Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to sync time with bios in rhel7? Post 302957000 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 6th of October 2015 01:55:38 AM
Old 10-06-2015
I'm not seeing the problem you are trying to demonstrate. Is there some reason why you believe the timestamp on a file that you changed on September 14th should have a timestamp that is somehow related to the current hardware or software clock?

What is the output from the single command line:
Code:
date;hwclock;date

If the output from these three commands are not in non-decreasing timestamp order, then you might have a problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TIME SYNC (NTP)

Is there a utility which offers the ability to utilize NTP to sync time on machine. If so please point to man page or web site (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Provide Time Sync Using Nts-150 Time Server On Unix Network?

can anybody tel lme,how to instal NTS -150 on a unix network,it needs some patch to fetch time frm serve,,?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

3. SuSE

unable to sync the time with ntp server

Hi folks, The server time is no tgetiing synched up with the NTP server. I tried ntpdate -u <ipadress> this is not working. please help out. regards, Sag. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sync Time/date with NTP server

Hello all, What would be the most convienint and proper way on syncing up the time and date on Solaris 8 servers with an NTP server? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunguy222
2 Replies

5. Solaris

NTP time sync in Solaris 10

Ok, I have 4 production systems. There is one NTP server for all four systems. In each system there is one Solaris 10 box that points to that NTP server. All of the other machines in the system point to the Solaris 10 machine to get their time sync. All four Solaris 10 machines have essentially... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Time Sync issue on RHEL 5.3

Hi, My Linux VMs are running on citrix XEN.Somehow the time drift is too high (going very fast). Even if the correct time configured using date -s command, for every 1 hr it is differing almost 5 - 10 mins. Tried configuring ntpd (local NTP server) and still it is not synchronized. Machine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Time and Date Sync between 2 Sol boxes

I have 2 sol 10 OS boxes in replication and there is a 6 minutes time difference in GMT zone. How I can sync? they are not on public network. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandravadrevu
2 Replies

8. Linux

Questions about the NTP time server sync

Hi folks, I have developed a Linux server for my customer. After migrating the server to my customer site, I was trying to sync its time to the NTP time servers at my customer site. Below is the ntp.conf: % vi /etc/ntp.conf # Permit time synchronization with our time source, but do not # permit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having a problem with the time sync from Solaris 10 to VirtualBox

I have a VirtualBox w2008r2 Domain Controller running on a Solaris 10 server. I have the time on the Virtual machine set to Default time sync (bios clock) and the Solaris server set to sync to 0 8,20 * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate tick.usno.navy.mil tock.usno.navy.mil >> /tmp/ntp.log My problem is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Best way to sync time on a Linux machine

I wanted to know which should be the best way to sync time for a linux machine. We have an application server and a database server, both using RHEL 5.8 as the OS. It is important that the time on both these servers match together and also sync with a common time source. As per my knowledge, these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
11 Replies
SD_JOURNAL_GET_REALTIME_USEC(3) 			   sd_journal_get_realtime_usec 			   SD_JOURNAL_GET_REALTIME_USEC(3)

NAME
sd_journal_get_realtime_usec, sd_journal_get_monotonic_usec - Read timestamps from the current journal entry SYNOPSIS
#include <systemd/sd-journal.h> int sd_journal_get_realtime_usec(sd_journal* j, uint64_t* usec); int sd_journal_get_monotonic_usec(sd_journal* j, uint64_t* usec, sd_id128_t* boot_id); DESCRIPTION
sd_journal_get_realtime_usec() gets the realtime (wallclock) timestamp of the current journal entry. It takes two arguments: the journal context object and a pointer to a 64-bit unsigned integer to store the timestamp in. The timestamp is in microseconds since the epoch, i.e. CLOCK_REALTIME. sd_journal_get_monotonic_usec() gets the monotonic timestamp of the current journal entry. It takes three arguments: the journal context object, a pointer to a 64-bit unsigned integer to store the timestamp in, as well as a 128-bit ID buffer to store the boot ID of the monotonic timestamp. The timestamp is in microseconds since boot-up of the specific boot, i.e. CLOCK_MONOTONIC. Since the monotonic clock begins new with every reboot, it only defines a well-defined point in time when used together with an identifier identifying the boot. See sd_id128_get_boot(3) for more information. If the boot ID parameter is passed NULL, the function will fail if the monotonic timestamp of the current entry is not of the current system boot. Note that these functions will not work before sd_journal_next(3) (or related call) has been called at least once, in order to position the read pointer at a valid entry. RETURN VALUE
sd_journal_get_realtime_usec() and sd_journal_get_monotonic_usec() returns 0 on success or a negative errno-style error code. If the boot ID parameter was passed NULL and the monotonic timestamp of the current journal entry is not of the current system boot, -ESTALE is returned by sd_journal_get_monotonic_usec(). NOTES
The sd_journal_get_realtime_usec() and sd_journal_get_monotonic_usec() interfaces are available as a shared library, which can be compiled and linked to with the libsystemd-journal pkg-config(1) file. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), sd-journal(3), sd_journal_open(3), sd_journal_next(3), sd_journal_get_data(3), sd_id128_get_boot(3), clock_gettime(2), sd_journal_get_cutoff_realtime_usec(3) systemd 208 SD_JOURNAL_GET_REALTIME_USEC(3)