Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Funny *NIX commands
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Funny *NIX commands Post 302956103 by bakunin on Saturday 26th of September 2015 06:11:23 AM
Old 09-26-2015
How UNIXers do it (if they do it at all):

unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

*nix Desktops

Yeah, we all know where to find screenshots of Unix and Linux, but it would be awesome to see some of your *nix screenshots. Okay.. to explain: This is my KDE desktop on Yellow Dog Linux. I changed the background recently to a Commodore 64 theme (pretty cool) and no longer is the Konstruct Konsole... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnerd
25 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for something like Citrix for *nix

Hi, I don't mean the client.... I mean the server - I have the client to connect to a windows citrix server already. The next best thing I can use at present is VNC (I only want remote desktop, not application sharing specifically). The thing with VNC is that when you go on you are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: d11wtq
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Funny but true....

Hallo everybody I am having a shell script called auto_run.sh in that only the first line works. the second line which has sed command is working only at the # prompt. not within the shell script. What could be the reason. *... sed 's/ //g' KTI >abc works in another shell script without the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naushad
6 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Funny Quotes-UNIX

If you people find something funny like these go ahead and post it :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyadhar85
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo working funny

Hello, this is my first post and question. I have search before for this problem but didn't find anything similar. My case: I have a string inside the variable string1 like this: string1="lala lele lili lolo lulu" When I do echo of it, it appears like this: echo $string1 lala lele lili... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemtar
8 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Very Funny - Had to laugh

Guys, This is funny. http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jralph2005/bart.png jaysunn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Old, but still funny

Annoyances.org - Upgrading to Wife 1.0 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which is the most secure *nix?

Which is the most secure *nix for home business/ office use? Would have to be fairly well up to date browser and drivers wise. Myself I seem to have settled on RedHat - I've trialled the Desktop, and am part-way through a server trial. I've essentially not managed to keep the browser as secure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)