script in the format of yyyymmddhh (eg:2015101004 - it will be pst), so now i need to convert it into UTC with the same format.

So for 2015101010 (PST) I need the output as (2015101017) UTC. Could someone through some lights here.

Thanks.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Select entries between two dates by converting Unix timestamp in Oracle Database.

Hi, I need to select the entries between two dates from an Oracle db. The Oracle db has a column with Unix timestamps. I use the following querry, but it doesnt seem to be working as desired. select count(*) from reporter_status where to_char(FIRSTOCCURRENCE, 'mm-dd-yy') between ('08-07-06')... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitsayshii
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

changing sys clock (PST to UTC)

Hi I'm trying to change my sys clock from PST to UTC. I've read the man date page it helpfully says :- -u, --utc, --universal print or set Coordinated Universal Time as root I have tried date --universal, date -u, date --utc, I have checked the /etc/sysinfo/clock file the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: OFFSIHR
5 Replies

3. Programming

converting unix timestamp into readable format using c++

hi everyone, im new here and am in desperate need of help. I want to convert my 32 bit unix time stamp ' 45d732f6' into a readable format (Sat, 17 February 2007 16:53:10 UTC) using c++. I have looked around the interent but i just cant make sense of anything. All examples i can find just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uselessprog
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting timestamps to UTC in bash

Hello, I am trying to figure out a way to convert the timestamps in a dataset from one timezone (which has daylight savings) to UTC. 2009-02-25 23:57:22,000D60727B89,221.16.86.23,SYSTEM1What would be the best way to approach this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

GMT to PST

I have a file which is tab delimited, it contains the GMT date. Please tell me how to convert from GMT to PST time and if the date and time is of 2 days ago from the current date store the lines in a file or else remove the line. 10.1.10.178 - - - 10.1.10.178 - - ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Convert UTC Time to PST Time

Hello All - I have a script that grabs data from the net and outputs the following data 46029 46.144 -124.510 2010 07 26 22 50 320 4.0 6.0 2.2 9 6.8 311 1012.1 -0.9 13.3 13.5 13.3 - - 46041 47.353 -124.731 2010 07 26 22 50 250 2.0 3.0 1.6 8 6.4 - 1011.6 - ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drexnefex
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GMT to PST

99.60.97.205 - - GET /2009-03-29/world/impact.row.atlantic_1_rower-paul-ridley-cancer-research?_s=PM:WORLD HTTP/1.1 200 9386 www.abc.com Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_6; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/9.0.597.107 Safari/534.13 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies
DateTime::Format::SQLite(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     DateTime::Format::SQLite(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::SQLite - Parse and format SQLite dates and times SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::SQLite; my $dt = DateTime::Format::SQLite->parse_datetime( '2003-01-16 23:12:01' ); # 2003-01-16 23:12:01 DateTime::Format::SQLite->format_datetime($dt); DESCRIPTION
This module understands the formats used by SQLite for its "date", "datetime" and "time" functions. It can be used to parse these formats in order to create DateTime objects, and it can take a DateTime object and produce a timestring accepted by SQLite. NOTE: SQLite does not have real date/time types but stores everything as strings. This module deals with the date/time strings as understood/returned by SQLite's "date", "time", "datetime", "julianday" and "strftime" SQL functions. You will usually want to store your dates in one of these formats. METHODS
This class offers the methods listed below. All of the parsing methods set the returned DateTime object's time zone to the UTC zone because SQLite does always uses UTC for date calculations. This means your dates may seem to be one day off if you convert them to local time. o parse_datetime($string) Given a $string representing a date, this method will return a new "DateTime" object. The $string may be in any of the formats understood by SQLite's "date", "time", "datetime", "julianday" and "strftime" SQL functions or it may be in the format returned by these functions (except "strftime", of course). The time zone for this object will always be in UTC because SQLite assumes UTC for all date calculations. If $string contains no date, the parser assumes 2000-01-01 (just like SQLite). If given an improperly formatted string, this method may die. o parse_date($string) o parse_time($string) o parse_julianday($string) These are aliases for "parse_datetime", for symmetry with "format_*" functions. o format_date($datetime) Given a "DateTime" object, this methods returnes a string in the format YYYY-MM-DD, i.e. in the same format SQLite's "date" function uses. o format_time($datetime) Given a "DateTime" object, this methods returnes a string in the format HH:MM:SS, i.e. in the same format SQLite's "time" function uses. o format_datetime($datetime) Given a "DateTime" object, this methods returnes a string in the format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS, i.e. in the same format SQLite's "datetime" function uses. o format_julianday($datetime) Given a "DateTime" object, this methods returnes a string in the format DDDDDDDDDD, i.e. in the same format SQLite's "julianday" function uses. AUTHOR
Claus Faerber <CFAERBER@cpan.org> based on "DateTime::Format::MySQL" by David Rolsky. Copyright X 2008 Claus Faerber. Copyright X 2003 David Rolsky. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
http://datetime.perl.org/ http://www.sqlite.org/lang_datefunc.html perl v5.10.1 2009-12-10 DateTime::Format::SQLite(3pm)