Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Two spaces making trouble
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Two spaces making trouble Post 302955922 by matrois on Wednesday 23rd of September 2015 02:01:48 PM
Old 09-23-2015
Thank you very much for your help.

Double quotes solved my problem...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

The trouble with...

Welcome to "The trouble with...." with your host, ZazzyBob. Todays offering - "The trouble with letting other people host your website" I use a certain web hosting service, who shall of course remain nameless here. They are running PHP 4.3.10 I decide to write a script to test their PHP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip leading and trailing spaces only in a shell variable with embedded spaces

I am trying to strip all leading and trailing spaces of a shell variable using either awk or sed or any other utility, however unscuccessful and need your help. echo $SH_VAR | command_line Syntax. The SH_VAR contains embedded spaces which needs to be preserved. I need only for the leading and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The trouble about SU ...

Hi all, having read lots of posts about SU I don't quiet understand this : I'm doing regular backups of my database (u betta do) and therefore use su - username -c "sqlscript special data_base" in a unixscript which is even using cron. (yep!) Now I need some other script, still with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to append spaces(say 10 spaces) at the end of each line based on the length of th

Hi, I have a problem where I need to append few spaces(say 10 spaces) for each line in a file whose length is say(100 chars) and others leave as it is. I tried to find the length of each line and then if the length is say 100 chars then tried to write those lines into another file and use a sed... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathima
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trouble making a useradd script

i'm new to scripting in unix and am trying to make a script to add a user and an encrypted password for them. this is what i have and it isn't giving me any errors, but when i try to login with the new user, the password doesn't work. i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patt4179
1 Replies

7. Programming

Trouble with C

Hey, i am having a problem First, i know java well and i have used C++ on occasion so i thought i would be able to deal with a class where they program in C. unfortunately i have hit some speed bumps that i am having problems. Here is my problem: I have a structure cache_t in the sample... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zephoid
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

making find/sed to include directory names with spaces

how can i make find/sed to include directory names with spaces the command is like this for i in `find wp-content/themes -type f -print0 | xargs -0 grep -l -iE 'e'`;do sed -i -e 's/word1/word2/gI' "$i";done but it skips one directory names with spaces sed: can't read ./Nova: No such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting newline and making output in single line with spaces

HI I have a file line vi Input 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
7 Replies
DFG2TPTP(1)							       SPASS							       DFG2TPTP(1)

NAME
dfg2tptp - transforms DFG files into TPTP files SYNOPSIS
dfg2tptp <input-file> <output-file> DESCRIPTION
dfg2tptp is a program which converts a problem input file in DFG format into a problem input file in TPTP format. The TPTP problem format is used by the TPTP library of test problems for automated theorem proving, available at http://www.math.miami.edu/~tptp/. Various tools exist to convert problems in TPTP format into input files for other theorem provers. SEE ALSO
checkstat(1), filestat(1), pcs(1), pgen(1), rescmp(1), tpform(1), tpget(1), deprose(1), dfg2otter(1), SPASS(1) AUTHORS
Thomas Hillenbrand, Dalibor Topic and Christoph Weidenbach Contact : spass@mpi-inf.mpg.de perl v5.10.0 2010-02-23 DFG2TPTP(1)