Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract/delete lines including 0%? Post 302957328 by baris35 on Friday 9th of October 2015 08:21:35 AM
Old 10-09-2015
How to extract/delete lines including 0%?

Hello,
I have a data file consisting of many lines and my target is to delete all lines containing 0%
After some sed processes, I convert it to shown below format:
Sample webpage logfile:
Quote:
*********************************<span style="float: right;">3%</span></td><td>128*****IP:11.22.33.44
*********************************<span style="float: right;">0%</span></td><td>128*****IP:55.66.77.88
*********************************<span style="float: right;">10%</span></td><td>128*****IP:99.11.22.33
Expected output is:
Quote:
*********************************<span style="float: right;">3%</span></td><td>128*****IP:11.22.33.44
*********************************<span style="float: right;">10%</span></td><td>128*****IP:99.11.22.33
sed command is not working for below methods:

Code:
sed -n '/0%/p' logfile > output
sed /0%/d logfile > output
sed -n '/right;">0%/p' logfile > output

Could you please let me know what is the correct command?

thanks
Boris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files including subdirectory and Delete

Hello Experts, I m newbie. Could u pls help me to write script on Sun solaris- I have backup directory "/var/opt/backup/" where files are backed up in different directory "backup1" "backup2" "backup3". I want to write a shell script which i will put in crontab and daily midnight it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thepurple
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for Pattern and Print including Lines in between

Gurus, I have a big file that needs to be sorted out and I cant figure out what to do. The file name is as below: Name: xxxx yyyy nnnn Description: dfffgs sdgsgsf hsfhhs afgghhjdgj fjklllll gsfhfh Updated: jafgadsgg gsg Corrected: date today The file consists of line like these. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract lines with specific words with addition 2 lines before and after

Dear all, Greetings. I would like to ask for your help to extract lines with specific words in addition 2 lines before and after these lines by using awk or sed. For example, the input file is: 1 ak1 abc1.0 1 ak2 abc1.0 1 ak3 abc1.0 1 ak4 abc1.0 1 ak5 abc1.1 1 ak6 abc1.1 1 ak7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amanda Low
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Including EOL in egrep pattern for multiple lines

Hi all I need your help to get a high-performance solution. I am working on a extensive script to automate file restores using the bprestore tool on a Solaris 5.10 server (bash 3.00). I will only paste the needed parts of the script to avoid any confusion. To use the script the user has to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anonym
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines

Data file example I look for primary and * to isolate the interesting slot number. slot=`sed '/^primary$/,/\*/!d' filename | tail -1 | sed s'/*//' | awk '{print $1" "$2}'` Now I want to get the Touch line for only the associate slot number, in this case, because the asterisk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two tables including multiple ocurrence of column identifiers and unique lines

I would like to merge two tables based on column 1: File 1: 1 today 1 green 2 tomorrow 3 red File 2: 1 a lot 1 sometimes 2 at work 2 at home 2 sometimes 3 new 4 a lot 5 sometimes 6 at work (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSP
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a pattern including any whitespace before it and after it

Hello. A_LIGNE="cnezJ,V ,FMZ fd,Mok CODKJ,F SOME_WORD fcnQ, VMQKV Q" A_PATTERN="SOME_WORD" sed 's/'$A_PATTERN'//g' <<< "$A_LINE"will remove 'SOME_WORD' and give : "cnezJ,V ,FMZ fd,Mok CODKJ,F fcnQ, VMQKV Q"A_PATTERN="SOME_WORD]" sed 's/'$A_PATTERN'//g' <<< "$A_LINE"will remove... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies
TAIL(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   TAIL(1)

NAME
tail - deliver the last part of a file SYNOPSIS
tail [ +-number[lbc][rf] ] [ file ] tail [ -fr ] [ -n nlines ] [ -c nbytes ] [ file ] DESCRIPTION
Tail copies the named file to the standard output beginning at a designated place. If no file is named, the standard input is copied. Copying begins at position +number measured from the beginning, or -number from the end of the input. Number is counted in lines, 1K blocks or bytes, according to the appended flag or Default is -10l (ten ell). The further flag causes tail to print lines from the end of the file in reverse order; (follow) causes tail, after printing to the end, to keep watch and print further data as it appears. The second syntax is that promulgated by POSIX, where the numbers rather than the options are signed. EXAMPLES
tail file Print the last 10 lines of a file. tail +0f file Print a file, and continue to watch data accumulate as it grows. sed 10q file Print the first 10 lines of a file. SOURCE
/src/cmd/tail.c BUGS
Tails relative to the end of the file are treasured up in a buffer, and thus are limited in length. According to custom, option +number counts lines from 1, and counts blocks and bytes from 0. Tail is ignorant of UTF. TAIL(1)