Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Controller is not going into IF test Post 302957057 by VasuKukkapalli on Tuesday 6th of October 2015 02:13:15 PM
Old 10-06-2015
Thank you So much for helping me Dan and Rudi!!!
Kindly explain what will happen with the following statements:

CHK=${file/.sem/.chk}
unset CHK

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Controller Naming

Hello all, How does the Solaris identifies the controller subscript ? ( like c0txdxs0 or c1txdxsx ?? ) I have a unix box ( Ultra 30) running with 2.5.1. When I connected an external hard disk to the on-board scsi port, it got identified as c0t1dxsx... (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibz
1 Replies

2. Solaris

changing controller name

Dear Solarizer, If i have a disk let say like this c1t0d0s0 How to change the controller to be come example : c3t0d0s0 Thanxs For your replay Regads, tpx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpx99
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Separate HDD test using RAID controller

Hello, I am using Red Hat 2.6.23.1 with RAID 6 controller (card). (When I use "cat /proc/partitions" I do not see the separate HDDs in the RAID, I see one drive for the RAID itself, as it is considered 1 large drive.) I used a "dd" check to test my RAID drive speed and found it was a bit slow,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dbugy
7 Replies
Encode::GSM0338(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      Encode::GSM0338(3pm)

NAME
Encode::GSM0338 -- ESTI GSM 03.38 Encoding SYNOPSIS
use Encode qw/encode decode/; $gsm0338 = encode("gsm0338", $utf8); # loads Encode::GSM0338 implicitly $utf8 = decode("gsm0338", $gsm0338); # ditto DESCRIPTION
GSM0338 is for GSM handsets. Though it shares alphanumerals with ASCII, control character ranges and other parts are mapped very differently, mainly to store Greek characters. There are also escape sequences (starting with 0x1B) to cover e.g. the Euro sign. This was once handled by Encode::Bytes but because of all those unusual specifications, Encode 2.20 has relocated the support to this module. NOTES
Unlike most other encodings, the following aways croaks on error for any $chk that evaluates to true. $gsm0338 = encode("gsm0338", $utf8 $chk); $utf8 = decode("gsm0338", $gsm0338, $chk); So if you want to check the validity of the encoding, surround the expression with "eval {}" block as follows; eval { $utf8 = decode("gsm0338", $gsm0338, $chk); }; if ($@){ # handle exception here } BUGS
ESTI GSM 03.38 Encoding itself. Mapping x00 to '@' causes too much pain everywhere. Its use of x1b (escape) is also very questionable. Because of those two, the code paging approach used use in ucm-based Encoding SOMETIMES fails so this module was written. SEE ALSO
Encode perl v5.16.2 2012-10-25 Encode::GSM0338(3pm)