Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove escape sequences from a text file? Post 302957299 by fpmurphy on Thursday 8th of October 2015 06:43:29 PM
Old 10-08-2015
Have a look at GhostPCL or GhostPDL. Both are part of Ghostscript.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Available escape sequences

:) Hi, Can any one help me to find available escape sequences in UNIX shell programming? ( Like \n, \c etc,. in C or C++) Iam generating one report using one of the script, in that it is very much essential. Regards, LOVE (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Love
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Escape Sequences appearing in scripts

I hope this question isn't too vague... i recently switched from RedHat to Solaris 10, and found that the parts of a script that copy files between directories no longer work because escape sequences are appearing at the start and end of the filenames being read #!/usr/bin/bash cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jwm-wm
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remove escape characters from string

Hello all, I have a string var which contains formatting characters at the end, it is a string with EScape sequences at the end of it. How can I remove them so that I only keep the 'real' text? I tried : var1=${var1%%\033[0m} does not seem to do the job .... Please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to input escape sequences in Linux tty?

More details: Unicode, Framebuffer. I tried to press Esc and then what should follow, letters or brackets, but seems not to work. Probably i do something wrong. If somebody is familiar with escape sequences in the console, how do you do that? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail utility not displaying escape sequences

Hello! I created a file that displays text underlined. However when I pass the file into the mail utility it doesnt display the underline. Here is the code: echo "\n\033 cat test_underline.txt mail -s "testing of underline" <email_address> < test_underline.txt Any ideas?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPERTS
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape Sequences

Hi Gurus, Escape sequences \n, \t, \b, \t, \033(1m are not working. I just practiced these escape sequences. It worked first. Later its not working. Also the command - echo inside the script editor shows as shaded by a color. Before that echo inside the script editor wont show like this.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GaneshAnanth
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate sequences and modifying a text file

Hi. I've tried several different programs to try and solve this problem, but none of them seem to have done exactly what I want (and I need the file in a very specific format). I have a large file of DNA sequences in a multifasta file like this, with around 15 000 genes: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4galaxy7
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the text between all curly brackets from text file?

Hello experts, I have a text file with lot of curly brackets (both opening { & closing } ). I need to delete them alongwith the text between opening & closing brackets' pair. For ex: Input:- 59. Rh1 Qe4 {(Qf5-e4 Qd8-g8+ Kg6-f5 Qg8-h7+ Kf5-e5 Qh7-e7+ Ke5-f5 Qe7-d7+ Qe4-e6 Qd7-h7+ Qe6-g6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
jistoeuc(1)							   User Commands						       jistoeuc(1)

NAME
jistoeuc, jistosj, euctojis, euctosj, sjtojis, sjtoeuc - Code conversion between JIS, PC kanji, and Japanese EUC SYNOPSIS
jistoeuc [-8] [-U] [filename...] jistosj [-8] [-U] [filename...] euctojis [-8] [-U] [filename...] euctosj [-U] [filename...] sjtojis [-8] [-U] [filename...] sjtoeuc [-U] [filename...] AVAILABILITY
SUNWjfpu DESCRIPTION
For Japanese language handling, the jistoeuc family provides conversion between different code standards. command [ filename ...] does the specified conversion on the contents of the input filenames and writes it to stdout. If filename is not given, it reads and converts characters from the standard input. jistoeuc converts JIS to Japanese EUC jistosj converts JIS to PC kanji euctojis converts Japanese EUC to JIS euctosj converts Japanese EUC to PC kanji sjtojis converts PC kanji to JIS sjtoeuc converts PC kanji to Japanese EUC OPTIONS
-8 With this option specified, the commands jistoeuc, jistosj, sjtojis, and sjtoeuc, can support JIS X 0201 (Half-Size Katakana). This 8-bit JIS code does not use ISO Shift-In and Shift-Out escape sequences. -U The output is not buffered (The default is buffered output). SEE ALSO
iconv(1), iconv_ja(5) NOTES
This command can handle shift-in escape sequences for the following character sets: JIS X 0208 shift-in escape - E$B, E$(B, E$@ JIS X 0212 shift-in escape - E$(D JIS X 0201 Roman shift-in escape - E(J, E(H ASCII shift-in escape - E(B euctojis and sjtojis can handle shift-in escape sequences for the following character sets: JIS X 0208 shift-in - E$B JIS X 0212 shift-in - E$(D (except when sjtojis command is specified) JIS X 0201 Roman shift-in - E(J jistoeuc does not check whether or not each code in the input file is correct. Conversion with PC kanji is not based on TOG Japanese Ven- dors Council (TOG/JVC) Recommended Code Set Conversion Specification between Japanese EUC and Shift-JIS. The iconv(1) utility provides these functions. See iconv(1) and iconv_ja(5) for more information. BUGS
If JIS X 0212 character set is specified as input, jistosj and euctosj can not support the conversion correctly. euctosj, sjtoeuc, jis- tosj, and sjtojis can support conversion correctly only if JIS X 0208 1 ku - 84 ku is specified as input. SunOS 5.10 10 Jan 2003 jistoeuc(1)