Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed/awk command to convert number occurances into date format and club a set of lines Post 302957572 by Chinmaya Kabi on Tuesday 13th of October 2015 03:30:51 AM
Old 10-13-2015
Hi Rudi,

Sorry.

I had used the below

Code:
joinstr=""
HDate=""
userrpt=""
while read line
do
printf "."
EndHeader=`echo $line | grep -c "End of run"`;
if [ "$EndHeader" -eq 1 ]
then
HDate=`echo $line | awk 'BEGIN { FS=OFS="," } {$1=substr($1,0,4)"/"substr($1,5,2)"/"substr($1,7,2)":"substr($1,9,2)":"substr($1,11,2)":"substr($1,13,2);print}'`
joinstr=$joinstr","$HDate
echo $joinstr >> $OUT_PATH/$OUT_FILE
joinstr="" 
else
BegHeader=`echo $line | grep -c "^20"`;
if [ "$BegHeader" -eq 1 ]
then
HDate=`echo $line | awk 'BEGIN { FS=OFS="," } {$1=substr($1,0,4)"/"substr($1,5,2)"/"substr($1,7,2)":"substr($1,9,2)":"substr($1,11,2)":"substr($1,13,2);print}'`
joinstr=$HDate
else
userrpt=`echo $line | sed 's/" /",/g' | sed 's/ "/,"/g'`
joinstr=$joinstr","$userrpt
fi
fi
done<tempreportuserfile

But the script slows down and hence would like a faster solution.

Last edited by Chinmaya Kabi; 10-13-2015 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: Used proper Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format of SED command to change a date

I have a website. I have a directory within it with over a hundred .html files. I need to change a date within every file. I don't have an easy way to find/replace. I need to change 10/31 to 11/30 on every single page at once. I tried the command below but it didn't work. Obviously I don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustsawmars
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove multiple set of lines in one command

is there a way with sed to removed more than one set of lines in one line? so i mean sed ${firstElem},${lastIndex}d web.xml > web1.xml this will delete lines between ${firstElem},${lastIndex} i want in the same line to do somethinkg like this (doesn't work so far) sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poki
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk or nawk to convert epoch time to date format

Looking for some help and usually when I do a search this site comes up. Hopefully someone can give me a little direction as to how to use one of these two commands to achieve what I'm trying to do. What am I trying to do? I need to take the time value in epoch format returned from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: minigts
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed - Convert 2 lines to 1 line

Hi, Just trying to get to grips with sed and awk for some reporting for work and I need some assistance: I have a file that lists policy names on the first line and then on the second line whether the policy is active or not. Policy Name: Policy1 Active: yes Policy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: guinch
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert date format such as 7/18/2015 to the number of month

How to convert date format such as 7/18/2015 to the number of month from requesting date 'date' in sh scripting ? Let say I have output in my log.txt -> 7/18/2015. How I convert it to the full number of month starting from 'date' till 7/18/2015 in shell scripting ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amerabest
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display date in mm/dd/yy format in sed command

Hi All, Following is my issue. $MAIL_DOC = test.txt test.txt contains the following text . This process was executed in the %INSTANCE% instance on %RUNDATE%. I am trying to execute the following script var=`echo $ORACLE_SID | tr ` NOW=$(date +"%D") sed -e... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk convert date format

Could you tell me how to convert the following dates? If I have m/d/yyyy, I want to have 0m/0d/yyyy. I want my dates to always be 8 digits. In other words, I want a 0 inserted whenever the month or day is a single digit. My issue is first I need to use FS="," to get field $4 for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbrunc
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace slash in date format only

Hello experts. I haven't been able to find a solution for this using the sed command. I only want to replace the forward slash with string "FW_SLASH" only if there's a number right after the slash while preserving the original number. I have a file containing 2 entries: Original File:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
SUBSTR(3)								 1								 SUBSTR(3)

substr - Return part of a string

SYNOPSIS
string substr (string $string, int $start, [int $length]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the portion of $string specified by the $start and $length parameters. PARAMETERS
o $string - The input string. Must be one character or longer. o $start - If $start is non-negative, the returned string will start at the $start'th position in $string, counting from zero. For instance, in the string ' abcdef', the character at position 0 is ' a', the character at position 2 is ' c', and so forth. If $start is negative, the returned string will start at the $start'th character from the end of $string. If $string is less than or equal to $start characters long, FALSE will be returned. Example #1 Using a negative $start <?php $rest = substr("abcdef", -1); // returns "f" $rest = substr("abcdef", -2); // returns "ef" $rest = substr("abcdef", -3, 1); // returns "d" ?> o $length - If $length is given and is positive, the string returned will contain at most $length characters beginning from $start (depend- ing on the length of $string). If $length is given and is negative, then that many characters will be omitted from the end of $string (after the start position has been calculated when a $start is negative). If $start denotes the position of this trunca- tion or beyond, false will be returned. If $length is given and is 0, FALSE or NULL, an empty string will be returned. If $length is omitted, the substring starting from $start until the end of the string will be returned. Example #2 Using a negative $length <?php $rest = substr("abcdef", 0, -1); // returns "abcde" $rest = substr("abcdef", 2, -1); // returns "cde" $rest = substr("abcdef", 4, -4); // returns false $rest = substr("abcdef", -3, -1); // returns "de" ?> RETURN VALUES
Returns the extracted part of $string; or FALSE on failure, or an empty string. CHANGELOG
+--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ |5.2.2 - 5.2.6 | | | | | | | If the $start parameter indicates the position | | | of a negative truncation or beyond, false is | | | returned. Other versions get the string from | | | start. | | | | +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #3 Basic substr(3) usage <?php echo substr('abcdef', 1); // bcdef echo substr('abcdef', 1, 3); // bcd echo substr('abcdef', 0, 4); // abcd echo substr('abcdef', 0, 8); // abcdef echo substr('abcdef', -1, 1); // f // Accessing single characters in a string // can also be achieved using "square brackets" $string = 'abcdef'; echo $string[0]; // a echo $string[3]; // d echo $string[strlen($string)-1]; // f ?> Example #4 substr(3) casting behaviour <?php class apple { public function __toString() { return "green"; } } echo "1) ".var_export(substr("pear", 0, 2), true).PHP_EOL; echo "2) ".var_export(substr(54321, 0, 2), true).PHP_EOL; echo "3) ".var_export(substr(new apple(), 0, 2), true).PHP_EOL; echo "4) ".var_export(substr(true, 0, 1), true).PHP_EOL; echo "5) ".var_export(substr(false, 0, 1), true).PHP_EOL; echo "6) ".var_export(substr("", 0, 1), true).PHP_EOL; echo "7) ".var_export(substr(1.2e3, 0, 4), true).PHP_EOL; ?> The above example will output: 1) 'pe' 2) '54' 3) 'gr' 4) '1' 5) false 6) false 7) '1200' ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Returns FALSE on error. Example #5 <?php var_dump(substr('a', 1)); // bool(false) ?> SEE ALSO
strrchr(3), substr_replace(3), preg_match(3), trim(3), mb_substr(3), wordwrap(3), String access and modification by character. PHP Documentation Group SUBSTR(3)