Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File copy issue in Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris File copy issue in Solaris Post 302957665 by sembii on Wednesday 14th of October 2015 02:41:22 AM
Old 10-14-2015
I used du -sh command to determine the size of the copy. I just found that file size in destination directory is increasing. It was 0K about 30 min ago and now it's 7.2M. So that means I need to check disk read write performance, right?

---------- Post updated at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:45 AM ----------

I found that this issue appeared on only disk from SunStorage M2500M2 array.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy from Solaris to HyperTerm

Hello, I try to copy a small file e.g. /etc/hosts from my workstation to my office Pc via serial cable on Port b. (/dev/term/b) But I donīt now how! On the Pc I can only use the HyperTerm on NT because this is the released software. There is an option to send or receive data but i have no idea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
11 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

on solaris best utility to copy a file system?

Hi, - on a solaris box what is the best utility to copy a whole file system from one place to other? - the aim of the operation is to place the contents of the whole file system to other file system within the discs cp ? - cpio? - tar? - what about file systemes containing symbolic links ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JAKEZ
1 Replies

3. Solaris

need to copy file from solaris to windows

Hi my OS is solaris 9 , we have requirement to copy 1 file from solaris box to windows machine , so which utility or commands any idea will be appreciated Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with the copy command

Hi, I was copying a bunch of files from one folder to another.. while copy command was running i pressed 'ctrl C'...now these files are not present in the parent directory nor in the target folder... :eek: Where can find these files... Is there any way to get this files back.. :confused:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris KSH shell script to copy all lines from one file to another

Hello, more of a windows wscript guy. However I took a new position that requires me to support some solaris servers. So... issue is that I need to copy all lines from a file to a temporary file and then copy them back into the original file starting at line 1. Reason I need to do this is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZigZaggin
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping a file in Solaris - Issue with xls file

Hi, I have an excel file generated by system in windows. I am zipping it, transfering to unix and unzipping there. But i'm getting below output while unzipping. $ /usr/bin/unzip -a 123.zip -d . Archive: 123.zip inflating: ./123/Index.xls When i copy this unzipped xls file to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with Reflection - text copy beyond screen.

Hi, Gretings, While viewing the contents of a file using more/cat in Reflection, I am neither able to see the text beyond the width of screen, nor able to type it as well. I have tried changing windows settings also, but of no vail. Even if I cat/more a file and try to copy its contents, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dipanchandra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy the directory but not copy certain file

Hi experts cp bin root src /mnt but not copy bin/bigfile any help? ( I post this thread in the "redhat" forum wrongly, I don't know how to withdraw that question in that wrong forum) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with copy command

Hi, I have a shell script which is having copy command. My need is to copy all the files in a directory into its subdirectory. My directory structure is like this. Dir1 file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt subDir1 subDir1 is a subdirectory in Dir1. Now I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvi
2 Replies
gnomevfs-copy(1)						   User Commands						  gnomevfs-copy(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-copy - copy a file from one VFS location to another SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-copy source-URI destination-URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-copy is obsolete. It has been superseded by gvfs-copy. See gvfs-copy(1). gnomevfs-copy copies a file from one URI location to another, using the virtual file system. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: source-URI Specifies the source file location in standard URI format. destination-URI Specifies the destination file or directory location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Copying a File From a Web Server to a Local File example% gnomevfs-copy http://www.sun.com file:///home/user/index.html ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-copy Executable to copy a file from one VFS location to another ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Obsolete Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-cat(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1), gvfs-copy(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.11 14 May 2008 gnomevfs-copy(1)